Marat-GK

Whats your worst ever mistake in goal?

My one was when a player shot from 60 metres, and as i was about to get the ball it bounced of the ground and was going towards the net i ran back for it but it was to late. Whats yours?

Conceded a goal about 10 seconds after kick off. They kicked off and booted it towards goal from the halfway line. It was a simple catch and it somehow slipped through my fingers.

Started clapping my centre back for what I though was a fantastic sliding tackle.......except the striker beat him to it and toe poked the ball underneath my belated, embarrassed mid-clap dive. Morale: never praise my defenders again (only joking)!!

This probably wins it, but conceding from the opposition goalkeeper when playing for my high school first 11 6 years ago. Playing against extreme wind, the keeper had a massive punt on him and one of his kicks sailed way into our half and over our defence. I came out too far and it took a ridiculous bounce up over me and I only succeeded in diving backwards and palming it into the goal.

6 years later still barely a day goes by when I don't think about it at some point. And my biggest fear in games is not a 1 on 1 or crosses or the normal goalkeeper concerns, but it's when the keeper has the ball in his hands and we're playing against the wind!

lol classy invisibleman haha.. mines was going to collect a shot which was more like a pass back.. not going down all the way and it going right thru my legs.. haha.. pretty funny though. i laughed anyway

I have thrown one in my own goal. Had a horrible pair of gloves that I bought for pure aesthetic reasons. It was rainy and muddy. I picked the ball up and went to throw it out. At the back of my wind up the ball slipped out of my hand and tucked itself into the back of the net. Mortifying that was. Threw those pair of gloves in the trash right a way. To this day I can't remember which gloves they were, I think I block it out.

lol classy invisibleman haha.. mines was going to collect a shot which was more like a pass back.. not going down all the way and it going right thru my legs.. haha.. pretty funny though. i laughed anyway

It sounds funny now, but it still gives me nightmares. Especially now I'm playing in Wellington which is a very windy city, I shit myself when the opposition keeper has the ball!

It sounds funny now' date=' but it still gives me nightmares. Especially now I'm playing in Wellington which is a very windy city, I shit myself when the opposition keeper has the ball!

[/quote']

mind you when we play on our 3g pitch i fear the same. very windy not great! but these mistakes are funny.. i never ever let it get me down!

Haha my worst mistake wouldnt be so bad as it actually sounds, we scored and then i was clapping to celebrate and went to rewrap my gloves, one came a little loose, and i next hear yelling. They kicked it from half field i didnt hear a whistle, nobody did. so i asked the side-line referee, and he said that there was no whistle. The goal was eventually removed by the association.

2 weeks ago we were playing our final 5aside league game, we had won the league and needed to win this game to finish not only unbeaten but to have won every single league game. Anyways we were winning 3-0 and my bro passed the ball back to me and I tried to be clever and pull out the Monk from Mean Machine....... though I missed the ball with my knee and watched the ball roll into the net!! To be honest I couldn't stop laughing purely because of the look on my brothers face.... wasn't amused!!! We still won and I scored after coming out of goal in the 2nd half!!

Oooo there are a few to choose from... apparently my worst is more common than I thought!

Let me set the scene.... Rainy and windy, roads closed around the country from tropical cyclone, water on the pitch and playing into serious breeze!

Other keeper hasn't kicked big all day long, decides late in the second half to monster one, it bounces about 5 meters outside the box (110m pitch) and carries on the full over my head and dips under the bar. WTF I thought as I stood between the spot and 6yd box and watched it. Have never lived it down haha but you have to laugh these ones off, we all make mistakes and you just have to learn from them :D

Tim

Welcome to the forum Tim, you're right, the absolute best thing you can do is find the funny side of it. 1 mistake doesn't make a player.

To quote a saying I keep hearing in Fifa 10 - "Form is temporary, class is permanent".

I caught a shot, being casual I placed the ball on my hip while holding it and it slipped right out. Thankfully one of my defenders was being slow and was behind me to prevent the own goal.

This probably wins it' date=' but conceding from the opposition goalkeeper when playing for my high school first 11 6 years ago. Playing against extreme wind, the keeper had a massive punt on him and one of his kicks sailed way into our half and over our defence. I came out too far and it took a ridiculous bounce up over me and I only succeeded in diving backwards and palming it into the goal.

6 years later still barely a day goes by when I don't think about it at some point. And my biggest fear in games is not a 1 on 1 or crosses or the normal goalkeeper concerns, but it's when the keeper has the ball in his hands and we're playing against the wind!

[/quote']

lol i shit myself when a player shoots from like 40-50 metres

• Upvote 1

lol i shit myself when a player shoots from like 40-50 metres

Then get your goalkeeping coach to do a few training sessions where he strikes shots at you from 40-50 metres. The more times you make comfortable saves from that distance, the more confident you will become. :P

My defender passed the ball back to me. I was planning to kick the ball across the pitch to one of the attackers, however, I missed the ball COMPLETELY and saw it roll into my goal!

Top make it all even better I hurt my knee terribly since I was going for a really hard kick, but the only thing I hit was air, hehe.

The striker was basicly on an impossible angle and basicly kicked it along the sideline. I went down to get it and it went thru my legs. Pissed me off to no end considering I played what could have been my worst game in the Final.

When I made my worst mistake I made my best match.It's strange but this is it.Well...We were tied after heard the whistle for end of the first half..We came out for the second half and it starts..One of their wing players centering the ball I went for it and the ball slipped through my fingers and the striker just kicked it in the net..We lost this match even I saved every shot in this game..

It wasn't a real game just a pick-up but there was a throw in close to the corner, it was a powerful throw so I came out pretty easy to get(so I thought)but it bounced in front of me, went right over my head and into the goal

I once scored an own goal after a corner

On a torrential rain afternoon on a bog of a pitch Leicester City , Filbert street. I got lobbed ,but it was a poor lob that I should of taken easy but my feet were stuck in the mud! as I dived up very late the ball hit the net as I dived in my socks! the mud was that bad my boots stayed in the mud and I lay there in my socks! LVOL!Both teams were laughing as I ranted out every swear word under the sun! Oh yeah, I'm 6.4 and hated getting lobbed. I once dived back and split my head open on the cross bar.

wow.. so many to choose from, not that i make loads but over the years i've made my fair share, i've had a few slip through my hands, missed a cross or two, but i think the most embarrasing had to be the own goal i scored, haveing come for one corner and fumbled it ( i would like to blame the sun at this point, but i can't, it was a dull november sunday morning ), sparking an almighty goalmouth scramble, the resulting corner was swung into the edge of the six yard box and like all good keepers not letting the prevous fumble put me off came charging out with a load shout "KEEPERS", only to completely miss the ball, and stand in disbelief as the ball hit me on the head and nestled nicely into the empty net.

Playing against Kings High School, Chester when I was about Year 9 or 10. Long ball was played through, my centre back got a flick header on the ball to make it easier for me to collect so the ball was simply rolling back to me, I took my eyes off it, went through my legs and the striker ran round me to tap into an empty net. Rediculous.