Sign in to follow this  
algis123

another question :)

Hi,

Do i have to push of with my leg before i dive, EXAMPLE:

if i dive left, do i push of with my right leg and then dive with my left?

Also in a dive is it better to land on your shoulder rather than your hip?

Thanks..

Hello,

To anser ur push for a dive question, it is the opposite of wat u stated meaning if ur diving to ur right push with ur right n vice versa....

About the landing, again try to land on ur whole body spread out bt to be more specific u do land on ur shoulder b4 ur hip because of the shape ur body will do during a dive....this is concerning a low dive.....in high dives try to turn urself mid air to land in a way that u will be able to roll or land in a position were u land on ur stomach, with ur hands supporting u...

Cheees!!

again when you fall .. try to fall on the side of your arm .. not on your shoulder as that may hurt it ..

My GK coach a while back told me to twist slightly so you land on your back/ribs. It takes pressure off your shoulders.

So when you take the ball and fall, land so your arms are free infront of you

My GK coach a while back told me to twist slightly so you land on your back/ribs. It takes pressure off your shoulders.

So when you take the ball and fall, land so your arms are free infront of you

sry mate but that guy is an ahole .. landing on your ribs ? omg that can kill you !

imagine if you're playing on a hard ground .. and you land on your ribs .. one of them may get broken .. or even worse. .it may stop you from breathing !

Yeah, I've always been told to take the ball and catch it and land on your side, rather than flap it and land on your chest.

If you land on your ribs, well it will wind you at the very least, but it could stop you breathing as VV1 said.

Now twisting isn't necessarily a bad thing if you cushion your fall with your hands, that will cushion your fall on hard ground, but can damage your glove pretty badly. I often do this when I'm doing a worldie... they're great fun :D

Yeah, I've always been told to take the ball and catch it and land on your side, rather than flap it and land on your chest.

If you land on your ribs, well it will wind you at the very least, but it could stop you breathing as VV1 said.

Now twisting isn't necessarily a bad thing if you cushion your fall with your hands, that will cushion your fall on hard ground, but can damage your glove pretty badly. I often do this when I'm doing a worldie... they're great fun :D

some guy once told me ' if you want to roll on ground without ripping your gloves' latex , close your fist while rolling .. or if youu have the ball in your hands .. stick to it pretty well . " i never actually tried it as i do the best to avoid rolling .. as it looks so unprofessional

some guy once told me ' if you want to roll on ground without ripping your gloves' latex , close your fist while rolling .. or if youu have the ball in your hands .. stick to it pretty well . " i never actually tried it as i do the best to avoid rolling .. as it looks so unprofessional

It does look unprofessional, but if it's comfortable, it's comfortable. I'd rather look safer than cooler (although worldies are cool, and I must admit to having done them in the past despite it being unsafe on hard ground)

That's a good pointer, although you have to be careful, if you smash your wrist knuckle-first onto the ground you're in big trouble. On top of that if you push up with the fist of your gloves, you'll not wear your gloves.

I explained that wrong, not like fully smash your ribs with a lung puncturing body shattering fall, just twist a little so you take the pressure off your elbows and shoulder :D

If you don't hear from me for a while, i've landed on my ribs ;)

I explained that wrong, not like fully smash your ribs with a lung puncturing body shattering fall, just twist a little so you take the pressure off your elbows and shoulder :D

If you don't hear from me for a while, i've landed on my ribs ;)

Haha, lovely description there ;)

I have landed on my body, but on the hard ground I play on, it does hurt after a while ;)

well i have had a SERIOUS wound in my elbow .. lots of blood :s but i was playing on one hard-arsee ground .. man it felt like falling on stones .. but you know ... perfect goalkeepers dont land on their elbows , or their shoulder .. perfect goalkeepers grow a good bicep,tricep muscle and land on it :P

Haha, alot of keepers have beer bellies, but they learn to just land on their side, I think that's the general idea