Sign in to follow this  
CFGK

Felt slow

Ever have one of those matches were your reactions just feel slow? I had one last night. Felt fine during warm ups and was pretty stoked for the match. But all my movements felt slow. We pulled a draw out of it 5-5, this is futsal, hence the high score. But really I gave up 3 soft goals. Positionally I was fine, distribution I was good, just pretty disappointed in my performance.

Last week I subbed for another team and even though we lost 4-2 I really had a good game.

Hopefully next week all is fine.

It's generally a mental thing, as the first time you think "I felt slow then" you then subconsciously try to over compensate and end up with "Damn, that felt slow too...." it can then snowball enough to take you out the game (mentally). There is little you can do during a game other than step up on the talking to hopefully focus your mind away from your sluggishness - at least on the plus side, your side didn't lose!

Thanks Bob,

This week was very different. Felt quick and my distribution was very good. Had a good match and just about kept a clean sheet. Which is very hard to do in futsal but I am determined to do it this year. We won our match 5-1. Our team is coming together slowly but I think we are going to make a good run at it.

Dude, just a week ago i felt the same problem, except we lost 5-4, both of us keeper talked about it after the game and we both felt like that.