Steve Harper (in my opinion) deserves an England call up. He' been number 2 at Newcastle for years but he's worked hard and been patient over the yrs and finally he's playing 1st team football and he's proving in the premier league what a reliable keeper he is. Hardly ever has a bad game and i think he's well worth an England cap. I know he's getting on a bit but he deserves a cap for being a true professional and he's obviously a good keeper.

sorry I couldn't disagree more with you there. There are far more deserving keepers than harper for a cap. IMO he's a good number 2 but I personally don't rate him.

I think he is better then david james and robert green but I dont think he deserves it as much as joe hart I think he should be the number one right now

Joe Hart should no doubt be our number 1 but i'm just saying maybe in a friendly, give him 45mins? at least give him a call up. Kevin Davies played a couple of months ago, do think he should start for England?? Three keepers should be Hart, Foster and Harper. I bet Hart an Foster could learn a bit from Harper in training from all his experience.

Joe Hart should no doubt be our number 1 but i'm just saying maybe in a friendly, give him 45mins? at least give him a call up. Kevin Davies played a couple of months ago, do think he should start for England?? Three keepers should be Hart, Foster and Harper. I bet Hart an Foster could learn a bit from Harper in training from all his experience.

All his experience?? Of what??? Training and reserve games??

He has played in 99 premiership games, 45 in the Championship, 24 in the old div 1, 1 in the old div 2, 15 in the old div3 and 12 in the conference. Hardly a wealth of top level experience there. Sorry but I think it would be harper who learns from the youngsters who have after all played In Internationals and Champions league/ europa league and higher profile/ pressure games

Ok, good point but he's been around along time, trained with some good coaches, i bet he's learn't alot over the yrs and he HAS played in the champions league. I'm not saying he should be our number but he should be in the squad. Excluding Hart, Foster and Robinson (who's retired from international football) there's no other english keeper playing as well as him. Scott Carson has been dropped, Rob Green has not been the same since the world cup and Kirkland has also been dropped.

Ok, good point but he's been around along time, trained with some good coaches, i bet he's learn't alot over the yrs and he HAS played in the champions league. I'm not saying he should be our number but he should be in the squad. Excluding Hart, Foster and Robinson (who's retired from international football) there's no other english keeper playing as well as him. Scott Carson has been dropped, Rob Green has not been the same since the world cup and Kirkland has also been dropped.

Steve Harper (in my opinion) deserves an England call up. He' been number 2 at Newcastle for years but he's worked hard and been patient over the yrs and finally he's playing 1st team football and he's proving in the premier league what a reliable keeper he is. Hardly ever has a bad game and i think he's well worth an England cap. I know he's getting on a bit but he deserves a cap for being a true professional and he's obviously a good keeper.

Craig Gordon!!!! WHAT??? madness!!!!Joe Hart is clearly the man for the job.... Should Harper be in the squad..... I dont think so to be fair.... Keep the young keepers interested!!!!

I'm not saying steve harper should be no.1 for england. All i'm saying is he could be called up to the squad for a friendly and maybe get a run out. Joe Hart is our no.1 and so he should be. Just read this morning that Ben Foster has pulled out of the squad due to injury.. this would be an idea opportunity for Harper to be in the squad and have a chance of playing for england but Capello has picked Rob Green????!!!! Why pick Rob Green when West Ham are bottom of the league and he's not exactly having a great season not to mention that USA game!!!!

I'm not saying steve harper should be no.1 for england. All i'm saying is he could be called up to the squad for a friendly and maybe get a run out. Joe Hart is our no.1 and so he should be. Just read this morning that Ben Foster has pulled out of the squad due to injury.. this would be an idea opportunity for Harper to be in the squad and have a chance of playing for england but Capello has picked Rob Green????!!!! Why pick Rob Green when West Ham are bottom of the league and he's not exactly having a great season not to mention that USA game!!!!

Will you stop going on about Harper.... HE IS TOO OLD.

I think you feel sorry for him

Is he a relation?

He is definately too small

Did you know Harper is only 5 ft 9"?

Thats small for a keeper.

I bet your a small kepper thats why you keep going on about him.

I'm related to him.. he's my mother's uncle's cousin's nephew's neice's brother-in-law.. and there's no way on he's 5ft 9.

Anybody who knows anything about football knows that in that situation the player facing away from his goal should be the one to take command.

So yes.... he bottled it!

The poor quality of premiership goalkeepers showed this weekend..... how many goals conceaded.