Sign in to follow this  
GoalTender

Andy Gray sacked by Sky

From the Guardian newspaper -

Andy Gray, the Sky Sports presenter at the centre of a sexism storm following derogatory comments about a female official, has been sacked by the broadcaster in response to "new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour".

Sky Sports' managing director Barney Francis, who yesterday disciplined both Gray and Richard Keys for their comments, said he had "no hesitation" in summarily terminating Gray's contract. (full story here)

If you didn't see him in action, vids below -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JxxlUUhc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cS8OkAiXCI

I don't agree with the decision to sack him (as it was motivated to appease the masses rather than based on fair judgement). That said, he never stood a chance with the reaction and press coverage.

I think its a bit unfair cause it wasn't intended for anyone to hear, it was a joke between him and a colleague, however i thinks its right he's been made a example of cause women get abused a lot in football, for example womens football doesn't get the same sorta funding as the mens, well no where near tbh. But overall its also out of order on the lineswomen, she had a good game, and andy gray jumped to conclusions.

I think that he shouldn't have got sacked. He wasn't being rude, just eyeing up a hottie. All men do this and do they get sacked? Nope! He was just having a joke with a colleague!

Poor guy.

I think that he shouldn't have got sacked. He wasn't being rude, just eyeing up a hottie. All men do this and do they get sacked? Nope! He was just having a joke with a colleague!

Poor guy.

he got sacked for taking the mick outta a female lino, saying she doesn't know the offside rule and its a joke that females are working in football!

I dont see the problem with a femal lino or even a femal ref.... why not??? we aint all dragging our knuckles anymore.... Women like football sometime.... and the ones that do offten talk more sense than the blokes!!! I feel Gray was rightly made an example of!!! What a comlete idiot..... they gave him just enough rope for him to hang himself!!!!