who is your favorite gk overall of all time?

mine is definitely ochoa.

I have 2, Peter Schmeichel and David Seaman. 2 keepers who in their prime made it look easy, they never made the simple things look difficult (which is what I think a lot of modern day keepers do) and they made the difficult things look simple. Neither were flashy or over the top but both had huge presences and were consistent in giving a high standard of performance. They were both proper goalkeepers and it was a joy to see them both competing in the premiership.

• Upvote 1

My personal Best GK of all times are Peter Schmeichel and Oliver Kahn. Absolutely Nobody Ive seen comes close to them 2. In the current game although he has had a few injuries etc it is Gianluigi Buffon for if nothing else his positioning.

Zaff

i could list a few hundred, but ill stick to 3:

1) the great dane peter schmeichel. grew up watching him dominate teams in the premiership. a joy to watch.

2) shay given. im irish and the amount of goals this legend has saved us is unreal. for newcastle he was unbeatable, and for us he is magnificant

3) jussi jaaskelainen. possibly the most underrated keeper in the premiership. he has always been one of my favourites. considering the defense hes always had in front of him, he makes some terrific saves

My favourite was Mark Bosnich when he was at Villa. On his day he was unbeatable and because of that Man United bought him to replace Schmichel......just a shame his career went the way it did

always liked the forgotten England Goalkeeper that was Chris Woods. Just a real shame the way his career fell apart at the end. Always liked Shilton and Grobbelaar

Edwin Van Der Sar, im a huge Holland fan and Man U fan, hes saved us many many times, also the long forgotten Japanese keeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi

When I grew up there was only one keeper I wanted to be... Schmeichel.

Some of the saves he made were just outstanding and really proved that you need a world class keeper to win trophies consistently!

Other keeper I enjoy watching is Shay Given, awesome keeper who I hope leaves Shitty and joins a club that will use him as a #1.

• Upvote 1

I was always a fan of Antti Niemi. Always pulled off outstanding saves. And of course like many others have said, Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar.

• Upvote 1

My personal favorites are one Peter Schmeichel and Lev Yashin. If you guys have never seen Yashin play he played for the CCCP team in the 1950's. Everyone was sure he had wings. Check him out sometime.

Jens Lehmann :) As shown in my name.

I say this because he is definitely one of the most eccentric and entertaining goalkeepers to watch ever in history. Plus, he isn't only all show and no go. He wouldn't have gotten 70+ caps for germany and 200 appearances with Arsenal plus 2 european goalkeeper of the year awards if he wasn't that good.