hey guys..

Ill be updating you all with my season as it goes and just for now ill give you a catch up where I am at, where Ive been and a bit about myself.

Ive always been a keeper as far as i can remember. In primary school I was a hope for the future. a, playing school level and with hibs. i always won the goalkeepers tournaments or camps. Also had Jim Leighton and Criag brown tell me that they thought I was the best keeper about scotland at the time and I had a future in the game.

Made the move to highschool and didnt enjoy life there. had problems and was bullied on and off the pitch. for a while I stepped out of football because of the problems. Once I was a bit older and had settled in highschool I went back to playing climbing the ranks again and maybe looking like I could get picked up. 4 years ago roughly I feel ill with an illness called Gullian Barre Sydrome. most people dont know what this is. Its an illness that shuts down all your muscles and you cant control them no longer. you can move any muscles in your body and they start to waste... along with my lungs and heart I was close to dying. After a hard battle I was told that I could possibly walk again but it would be minimum. 1 year on and I proved them wrong and was back running again.. so I have promised myself since god spared me and let me fight again that I would revive my goal in life and to reach a professional level as a goalkeeper.

in 2008 I started pushing again to see what I could do. I was quickly signed for an up and coming amateur team and quickly spotted by alot of teams in the premier league amateur and decided to sign for one of them. I was welcomed with red carpet pretty much and things where starting to look good. Some great performances in the start of 2009-2010 season with me signing for tynecastle Hearts in feb(another decent step up if you dont know the team). So I play my first game for the Tynecastle and 1 week later in training for my sunday team I was badly challenged from behind in a small game while I was gettin outfield training I heard a snap in my ankle. Turned out to be I ruptured all the ligaments in my ankle and it was in a pretty bad shape. (pictures attached) After the last 3 weeks sitting dealing with NHS physios and doctors with no further info or progress on my ankle I decided to go private care, Today I had my appointment with the private physio and have news that with the correct training I could be back maybe 1-2 months. With NHS staff telling me that I could be out premently this was great news! (nhs can be useless) It was amazing what the physio today was 10 x more effective and seemed to be more professioanl. I am now with 1 session down with this physio and I can now hold all my weight on my ankle and kinda balance on one leg for short spells due to the pain and simply not being able to yet. I feel Im in better hands and mentally feeling more confident on my recovery.

post-152-129209677447_thumb.jpg

post-152-12920967745_thumb.jpg

Anyway I am hoping to get back quicker than a month as my team is in a final next month and would love to be there but I am not willing to risk it if its touch in go. I am still in a very unstable situation and needing to find out what extent my ankle is going to recover to. If my ankle doesnt heal back to normal there maybe was to fix it long term such as an operation where they drill a hole in my ankle bone and tie the ligaments into that to keep them together. sounds horrible!

Anyway ATM ill be keeping you all up todate on my recovery.

All the best with your recovery mate. I can sympathise being injured myself at the moment. Suffered a bad knee contusion following a heavy collision, as per my thread on my season, and it's kept me out for the last 5 weeks. Looking at your bruising, mine was very similar although my whole leg from the knee down looked like that!

thanks invisibleman18. thats me now 4 weeks out and im probably looking to be out for training for another 4 weeks.

right now with the physio im working on just one legged stand on it and bending my knee. its very small amounts i can handle but its gettin there. Once I can stand completely on it on one leg and bend up and down on the one leg Ill move on to doing small hops gettin bigger once Im there it will be running and turning. As I say im a good bit away from that happening though and 4 weeks seems very soon but im keen to get back.

thanks GoalTender.. do you know what GBS is?

I hope I can push back and maybe make something of it. Maybe have a story to tell at the end of it all. who knows!

Tonight Im going to my first training session back from my injury. I wont be doing much as Im only at stage one with the phsyio

Physio stages :-

1. balancing on the one leg while bending the knee up and down.

2. hopping on the ankle

3. running/jumping

4. turning on ankle

I see an improvement over the last 3 days so Im going to give training a try. keep doing the basics catching and maybe some work on my back. Im worried about keeping my reactions and so forth.

I know one thing that is one bad looking injury, but if you can make it back stronger then power to ya mate!

lol Thanks!

I am thinking that ill be ok.

I went to training last night and iI was actually ok. did minimum work, catching and light diving. worked alittle on passing. I can only pass lightly as hard passes are alittle sore still.

tomorrow I will be visiting my physio again so Ill tell you the update on that one then!

Physio- reports good. I am on to the next stage already. hoping that I can go on to making this final now!

he did a deep tissue rub thing which really helps but is extremely painful. we messured my improvements and im closer to full movement than before. another 5 degree so only 10 degree left now I think! yes!

extremely happy today great news!

Happy days! The good news + the motivation will all help speed it along even quicker I'm sure. It's good you're getting the physio treatment. A lot of people stop at a doctor's diagnosis.

I didn't know what GBS was until you mentioned it and I done a bit of reading.

Yea its a bit of a nasty bugger.. got a good few stories to tell with it aswell.. but sure you all dont wanna know them lol. I am feeling confident now about the recovery and hopefully play a half next weekend althou Im itching now to get out this weekend but must convience myself not to. I know what you mean alot of people just get on with it.. normally Im one but with this injury I had no choice and if I wanted to recover quicker and better it was the only choice. But what I have learnt was not to go back to NHS. terrible

lol u wanna know my ugly stories in hospital lol..

Just to tip you off.. lots of tubes everywhere.. and all im saying is a 12mm tube isnt ment to go in that hole.. lol

-----------------------------------------

my team got beat 7-0 on sunday so bad news. I went to watch and the keeper that was filling in for me didnt cover himself in glory. Was hard to watch.. if I had been there.. I think it could have been maybe 1-0 or even a draw!

Anyway!

FLASH NEWS! best news Ive had in along time.. I have the all clear to start kicking.. and also aslong as I have no problems Im back between the sticks this weekend coming! Im soooo ohapppppy!!!! yeaa!

lol u wanna know my ugly stories in hospital lol..

Just to tip you off.. lots of tubes everywhere.. and all im saying is a 12mm tube isnt ment to go in that hole.. lol

-----------------------------------------

my team got beat 7-0 on sunday so bad news. I went to watch and the keeper that was filling in for me didnt cover himself in glory. Was hard to watch.. if I had been there.. I think it could have been maybe 1-0 or even a draw!

Anyway!

FLASH NEWS! best news Ive had in along time.. I have the all clear to start kicking.. and also aslong as I have no problems Im back between the sticks this weekend coming! Im soooo ohapppppy!!!! yeaa!

So who do you play for, and good luck.

First off, I must commend you on your courage and bravery. You have come through a lot, and it's good to see you'll be back playing again shortly.

I know you want to come back playing and have been given the go ahead, but if you have any doubts, don't rush back and take any chances.

I'm sorry to hear about your team getting hammered. However, when you do come back, you're team will appreciate you even more, so I guess that's one positive you can take from such a heavy defeat.

By the way, what age are you?

Keep us updated with your progress... and good luck!

connor thanks.. thanks everyone.

Im 23.

Yea I know not to push it. physios gave me the go ahead to play football but I am still going to see him twice a week for the next month atleast. I went out last night to see how my kick from hand, ground and movement was. Movement was ok for first attempt back, Kicking from hand was a bit iffy at first but once I got my confidence back.. I was kicking about 40m with a decent amount of height. Kicking from ground as in goalkicks where not strong didnt feel normal at all. I was kicking about 15m which is no where near good enough. But as I said it feels weird and maybe subconciously I am protecting it more than I need to. I noticed it when i first started to kick doing small passing and from hand I was cowardly kicking the ball. so I forced my mind to get over it. anxiety call it. But all from the first time kicking was ok I guess.

Went a run about 30 minutes after.. this was my second time running since the injury as the first time was on sunday, sunday was poor to behonest and was mainly hobbling around jogging for about 15m then walking 30m and back to hobbling. Yesterday when I was running was more easier and confident. ran about 1mile everything was looking good, went to turn to go back home and went over my ankle again.. little set back. was sore but again I think I shouted more in pain because I was protecting it than it actually hurt. so I walked up to asda and bought some ice. went home and sat it in ice for about 15 minutes then some muscle rub. Feels ok this morning but again I think im protecting it again. Whimpishly using it. So I need to try and forget ive done it as its going to play on my mind alot. really annoying to be honest.

I play just amateur level at the moment gogs as I a have had alot of problems with my health everytime I seem to get to a good level or maybe getitng picked up something ends up happened. hopefully this is the end of it.

My Manager comments;

If I am fit enough to train tonight.. and I can move fine kick ok He will give me a half on saturday and sunday. If all is good for the weekend I will be playing a minimum of half a game hopefully a full game. Which means I will make my final. great bonus!

I must make sure im not saying im fit and just playing through the injury. There isnt just me to consider but if I play and struggle I will just let down my team mates. So I will let you know tonight after training. Its raining alot today so it may be cancelled.

Training was cancelled but I organised indoor football at the world of football in edinburgh. I played pretty good, espcially for just coming back. few good saves.. some reason quick to go to ground now (dont know why that is) blocked acouple of shots with my foot and no problems. kicking is a bit weak but good enough to play with. passing is fine. movements 75% so all is good.

manager came to watch and asked me if I feel ready he wants me to go back in goals for the team.

That's really great news. (and 12mm tube =.......cringe lol)

I'm looking forward to your report on your first match back in the sticks.

All i gotta say is.....i didnt need to know about the tubes! But great on the good news! Wanna hear about your first game.....to early for me to say u will get a clean sheet?

All i gotta say is.....i didnt need to know about the tubes!

Well...you asked!!!

exactly lol

weekend passed.

Saturday was ment to play a half but my manager phoned me on friday to let me know id been dropped from our b team. As it was an important game and needed to win.. I wasnt exactly happy by this as im no1 and I am atleast double the player of the other keeper even un fit. Anyway regardless to this I still felt i should have atleast played a part. I was on the bench for the A team on sunday and was given the chance to come on but as the pitch condition changed, I pulled myself out of the running to be subbed on. I let other played more important as a sub to come on instead. Saturday we lost 4-3 and sunday we lost 4-2. Both games I feel I could have helped the team to win but I kept my opinion quiet as the rest of the team voiced theyre opinion on the matter, they wanted me.

Anyway I told my manager on friday that I was considering quitting the team because of the situation and I feel im better than how im being treated. He called my bluff alittle but eventually paniced when he realised I was leaving and begged me to think about it, hence why I went on sunday but I am still thinking about what im doing now.

Last night we had a team night out, because of the bank holiday. We all went out and listened to a live gig. I told the team how I felt and so forth and theyre was alittle bit of a uproar to the manager as played complained again I was being treated unfairly as I am one of the main characters in the team. So basicly I am playing tomorrow night the whole game. Not particularly happy because its against second top of the table and they have won the league the last 3 years on the trot. I will be very busy and its not exactly gonna look great for me as I havent played in 7 weeks.

so Ill report on that tomorrow night. let you guys know how it goes. I have another physio appointment today at 430 so I hope all is still good with that.

Well i got what i deserved. Hopefully you pull a stunning performance outta ya.

well I am extremely nervious.. took the day off work just to get mentally prepared. which is not me. but I feel slightly knocked down and mentally not here. played last night in the 5s pitches in edinburgh world of football. good areas. I played top notch and saved pretty much everything. but wee goals.. so i need to transform that into tonights 11s! ahhhh panic

Tonights game

before the game I said I was nervous but when I turned up I pushed that into concentration and effort.

Kick off: 6:30

condition: wet and bit marshy, very windy

team: Redhall

Game started

5th minute save from myself tipping over the bar, good chance for the oposition

7th minute save from myself tipping over the bar.. very close to being a goal

so far we were pushed back straight away and they were all over us. most position red hall.

18th minute save again from me from a great effort from the striker just putting it wide

22nd minute another save from me gathered it

still redhall all over us.

33nd minute I went through 4 save within about 2 minutes.. eventually tipping it over the bar from a very well places shot heading top corner, which I was scrambling to get to. They have the corner and I punch it out.. landing to there left back who swings it long into the back post almost scoring with me tipping it over again. corner red hall.. another cross and another tip from me putting it behind for a corner.. from the corner Goal conceded. too many bodies infront of me couldnt get out to punch and a nice wee header in between all the bodies couldnt see it coming.

37th min 1-0 redhall

39th min red hall hit us on the counter.. little I could do 1v1 with him just tapping it wide of me.. 2-0 red hall

41st minute defense slips and again left with a shot, save and my right back beats me.. goal. 3-0

45th minute feel apart again with a 1v1 again goal

46th minute goal for us 4-1 long ball through striker latched onto it and a side footed it passed the keeper 1v1.

Half time

the second half was full of saves from myself and defense blocks. we didnt really hit them again.. they were all over us. but we didnt concede. report would take proper days if I went through everything but we kept the clean sheet second half.

my self performance rating 8/10

reason is because I stopped everything I could and im happy with my performance althou I was maybe part to blame on one of the 1v1s my decision to come out early and try to stop it gave him the option to tap it around me.. could have brought him down but didnt wanna see red.

highlight of the match before they scored my whole team came up after the last big save and they were all shouting.. thats what we were missing.. and they loved me! lol great feeling to have. Im extremely happy with my performance and my kicking was good.. althou I didnt take goal kicks today. from hand my kick was 3/4 of the park most of time.

Anyway awaiting info on if im playin in the final if the managers happy with me. foot held well.

Ah one of those. Sounds like it could have been 8 or 10 without you in the sticks. Was it expected to be a difficult game? And well done considering the wind as well, there's nout worse!