Sign in to follow this  
GK evans

:( training review

im 15 and im trying to join my local team theres 2 teams but ive been to training 3 times and yesterday was the 3rd time and i didnt play that well and the manager said there still looking at me and dont know yet so im kinda upset and low on confidence any advice

It's all about mental strength mate. You need to have mental strength or you have no chance.

Basically, you have to shrug it off, and ask yourself the simple question, can you do better?

If you can, then before his next training session you need to think of what went wrong.

Was it nerves? There's things you can do. Was it technique? Are you low on fitness? Is there anything at all affecting your game? If there was nothing, it may have been nerves. There's a few topics to help with that, but I know it's really difficult starting a new team :/

Good advice Jacl!!

Just want to add, dont get down, it is difficult joining a new tea,. But dont over analyse. One thing you cant practice at is 'experience' which any adult keeper sin the team may already have. As they have been in the situation before they know exactly what to do.

Another option is to join a team at the bottom, they lose more than they win, they are looking for a keeper. That way they will welcome you into the team, you can learn a lot as you will be getting plenty of practice. Also if they needed a keeper they will be thankful of having you and wont moan at any mistakes.

Just a thought.

i guess im low fitness i only play football like once a week but before i went to training i felt like i couldnt be bothered playing and i dont know if this is anything but my boots i put them up and it makes my toe's bend. i useually deliver a decent performance but yesterday i didnt realy

i guess im low fitness i only play football like once a week but before i went to training i felt like i couldnt be bothered playing and i dont know if this is anything but my boots i put them up and it makes my toe's bend. i useually deliver a decent performance but yesterday i didnt realy

Think of it like this, to every con there is a bigger pro.

I was and am low on fitness cause of the break, but I joined the gym, that's gonna help me build muscle, lose any excess fat, and my parents are paying for it, but it's not expensive really and these people can help you more than most others.

Maybe if you can't be bothered, it's concentration, did you do anything else that day? On Thursday I had played twice and I was pooped for training, I was much worse.

Maybe buy some cheap boots off eBay just to see the difference, I always get my stuff off eBay as it's cheaper for good quality, if you got some other boots you could see if there's a difference in the way both pairs of boots work.

They said they're still looking at you, maybe you've put on a bad performance, and it's negative of course, but they're still looking at you, you can just deliver more next week and they'll be more impressed. Think of it like toast, if you've had to eat a really burnt slice for breakfast and it's vile, and the next day you have a wonderful slice, it's like heaven in your mouth, you think of that as better. Well you are the toast to this team :)

Just don't get down and keep trying, I was bad on Thursday, but I've been thrown into a tournament as number 1 next Wednesday, I'm gonna try and be better for that.

ok do you think running every day will help me?

It depends what you wanna be doing. I mean, running will help your endurance a great deal, but don't overdo it.

Goalkeepers want to be somewhat explosive, be able to tap into alot of strength for a short space of time if they need to. If you want to run, maybe you could jog or run for some time, then sprint for about 20 seconds, just an idea.

At the gym, I'm on the bike for say 90 seconds on a not too difficult level, then for 30 seconds I turn it up to a really difficult level and try and go quickly. You can incorporate it into almost any exercise you want to do.