ConorBuckley.J4K

Post a Picture of Your Gloves.

How can a keeper own power cats and reusch and then ruin his credability with a pair of nike gloves in his collection?? dear oh dear!

Okay, I'm really bewildered... Nike are some of the best gloves around, is it a joke that I'm missing or are they genuinely disliked?

I'm so confused -.-

Okay, I'm really bewildered... Nike are some of the best gloves around, is it a joke that I'm missing or are they genuinely disliked?

I'm so confused -.-

jack the lad, do u really need the ferrari/tesco speech again?

these days skoda is owned by vw and gets good reviews. its a good car. BUT ITS A SKODA! sometimes things just stick, no matter how much they change it. its the same with ur nike gloves. nike gloves = skoda

jack the lad, do u really need the ferrari/tesco speech again?

these days skoda is owned by vw and gets good reviews. its a good car. BUT ITS A SKODA! sometimes things just stick, no matter how much they change it. its the same with ur nike gloves. nike gloves = skoda

True, but I think regardless, Nike could use a pair of Pumas (please don't hit me too hard for saying that) to wipe their... derrière. I have to say that Nike gloves, whether they're popular or not, excel on their quality. Their sole quality means that they are feasible to have in a collection, over Sondico any day at least ;)

PS. I'm gonna get fairly used to making these comments... cause I believe we may become friends in the process of having this debate so often ;)

how dare u say such comments about puma and sondico (well pre 2000 sondico gloves) u need to wash ur mouth out with a bar of soap! i always thought there was still a place for the caine at school for students who dont pay attention and learn from the teacher. hint hint!

how dare u say such comments about puma and sondico (well pre 2000 sondico gloves) u need to watch ur mouth out with a bar of soap! i always thought there was still a place for the caine at school for students who dont pay attention and learn from the teacher. hint hint!

Haha, if a teacher ever came near me with one of those things, they'd find it shoved up their nose!

Did you have it used, back when you where at school in the 18th century? ;) ooohhhhh

Puma are pretty good, but they're the only ones I'd buy out of the original brands you know and love so much, but I'm not even a giant fan of them. Nike aside, I do like all these smaller brands, a mate sold me some GK Union, Warby and Kla.no gloves, I have big expectations for those!

Sooner or later whipper snapper Karma will get you! What comes around goes around! So you keep up the age jokes bucko! ;)

Have to say, i dont consider Puma one of the original brands. I remember David James wearing them back in 1992 for Watford and thought 'what the f....'

I consider the originals to be reusch, sondico and uhlsport. You see back then they made gloves. they didnt make shirts or boots. They were made by nike, admiral(who made the england shirts) and adidas. I was won over by Puma after getting a pair from my mate who worked at Chelsea's training ground. He got a pair of what Cudicin wore, they were amazing! But they were real top of the range. since then i opted for puma a lot cuz they offered real good quality for a good price. although now they have gone up a lot so same as reusch, only buy when on offer.

i dont mind the smaller brands, have tried quite a few. but some i dont like at all.

Sooner or later whipper snapper Karma will get you! What comes around goes around! So you keep up the age jokes bucko! ;)

Have to say, i dont consider Puma one of the original brands. I remember David James wearing them back in 1992 for Watford and thought 'what the f....'

I consider the originals to be reusch, sondico and uhlsport. You see back then they made gloves. they didnt make shirts or boots. They were made by nike, admiral(who made the england shirts) and adidas. I was won over by Nike after getting a pair from my mate who worked at Chelsea's training ground. He got a pair of what Cudicin wore, they were amazing! But they were real top of the range. since then i opted for puma a lot cuz they offered real good quality for a good price. although now they have gone up a lot so same as reusch, only buy when on offer.

i dont mind the smaller brands, have tried quite a few. but some i dont like at all.

Haha, if I leave the house and an ice cream van falls on me, I will be pretty amazed. Looks like I'll have to stay in bed all day, to, you know, avoid getting hurt ;)

Just shows how old David James is really, he shouldn't have represented England last year.

Having used the Uhlsport Akkurat Supersoft... I don't like Uhlsport, not their biggest fan, but I did play on turf with then so they did knacker, I do have an unused pair I may use to train with next season! Ah, good old Nike eh! I often feel they don't get enough recognition on here ;)

Puma are good, until they have massive holes taken out of the middle of them! You know what I'm talkin' about ;) but they're quality, I had a £2 pair with 2mm latex, they did last a while and were grippy, I couldn't believe they were that good for an actual price of £2.

It's all down to personal choice, if you're used to Adidas etc. then going down to a lower brand all of a sudden can be a big change, technology isn't always so up to date.

Apologies Jack, i corrected my typo i meant was won over by Puma not Nike. Thats you keep going on about NIKE!!! I wont buy a pair of gloves to wear for matches unless its 4mm palms these days. Although an original, and i knoew there popular and do make quality gloves, ive never been over keen on Uhlsport. Wore a pair back in early 90's, they were cack. Had a pair with finger protection in 2005 cup final after breaking a finger, they werent very comfortable or grippy. Almost bought some a few months back..........cant remember the model now. damn. well they we.......cerberus thats it! but i decided not to buy any as i have enough, and never know whats happening on the work front!

Oh can you get me a screwball with strawberry sauce on if u see the ice cream van.

Apologies Jack, i corrected my typo i meant was won over by Puma not Nike. Thats you keep going on about NIKE!!! I wont buy a pair of gloves to wear for matches unless its 4mm palms these days. Although an original, and i knoew there popular and do make quality gloves, ive never been over keen on Uhlsport. Wore a pair back in early 90's, they were cack. Had a pair with finger protection in 2005 cup final after breaking a finger, they were very comfortable or grippy. Almost bought some a few months back..........cant remember the model now. damn. well they we.......cerberus thats it! but i decided not to buy any as i have enough, and never know whats happening on the work front!

Oh can you get me a screwball with strawberry sauce on if u see the ice cream van.

Haha, If I had £1 for every time I said Nike and I was in a generous mood, you'd never have to work again ;)

See, Uhlsport have never caught on for me because of the supersoft palm on some just completely put me off, never works with English weather because of how wet it is, makes it really slippy, makes you concede soft goals! Luckily this was training and not a match really. Thing is, Uhlsport have "good gloves" as I've heard, but again the price tag is fairly high, not as much as Reusch, but still expensive.

It's actually amazing knowing someone like you, you're very experienced in the game so you have such a vast knowledge of gloves. Putting all the jokey stuff aside, I hope I'm still able to play into my adulthood like you, and still be as interested in it all as you are, I think I will, but I'm never sure really!

As far as the ice cream goes, well, I'll get you one if you pay me back, and if I can still move -.-

if i was a premiership goalkeeper (wont go into why im not as its all political why i didnt make it ;) )i would be in my prime at 32. however ive not had the luxury of experts looking after my injuries and massages after every game and eating the right stuff, so my legs and particular my knees are f**ked. they creak when i bend down, cant push straight up if im squating unless i grab something to pull me up. they click a lot too. it sucks man.

yeah ive been around the block a bit Jacky. but ive always loved goalkeeping. i dont like the pressure that comes with playing in goal i will admit. but making that stunning save is more of a thrill then scoring a goal. anyone who plays in goal then says they wanna play out on pitch and not bothered about playing in goal is not a real keeper. its strange cuz when i dive for a shot 99% of the time i know if im gonna get to it or not. sometimes still dive even when i know im not gonna save it. sounds dumb really, but makes the goal look better and there had been the odd occasion when ive dived and thought *pick u out the net in a minute son* and all of a sudden its hit my hand and im all surprised.

of course these days i dont get 'airborne' like i use to with my knees.

Just stay off that hard astro turf surface, 3g is better. i think thats what did my knees. in. its only been within last 2 years they have given way.

if i was a premiership goalkeeper (wont go into why im not as its all political why i didnt make it ;) )i would be in my prime at 32. however ive not had the luxury of experts looking after my injuries and massages after every game and eating the right stuff, so my legs and particular my knees are f**ked. they creak when i bend down, cant push straight up if im squating unless i grab something to pull me up. they click a lot too. it sucks man.

yeah ive been around the block a bit Jacky. but ive always loved goalkeeping. i dont like the pressure that comes with playing in goal i will admit. but making that stunning save is more of a thrill then scoring a goal. anyone who plays in goal then says they wanna play out on pitch and not bothered about playing in goal is not a real keeper. its strange cuz when i dive for a shot 99% of the time i know if im gonna get to it or not. sometimes still dive even when i know im not gonna save it. sounds dumb really, but makes the goal look better and there had been the odd occasion when ive dived and thought *pick u out the net in a minute son* and all of a sudden its hit my hand and im all surprised.

of course these days i dont get 'airborne' like i use to with my knees.

Just stay off that hard astro turf surface, 3g is better. i think thats what did my knees. in. its only been within last 2 years they have given way.

It would be nice, having a massage every time you get a booboo, but alas, we non-professional keepers just have to glue it back together if it breaks.

Thing I find, it's all about instinct, you'll make that catch, but only because it's instinct that gets you in the set position and makes the catch, and it's the same for making that save, if you know you're not gonna get to it you dive anyway, just on the off-chance. I'm pretty inexperienced at my age, but my mental strength has improved alot, if I let in a goal, I make sure I'm not going to let that goal in again, that's instinct telling you to not let them pick you apart and stay strong. I'm only 5 foot 8, but I can fly to that corner, and I know that's not a luxury I'm gonna have forever, so I'm doing anything I can to grow.

I've always hated astro, tbh I don't even like 3g, cuts your legs up like a field of machetes, I'm always wearing long sleeve when I train and padded bottoms, but when I was training with my local adult team, the astro was not a nice place to be diving on.

OK so this is whats in the spare room.............

2026c829.jpg

These are in a box in the shed

f92462a7.jpg

The photo doesnt do the box justice in terms of size, thats an adults bike wheel next to the box.

75abea93.jpg

OK so this is whats in the spare room.............

2026c829.jpg

These are in a box in the shed

f92462a7.jpg

The photo doesnt do the box justice in terms of size, thats an adults bike wheel next to the box.

75abea93.jpg

Don't know what shocks me more, the fact you have enough gloves to fill up a wheel-sized box (which is a rather impressive feat, when I'm making £250,000 a week being a footballer...'s friend mooching off him, I'll try and match that), or that you have such a variation. I see most people, and they just stuff a box full of Uhlsport or Adidas gloves, makes a good, but really boring collection imo.

son, gloves are like women. u gotta sample a bit of each one to know what u like the best. as u said, if u stick to the same old thing it gets boring ;)

this is why we need those super injunctions we talked about on another post

I'm so confused -.-

that guy simply doesn't like them, but from what I've seen he's got a sense of humour about it :) We all have our preferences. I for example rate the Nike T90s rather highly (though I would happily at on recommendations and suggestions for better gloves). Fingersaves are a good example. Or marmite. Love it or hate it ::P

On the whole though, Reusch are considered among the best, as are sells i think. But its all moot - one person's best is another's worst and the only way anyone can rate any glove is by using it and seeing for themselves.

EDIT:

son, gloves are like women. u gotta sample a bit of each one to know what u like the best. as u said, if u stick to the same old thing it gets boring ;)

Nice analogy there!

I would have gone for cheese instead of women ;)

I'm joking, I'm not THAT strange, and it's like you said, you've been around the block of it, are we just talking goalkeeping there? ;)

Lads i know its Friday and the weekend is here. But your pulling my leg right?? Two people that like Nike?? Nah im not having that. You two are a double act like Morcome and wise.

I think Sells want to be considered one of the best, but there not really. There ok, and of the newer brands that surfaced in the last ten years there certainly one of the better makes thats for sure.

Anyone on here rate selsport?

This is why i wont buy Precision goalkeeper gloves. look at the tom pro gloves top left of the box. exactly the same glove. the badge is sewn into the middle of the back hand, the end of the wrist strap and a bit on the finger. wonder how many other companies sell this as there own glove. i wouldnt buy the precision because they were £20 more expensive then the tompro glove, for the same thing.

f92462a7.jpg

pgk-ssroll.jpg

This is why i wont buy Precision goalkeeper gloves. look at the tom pro gloves top left of the box. exactly the same glove. the badge is sewn into the middle of the back hand, the end of the wrist strap and a bit on the finger. wonder how many other companies sell this as there own glove. i wouldnt buy the precision because they were £20 more expensive then the tompro glove, for the same thing.

f92462a7.jpg

pgk-ssroll.jpg

Having looked at the two pictures, you're right! Thanks for saving me, I was considering buying some in the sale at great-save, but I didn't at the end, so who's a good little boy ;)

As far as the Nike goes... yeah, a double act like Sol Campbell & Tony Adams! Amazing two people, for an amazing cause...

I've never actually used selsport... had an interest but never actually got round to using their gloves, people say they're good but I've never really had a proper choice.

Just remember that Tony Adams was called a donkey for long periods of his career. so becareful who you want to be like!

I want to be like Charlie Sheen!