Rob green is a class act though. He works really well under pressure. He's a rock. And he has that special something. He's one to watch. Joe just lacks that extra something that I think rob has... But joes time will come.

MARTI before you post something get your facts straight. Steve harper is 6 foot 2. That is fairly average for a keeper in england

I think it was phild83 who said he was short not I. You're gonna get plenty of people on here who only have a shallow knowledge of football. I've been coaching now for 5 years and have crossed paths with some of the footballers you are speaking about.

It's ok for people like phild83 to make all these wild claims but he doesn't understand what the game is really all about. It's a different world in top level football than amateurs could ever realise.

No Doubt Harper is Reliable but just not the right choice for England.... Height doesnt matter either.... Casillas is one of the best in the world.... Hardly a giant is he????

Ok guys I'm off... You lot are not intelligent enough to discuss football with someone of my level... I've found a more professional goalie site with proper goalies on it... They've accepted me as a super senior member. So long old ladies....

i kind of get an outside view of things here because im not english and therefore have no real biased towards any keeper. but being honest, i can count at least 14 keepers in the premiership i rate higher than harper. and thats not including kingson, who played in a world cup quarter final. i just dont think harper is all that great. i think hes actually average at best, and i might even have tim krul starting ahead of him.

I follow Newcastle close and watching them play after Harper came back from injury they seemed to play with more confidence like they were more confident in him rather then krul. I think Harper is incomparably better

i dunno. i just think he isnt good enough. especially not for a club like newcastle. what ye need is shay-z back.

theres just something about the first everton goal at the weekend. it annoys me because at premiership standard i thin it should be saved. skip to 1min45secs

My link

I can see the argument for Steve Harper getting an England call up. Do i think hes a top class goalkeeper like the great dane, van der sa or david seaman. No i dont. But he is a good goalkeeper and seems very consistant. I think Joe Hart and Foster are both better but i think Harper could put up an argument for being picked infront of Carson, Green and Kirkland who have all played for England but are suffering from poor form this season.

Also one recent goalkeeper who i thought was over rated and won a lot of caps was Paul Robinson. Always thought David James was a better keeper, I know there were better keepers around at the time but for Robinson to get more caps than Nigel Martyn is criminal.

However mentioned Craig Gordon earlier needs to get on the comedy circuit. Thank god hes scottish because he wouldnt get in the England National C team.

• Upvote 1