Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

Ben Foster

I watched match of the day last night and as soon as I saw the mistake from ben Foster on the back pass in the first half you just knew it wasn't going to be his day. I really feel sorry for Ben as he showed so much promise before he went to ManUtd but since leaving he just doesn't look confident at all. Hope he turns it round as he is definately a tallented keeper

I agree. He is a really talented goalkeeper but he has been making a few mistakes lately. Overall this season i think he has done well at Birmingham (especially the Chelsea game) and if he can sort the silly mistakes out he will go on to be a world class keeper and hopefully England number 1.

Ben has been one of the best keepers in the league all season, makes a mistake and suddenly he is crap again.

Where did I say he was crap? If you read my post I just said he looks lacking in confidence but is a very talented keeper.

I never said he was crap either.. lets be honest though, the west ham game he should of saved both goals but he also made a couple of decent stops to keep birmingham in the tie. If he can cut those mistakes out and get his confidence back he can go right to the top.

Maybe I should worded it differently. From what I have seen of him this season he has IN MY OPINION lacked confidence. Does that sit better with you? If these threads do your head in then why bother posting?

I've watched Ben Foster since he was on loan at Watford and i had been dying for alex ferguson to give him his chance at Utd, i remember his league debut for united away at derby and he was amazing and he got his chance at the start of last season and lets face it he blew it big time. He made big mistakes against chelsea, man city, arsenal and sunderland and i just couldn't believe it. He was so good at Watford and in the cup games he'd played for united, especially the carling cup final against spurs, that was his big chance to be number 1 at united for many years to come but he blew it. He has played well at birmingham but is he good enough to play at the highest level (champions league, challenging for the title)? I think what happened at united has maybe affected him mentally? At the moment he's a good premier league keeper but will he be one of the greats? i dont know?

Ben Foster today in the Carling Cup Final was fantastic, made some great saves and came up big when needed.

Was glad when he got MotM today, well deserved!

• Upvote 1