GoalTender

How can we make GT better for you?

72 posts in this topic

GoalkeeperTalk is here to support you. The vision we want to share together is a worldwide community of goalkeepers sharing experiences and discussing the best position on the football field...the goalkeeper!

WE NEED YOU!

Your suggestions are imperative, after all, this community is worthless without the posters we know and love :huh: Feel free to make suggestions and contribute to the improvement of GT. If you feel there is anything that should be discussed 1 on 1, go ahead and PM me.

Noted! The glove/kit review section could be put in place soon. I want to build up some more fellow keepers and more topics etc and then split the forum into more deeper categories.

Cheers bud!

As you will see, I just posted a review of my latest match in my introduction thread. I didn't know where to put it, so I stuck it in there.

Is there a specific place where it should be? If not, would there be any support for adding a section for that type of thing? I plan to post a new update every week, as I like to keep people (mostly myself) updated with my progress.

More members! If this place had more members it would mean more activity which could lead it to being an excellent resource for keepers. How you get these members I leave to you.

Bang on! This site would definitely be an excellent resource for keepers if we had more members. If word got out, this could easily become the largest independent goalkeeper-exclusive site on the 'net.

I suggest you try and advertise your site more. I'll help spread the word if I can, but we need to draw in a lot of new members.

I myself have tried to promote this site for Brian (goaltender) for the last 6 months with a link from www.reactgk.com and I have seen its growth in that time, it is an excellent site and forum, which is not pipelined with any retailers or brands, hence the freedom to speak freely without posts being deleted. It is time that goalkeepers had another option, and I am glad Goalkeeper Talk is here. I pass this site on to any professional keepers I speak with on regular basis and also my customers who have nothing but good things to say about it, and how friendly it is.

Mike

React Goalkeeping

www.reactgk.com

As you will see' date=' I just posted a review of my latest match in my introduction thread. I didn't know where to put it, so I stuck it in there.

Is there a specific place where it should be? If not, would there be any support for adding a section for that type of thing? I plan to post a new update every week, as I like to keep people (mostly myself) updated with my progress.

[/quote']

I'll look into this now. It's a good idea. Watch out for a new section to be added soon.

More members! If this place had more members it would mean more activity which could lead it to being an excellent resource for keepers. How you get these members I leave to you.

Bang on! This site would definitely be an excellent resource for keepers if we had more members. If word got out' date=' this could easily become the largest independent goalkeeper-exclusive site on the 'net.

I suggest you try and advertise your site more. I'll help spread the word if I can, but we need to draw in a lot of new members.

[/quote']

That's the number one isn't it? What grows any forum is people seeing good content & activity. This spreads the SEO through the search engines and makes it easier to find. I foresee the forum having a big growth spurt as 2010 continues to roll along. Watch it start moving and shaking :)

And many thanks for the comments Mike.

I'll look into this now. It's a good idea. Watch out for a new section to be added soon.

That's the number one isn't it? What grows any forum is people seeing good content & activity. This spreads the SEO through the search engines and makes it easier to find. I foresee the forum having a big growth spurt as 2010 continues to roll along. Watch it start moving and shaking :)

Thanks!

I know what you mean. I believe tonight has been one of the forum's busiest nights, am I right? I haven't seen this much new posts in such a short space of time before. If this continues, more and more people will join, just like you said. Activity and content promotes growth.

we should put a buying/selling section and injury section

I don't know if this forum software allows it, but I was thinking a "Thanks" system could be introduced. Basically, you can "Thank" a post if you feel it has helped you, or for whatever reason you want really.

Visit Boards.ie and take a look around at a few threads to see this in action.

Hmmm, good thread. Has there ever been thought into a Chat application?

I didn't read all of this, but what about video section for those who can give us a glance on there matches or training sessions? That'd be amazing really, and maybe for the fun of it add a poll of video of the week maybe.

Hmmm, good thread. Has there ever been thought into a Chat application?

Before the update, there was a shoutbox which was used semi-regularly. I will consider adding it back at some point.

I didn't read all of this, but what about video section for those who can give us a glance on there matches or training sessions? That'd be amazing really, and maybe for the fun of it add a poll of video of the week maybe.

I added a video section yesterday. I think there will be lots of good ways to start using it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Well, you could advertise this page more, becouse there's not much people here :c so it means got to wait a while to get a reply

the numbers are steadily increasing mate. As long as we all keep spreading the word it will continue to grow.

It is definitely one of my goals to increase the amount of users contributing (whilst also making sure of good content). Also, with the recent change in forum software, forum ranking drops for a short period of time. Don't worry, 2011 will be a good year I predict. :)

maybe we can used another media or social network to promote this forum..

cause, many people around the world check their social network account frequently..

so, an advertise/just a link can be create/added to direct them to this forum..