Goalkeeper Talk: which gloves should i get for astroturf? - Goalkeeper Talk

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

which gloves should i get for astroturf?

User is offline   Mattias 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Glove of Choiceuhlsport
Hey guys,I have been playing football since I was 7 years old (now 15) and I have always played on the astroturf with gloves suitable for soft ground, the latex always worn down after just a few games. Now I wonder if you have any tips on gloves with good durability. The gloves will be used as matchgloves so i need a glove with good durability but still with a decent grip. Thankfull for any tips and thoughts

User is offline   roms_schmeichel15 

• PipPip
  • LocationBandung, West Java
  • Glove of ChoiceLotto HIS-T
actualy, i have no idea..
but if you looking for a good durability and grip, there are many gloves you can try and the price absolutely expensive..
maybe you can try for nike tiempo match..
i used this gloves, good in gripping, light in weight, and also quite good in durability..
personaly, i realy satisfied with this gloves gripping..

User is offline   Giroday 

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationNanaimo
  • Glove of ChoiceKeeper ID
I think any one of these would do

http://www.just-keepers.com/K9805.html

http://www.just-keepers.com/0952.html

and I heard almost all Reusch gloves are great for artificial fields/hardground

• PipPip
well i bought the UHLSPORT Fangmaschine Hardground gloves but the grip was terrible so i only use them for training sessions.

I'm looking for a glove with better grip but still having a decent durability

User is online   Catfish 

• Administrator
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • 2014-15 Conceded:14 (15 matches)
  • LocationVantaa, Finland
I might get some laughs for this but, as far as durability goes with respectable grip, the Reebok graphite is probably one of the best I have used on astro/indoors pitches. Yes they are extremely inexpensive, but I really like them. I had no qualms about using them during matches and did so on many occasions.
Posted Image

Adidas's graphite palms are also a good quality latex with good grip.

I would say another issue to look at is your technique. If you land on your palms or push off them to get up you will shorten the life span by a large factor. It may sound small but only pick up balls or a water bottle with your gloves on. Don't pick up your kit bag or hang on the net. Those small things will also reduce the life span of your gloves.

• PipPip
where can I find them online?

User is online   Catfish 

• Administrator
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • 2014-15 Conceded:14 (15 matches)
  • LocationVantaa, Finland

View PostMattias, on 07 February 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

where can I find them online?

Last year I bought 2 pairs off ebay. Not sure if they are available on the regular keeper sites. And if you don't like them then you are not out much money at all and can use them for training. One thing I did do with them however was to remove the finger protection.

User is offline   Jamie B 

• PipPipPip
I use the 10 quid Bramics when i play. You do get 'some' wear but it's minimal. I've played over 15 games on one pair.

Less than a quid a game the gloves have cost me and there's still life left in them :D

User is offline   fraserb 

• Troll Hunter
  • Group: Moderators
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
    JC has crusty sheets
  • 2014-15 Conceded:Too many
  • LocationPatrolling the 18 yard box
  • Glove of ChoiceFLine
Gloves such as the Uhlsport hardground gloves always sacrifice grip for durability. Sells robusto latex is quite a good gripping durable latex. Selsport Wrappa titanium are another good one and I believe Zapkam do a similar one. Failing that why not just use the cheaper ones such as the bramics that have been mentioned?
Need Gloves?

FLine

www.f-linegk.co.uk

• PipPip
Thank you for all the responses

I'm wondering if i should get a pair of Puma PowerCat 2.10 Protect GC gloves instead what do you guys think ?

http://www.just-keep...m/04060110.html

User is offline   csdesigns 

• PipPipPip
  • Glove of ChoiceAdidas FS Wet Grip
I bought the 2009 Puma equivalent (V-Cat RC, same price roughly) of that glove for indoor play on turf... was not overly impressed. The grip was good (better than most in this price range) and the spines were very flexible. But durability wasn't anything to write home about. I got maybe one or two more matches of play out of those gloves than I normally would before the palm began to really disintegrate (though admittedly, I am very rough on gloves as I slide a lot in indoors [much more so than most others I see out there] and I use my left hand to stop and pivot when I need to get up). I have since just been buying much better gloves that last longer and offer better grip, even if I have to pay 2x as much.

User is offline   dackyl 

• PipPip
  • Glove of Choicewarbygk and bramic
don't bother with hardground gloves the gripping porperties are generally shocking, best off with a cheap glove like bramic's range or even some cheap nikes with magic gloves underneath for abit of thickness/cushioning and wearing those out every few months, you're better off with grip than ending up with a glove that lasts but can't catch a wet fish with. I used selsport absorb abrasion gloves for half a season on astroturf 3 times a week, roughly 2 hours of gaming each day and they're still usable just lack any grip even from first use, as a result mosat shots had to be parried, tipped or taken in my arms rather than diving to catch a shot. hope my mistake helps anyone thinking about abrasion resistant gloves!

User is offline   JC53 

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
    Does pre-season count?
  • 2014-15 Conceded:Pfft, past is irrelevant...
  • LocationEngland
  • Glove of ChoiceMG-GK
I just recommend a cheap glove. Cheap gloves often do have durability, and as silly as it sounds, will last longer if you look after them, whereas others will get ripped to bits before you've finished 90 minutes. Hard ground gloves, as stated above, have little to no grip, you don't wanna spend too much, so get a bottom-range glove in the brand you like.

User is offline   Scott 

• PipPip
  • LocationPlymouth
  • Glove of ChoiceWarbyGK
I, as a rule, tend to buy pretty cheap gloves if I'm facing a spell on astro. I've got a pair of Adidas Fingersave's that I use for astro/indoor (well, they were my everything-glove, but I've bought some WarbyGK gloves for grass/training), and I've had them since... January, I think, and they're still holding up fine.

Biggest thing is if you're really planning to catch that much. If all you care about is stopping the ball, with catching being a bonus, then just get some gloves that will do the job, but are cheap.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users