Sign in to follow this  
V.V.1

too late to be pro ?

hello guys , im 15 years old .. born in uk but livin in egypt

im quite tall .. and quite talented too ... my friends critize me alot .. but i believe am good .. i made saves no other goalkeeper in my town would make

i will go to england when im 16 and a half * when i finish my school year * .. i train 3 days a week and im ready to train more. . i have pretty nice goalkeeping coach but i dont play for a club ..

so is it too late to become pro ? if it's not

then where should i go when go to england ? what can i do to dig my way to the stars ? big clubs trials ? like arsenal or chelsea * i will be in london *

or should i contact someone specific ? thanks for all the answers guys

oh and btw. . im willing to do anything to become pro .. anything ..

and is there specific trainings that i can do alone or with a friend that can really affect my performance ? we have a beach in our town .. so any specific trainings i can do solo or duo ?

Its not about age, its about ability when talking about becoming a professional. If your good enough, your good enough and you would get noticed. It is rare these days but Stuart Pearce was playing non league at the age of 23 or 24 and a couple of years later was playing for the national team

Agree with Zod, it's never too late, I started playing football in August 2010, and you know what? April I was invited to trials at Coventry City and Peterborough United, both Championship teams (although Posh were league 1 at the time).

Just do your best to get noticed, join a professional coaching school, there are so many of them about.

My dad has a mate living in Spain called Ignacio that I always talk football about. He was telling me about a friend of his who moved from Brazil, then first played with a football at 23, then by 25 he was in the Spanish Segunda League.

Good luck to you mate!

I have played with some players who played county league in England then go to Malta and get paid for playing over there, also played against someone at county level who went to Canada to play

I have played with some players who played county league in England then go to Malta and get paid for playing over there, also played against someone at county level who went to Canada to play

Nice. Unless you're getting paid major bucks I don't see the point, but then I suppose it's easier to go over there and play at a lower standard of football.

okay guys thanks for all the answers :) any ideas what should i do when i go to england ? should i join a specific team trials ? or just go to a nice football school ?

Exactly, I attend a team twice a week, have an academy once a week, I'm getting more goalkeeping in. When you do your best but don't make it, you can leave with your head held high.

I have high hopes for Jack. This young race horse is going to be a champion stallion! Then hes gonna look after this old boy and pay for my gambling addiction. God bless jack!!!!

I have high hopes for Jack. This young race horse is going to be a champion stallion! Then hes gonna look after this old boy and pay for my gambling addiction. God bless jack!!!!

If that's the case, then I'll be expecting a free glove sponsorship, then you'll see a return in your investment as I bring in the money for your retirement home and gambling addiction ;)

I feel honoured that a seasoned veteran such as yourself has high hopes for me :D

Jack i will see if i can pull some strings regarding the gloves. ;)

although im not in the field of making and selling my own branded gloves, i have in the past purchased gloves in bulk to sell on individually.

I will sort you out some Puma Power cats

Jack i will see if i can pull some strings regarding the gloves. ;)

although im not in the field of making and selling my own branded gloves, i have in the past purchased gloves in bulk to sell on individually.

I will sort you out some Puma Power cats

You being serious? Awesome :D

Will it cost me less than the normal retail price I'm hoping?

hello guys , im 15 years old .. born in uk but livin in egypt

im quite tall .. and quite talented too ... my friends critize me alot .. but i believe am good .. i made saves no other goalkeeper in my town would make

i will go to england when im 16 and a half * when i finish my school year * .. i train 3 days a week and im ready to train more. . i have pretty nice goalkeeping coach but i dont play for a club ..

so is it too late to become pro ? if it's not

then where should i go when go to england ? what can i do to dig my way to the stars ? big clubs trials ? like arsenal or chelsea * i will be in london *

or should i contact someone specific ? thanks for all the answers guys

oh and btw. . im willing to do anything to become pro .. anything ..

and is there specific trainings that i can do alone or with a friend that can really affect my performance ? we have a beach in our town .. so any specific trainings i can do solo or duo ?

Slow down buddy!!

Aim a little lower, there are plenty of good clubs round the london area, get yourself in a lower league side, Farnborough, Crawley, Barnet and brentford etc, get used to english football. Usually when it comes to lower clubs, around london they may play a higher league team in a pre-season friendly so there's a great chance to shine!

You can sign yourself up for FootballCV and things like that and get trials at plenty of different clubs with plenty of scouts watching.

Start low, aim high and you'll do well! If you try and get into a big side straight away, you'll get shoved down the football pyramid in a matter of seasons!

All the best!

thanks alot joker.. . my dad said i could join west ham trials when i go back to england .. anyway i will do my best to shine !

thanks alot joker.. . my dad said i could join west ham trials when i go back to england .. anyway i will do my best to shine !

Good on you mate!

All I will say is don't expect to get on board straight away. I may have previously said this but remember "no" in football actually means "not yet", plus if you take it that way they will secretly appreciate your character.

I could give you millions of tips about that, but I don't want to bore you, just act naturally and put your coaches face on any scouts there are.

Good on you mate!

All I will say is don't expect to get on board straight away. I may have previously said this but remember "no" in football actually means "not yet", plus if you take it that way they will secretly appreciate your character.

I could give you millions of tips about that, but I don't want to bore you, just act naturally and put your coaches face on any scouts there are.

please bore me :P im really aiming to be the best goalie in the world :P it may sound crazy .. and i may not be that good .. but i will seriously ******* myself to reach that goal !

Haha, okay mate! :)

Well I had trials at Coventry not too long ago, and I nearly got in, but for having been placed with the Over 20s basically.

There were loads of scouts, and you just have to be natural around them. They know a mentally strong person when they see one, so if you make a mistake and shrug it off, adjust your glove and move on, your favour will increase. They don't recommend this but if you slip in a casual mistake and then get back to being great, they will like you more than someone who makes one mistake over and over.

Remember that it's all about having fun, if you show them you are enjoying it they're more likely to think "he's committed, he'll never get bored of football". If there's someone who's overworking themselves or showing signs of being unhappy, they'll think "he's clearly not into the game of football".

I've already said put a friendly face on those watching you, act as if it's your normal coach, you'll be more natural around them.

Other than obviously showing signs of physical talent, stick-to-it-iveness, and mental strength *this one is a biggie, if you want more tips on this just ask*. You have to remember if you're not mentally strong, you can forget going professional, it may sound harsh, but it's extremely important. It's not just about shrugging off mistakes though, much more.

Don't start bumsucking them. This may sound a comical one, but you have to consider people know what the bumsucks are all about, and they aren't fooled by it. If you have someone of pure talent, and someone not so good, but who just bigs themselves up and bumsucks the scouts, they'll think "what a muff muncher". By all means talk well about yourself, but if you can back it up with facts or better, show them, they'll be more impressed.

I think that's about all when it comes to trials, other than the "do your best" comments which often are about as helpful knife made of chalk.

Jack you better make it as pro boy. Im running up a huge tab and spearment rhinos as im expecting you to pay the bill.

Jack you better make it as pro boy. Im running up a huge tab and spearment rhinos as im expecting you to pay the bill.

All I have to do is use my own advice and I'm half way there... the rest counts on my master, Zod. So, if I fail, it's all down to you if you think about it ;)

Hey, when I'm raking in a massive amount of money, like, £15 a game at Bourne Town (I know, may as well call me Rooney), then I will think about paying off your tab ;)

Haha, okay mate! :)

Well I had trials at Coventry not too long ago, and I nearly got in, but for having been placed with the Over 20s basically.

There were loads of scouts, and you just have to be natural around them. They know a mentally strong person when they see one, so if you make a mistake and shrug it off, adjust your glove and move on, your favour will increase. They don't recommend this but if you slip in a casual mistake and then get back to being great, they will like you more than someone who makes one mistake over and over.

Remember that it's all about having fun, if you show them you are enjoying it they're more likely to think "he's committed, he'll never get bored of football". If there's someone who's overworking themselves or showing signs of being unhappy, they'll think "he's clearly not into the game of football".

I've already said put a friendly face on those watching you, act as if it's your normal coach, you'll be more natural around them.

Other than obviously showing signs of physical talent, stick-to-it-iveness, and mental strength *this one is a biggie, if you want more tips on this just ask*. You have to remember if you're not mentally strong, you can forget going professional, it may sound harsh, but it's extremely important. It's not just about shrugging off mistakes though, much more.

Don't start bumsucking them. This may sound a comical one, but you have to consider people know what the bumsucks are all about, and they aren't fooled by it. If you have someone of pure talent, and someone not so good, but who just bigs themselves up and bumsucks the scouts, they'll think "what a muff muncher". By all means talk well about yourself, but if you can back it up with facts or better, show them, they'll be more impressed.

I think that's about all when it comes to trials, other than the "do your best" comments which often are about as helpful knife made of chalk.

:blink: :huh: :sleepy: You were right when you said you didn't want to bore him ;)

Bumsucking?! Pure filth!!

Hahaha, there are alot of tips there, I knew I'd get comments if I started out with that ;)

Yes! Although, I'm sure you know exactly which form of bumsucking I mean, not getting down on all fours, and... yeah ;)

Im severely unfit and have been pretty much all my life. I weigh about 135KG right now however i perform rather well.

I get told very often that i could turn pro if i lost about 40 kg's. I guess it would help my overall movement and speed.

However i never really took it seriously because im 23 years old at the moment, if i could still turn pro then that will definately give me the motivational to get rid of the keg!

Research has shown that it takes 10 000 hours of purposeful practice to excel at anything- and that includes goalkeeping.

So my advice is play as many games as possible, train as much as possible, find the best goalkeeping coach you can. Practice, practice, practice. Eat the right things. Stay fit. Write down your goals. Make sacrifices.

Football is harsh. Having the right attitude, confidence and mental toughness is essential. Talent alone is nowhere near good enough to make it professionally.

Also, get yourself known. Football is a very small world. Everyone knows everyone. By attending goalkeeping coaching camps, playing for a few teams (making sure they are "right" teams - every area has them!), getting a "connected" goalie coach and demonstrating a hard work ethic then will get you stand a good chance of getting noticed

eventually.

A tip that I always give my goalkeepers who attend trials with professional clubs is to make sure you stand out for the crowd, be different to everyone else, be memorable. So along with having "swagger" - which is a must, where something different to the rest. Stand out!

Anyway good luck in your quest, and back to your original question, it is not too late be be a pro but there are an awful lot of things that you need to do still.....,starting NOW!!!

Gavin

Research has shown that it takes 10 000 hours of purposeful practice to excel at anything- and that includes goalkeeping.

So my advice is play as many games as possible, train as much as possible, find the best goalkeeping coach you can. Practice, practice, practice. Eat the right things. Stay fit. Write down your goals. Make sacrifices.

Football is harsh. Having the right attitude, confidence and mental toughness is essential. Talent alone is nowhere near good enough to make it professionally.

Also, get yourself known. Football is a very small world. Everyone knows everyone. By attending goalkeeping coaching camps, playing for a few teams (making sure they are "right" teams - every area has them!), getting a "connected" goalie coach and demonstrating a hard work ethic then will get you stand a good chance of getting noticed

eventually.

A tip that I always give my goalkeepers who attend trials with professional clubs is to make sure you stand out for the crowd, be different to everyone else, be memorable. So along with having "swagger" - which is a must, where something different to the rest. Stand out!

Anyway good luck in your quest, and back to your original question, it is not too late be be a pro but there are an awful lot of things that you need to do still.....,starting NOW!!!

Gavin

thanks alot gavin .. i have been training DAILY and i will continue till i reach my goal .. i have some mistakes here and there but i am a pretty fine goalkeeper . and everybody tells me the same .. i have the power to control my defense line . and i am also known for my toughness in the field .. as i dont just think about injuries. . i just go in and what happens happens