Mozolan

Mozolan's Keeper journal

Hey guys just wanted to get this started since my first game in my new league starts in about 3 weeks.

Haha well guys sorry have not been able to update. I deal a bit with the budget and that isnt fun but i am interested in all aspects of joining this league.

Well first training is this sunday, a small get together us players decided to have, so i will post those up.

Now off to see my new keeper jersey and find me some new gloves!

This sounds good Mozolan, keep me posted!

Good luck with your first game in the new league. :cool:

GkCoops.

i am sad, the training sechdule for last sunday didnt happen but we will have practice this friday and sunday so i will update when that happens!

So does that mean that you are training 2 times a week? Any chance you can get anymore training in during the week? The more the better my friend. Back in the day I would train with the team 5 days a week and still train on my days off by myself before the season started.

Actually guys I was off in my estimation for joining the league it is happening next week and sorry i havent been on lately we have been training almost everydays since i was last on, and we do train 5 days a week. I play with friends on the weekends so yeah i hear ya CFGK.

Conor: Well it is and isnt we are joining the league through my college, but since the college team plays during the fall season, the football club decided to form a team through the help of the college to joining a good league that has divisions.

Well he had a preseason friendly against a team who placed 3rd last year and as a new team we let in too many goals in my opinion but there was nothing i could which relieves me.

Pre-season friendly

Time:2pm

Conditions: Cold/kind of sunny

First Half:

We started off strong, but at last no goal in the first 10-15 mins. At this point my defence and me had little to nothing to do, the game was played in the midfield and their side of the field. I wish i knew exactly what minute but i cant remember for the life for me right now. It was about the 20th minutes, on a corner this tall midfielder headed the ball right into the top right corner.

0-1

In under 5 minutes we got a break-away and scored.

1-1

Again the game to ended up in the midfield and any attackers trying to attack got blocked by my defence, to say the least i have done nothing up to this point, except one or two goal kicks. In the 35th minute we again find the breakaway and score.

2-1

In under 5 minutes again we find the same hole we did in the 35th minutes and score.

3-1

Right before half-time, one of there guys who is insanely fast breaks out and one of my CB who is also insanely fast tries to catch up with him. but end up blocking my vision for just a couple of seconds and next we know know the guys bolts around my CB and shoots again in that right corner, to perfect, could not save it.

3-2

Half time: woot we are leading...

Second half:

The second half starts out with a good back and forth counterattack for both team but neither can get a strike off at goal. Now this is where it gets interesting in about 65th minute we score but not by a breakway but by a great strike from distance.

4-2

Well as you would guess in about the 75th minute. They score again and guess what it is from a header from a corner, already at this point we are all aware not to try to concede corners.

4-3

We see a lot of good counter attacks that end to short for both sides. In the 80th minute we find ourselve on a breakaway but although i am sure we would of scored either way, the keeper came out just a bit too early and opened up a slot for us to slip it past.

5-3

Now in the 84th minute, they got another good breakaway but this time the player tries to slip it past into the corner like we just did, but i end up being able to get to it to just push it out. The corner i was able to catch, so although before the end i was able to come out and get a couple balls they pushed a bit too far ahead. Game ends.

Final score 5-3

Good news:

Good for our first full game together.

Bad News:

work on corners.

Sorry for the estimations on time, but cant wait for our first season game this friday!

sounds like a good game bud. its always good to get a win under you belt even if its friendlies. dont worry about corners... you guys will sort that out over time im sure!

Game tonight at 9pm. First game of the season! Hopefully my team can go out after our 5-3 friendly win and make a impact in the league.

Well guys everyone ready for the shocker! We did horrible. We fixed what went wrong in the first half and wasted too many chances.

Game: 1st of the season

Time: 9:30pm

Weather: Cold and dry

Formation: 3-5-2 (i know stupid but we fixed it after it at the half.)

First Half:

The first 5 mins was all midfield play, until the finally got a break away which was pushed out for a corner. Saved a header that was aimed low. Our midfield kept missing chances and holding on to the ball way a couple seconds too long and my 3-man def faced 5 attackers. They quickly broke open the defence and found the first goal.

0-1

Following the first goal, it only took about another 5 minutes for a bad midfield play to have the opp. to counterattack again and find the second goal.

0-2

At this point we dont think it cant get any worse, but our left back get taken down, no call?(total bs) and they cross it in finding a non-marked man and he hit it in.

0-3

Our left-back has a broken shoulder and is out for the rest of the season. So when they bring in the sub, i was trying to tell them to bring in a forth defender for a 4-4-2, but at last no response because there attention was on the injuried player. We held for a good while until a last minute goal from distance got me off guard and came off the defender to fall in the net.

0-4

Half time:

We change to a 4-4-2 formation. Now we seem to be doing better after 15 minutes of good counterattacking both ways nothing major happens, corners for both team me and other keeper get to, until we find a breakway and score, but the ref calls it offside. Total bs, he was totally onsides but either way until about the 75th min. one of my mids brought down a man in the box, didnt seem to be a pen. but guess what it was. I dove one way, he shot the other but the bar had to help it in.

0-5

From the 75th min to about the 85th we are doing all the counterattacking and about 7 good shots hit off the bar....bad luck and bad aim for us today.

In the 85th one of my def messed up and blocked a view of a close range shot. Couldnt see a thing and barely got anything to it, just to find it fell right back to the attacker.

0-6.

Thats how the game ended, we did a lot better after we forgot the stupid 3-5-2 formation.

Well comments?

As corny as it sound. Keep your chin up. It can be hard to shake off a bad game, but it has happened to us all. Hopefully your team learns from it's mistakes and will do better in your next match. Only the first match of the season so you guys have time to improve.

Tonight is our second game i will let you know everything tomorrow.

Hey guys we got a match tomorrow gonna post the match review most likely after the game. Soon off to practice.

Well for some reason i thought i posted the second game but it didnt show up, but we lost that game 3-0.

Sorry i hit post reply and it seems to have disappeared. But although i cant give you details about the game.

Game: 3rd of the season

Time: 6:15pm

Weather: Wet and windy

Formation: 4-4-2

Field type: We usually play on turf, but we played on the grass for this game, a big difference, never played keeper on grass before.

First Half:

This game started very slow, all the balls ended up being throw-ins, neither I nor the other keeper got tested for the first 20 mins. About the 25th minute, our left-mid found enough space to cross into the box, but the keeper got to it, threw straight to their left mid and took to the left side of the box crossed in and one of my cb didnt follow the striker, and he hit straight to the corner.

0-1

For the next 5 minutes it was again goin back in forth in the midfield, until our RB went up to try and steal it, but failed, and they found opening on the right brought it in and passed, again nobody was following the guy who scored earlier and he found the net.

0-2

Now things began to change, for about 5 minutes we pressured, never allowing them to get near our defense, our RM broke past their defence and shot the goal, going past the keeper.

1-2

The first half ended with us presurring but not finding a second goal.

Half time:

The second half started with us presurring again, but not finding anything. Until about the 65th minute, they found a good counter attack. One of my mids drew a free kick right outside the box. Although while trying to make the wall, one of the mids didnt want to get into the wall, and the ref blew the whistle, so the kicker curled it in, although i got fingers to it, it wasnt enough.

1-3

In a matter of minutes, the Rm lead another counterattack and crossed it to find the LM wide open, and he tapped it in.

2-3

We continue the attacking pressure but at last no avail, in about the 80th minute, they take a shot right outside the box, the guys was wide open and aimed straight at the lower corner, he had a rocket of a shot, i got finger to it, just for it to hit the post and curl in.

2-4

We had so many chances on corner in the last couple of minutes, but all fell helplessly to be cleared out.

Final: 2-4

Lol well i have practice today, so i will let you guys know what happened.

gkpaul: Yeah lol i did when the goals went in, but he covered the striker well for being so quick and not a bad height either

Well we had a game, this game caused problems for everyone! We actually started arguing. I have next to confidence left in myself after players told me shut up and get out of the goal. Anyways, we played the best team who clearly is in the wrong division.

The first two teams we played faced them and lost 7-0, and 7-2 and they won the game before this one 6-0 or something along those line, all i know we were confident after the 4-2 lost, because we actually got two goals, but the player who scored one and got the assist from the other is out for a concussion.

To tell you the truth i dont remember much about the game because of the explosion after the game.

Game: 4th of the season

Time: 6:45pm

Weather: Wet

Formation: 4-4-2

Field type: Grass

Well lets just say, the first couple of minutes we locked them down, but it seems in the 10 or 15th minute one guys got such a big hand ball, but the ref didnt call it. and hit it in, i heard a whistle, but it wasnt for us. and he took this moment to smash it in the near post.

1-0

The defence seemed to try to control this team, but these guys are just to quick, and no matter what had two or three players breaking away. Before the half we found ourselves down easily 5 or 6 goals down.

Half Time:

Everyone is telling me it will be alright, but i know we are outclassed, and they are trying to continue to form another attack pattern, i believed we should hold this score line and not try to concede more, but this is where the fun starts.

Second Half:

We start off no goals for either side for a bit, but at about 10 minutes in, they get a penalty from my RWB, it goes in.

They start to exploit our LB because they are a right sided attack team and more defence minded on the left, but had a good overall team. so we subbed our LB out, the guy we subbed in, had to match against a new left mid, they subbed too. This guy was insanely fast and talented, but had next to no stamina it seemed. he broke through our LB so many times i don't know what happened, our lb wanted to get subbed out so we brought in a new mid, grabbed our other mid, who is quick to come back to LB. he covered that side well enough, well a couple goals later, guess what, someone bring someone down again. Another pen. of course i am mad, and wondered who brought the guys down, my striker up top after the pen tells me to shut up and get out of goal. and my cb is telling to shut up or speak up... how can i follow about 6 or 7 attackers who not even my def can cover while watching the ball? So anyways we end the game with a big lost, and arguments almost made me quit, but apologizes came and now as a goalie i am shattered as well have a leg injury and my neck is getting stiff for no reason.

Yeah, game tomorrow night, hopefully we can finally win one!

Sorry guys i have been away, this last season was a wierd one, i couldnt find time to come online, since my computer got a virus and changed computers. This next season i will definitly update!