I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on Allan Macgregor. I personally think he is one of the best keepers in Europe. IMO easily worth £10- £15 million given the fact Craig Gordon went for £9 million.

I have to disagree. For the simple fact he is not testing himself at the highest level. He should join a team in the premier league to really test himself. If shay given went for 3.5 million im sorry my mcgreggor is worth 1m tops. as for Craig Gordons 9m, there was a fiddle going on there. at least hes proved himself though, proved hes not worth 9m!

I have to disagree. For the simple fact he is not testing himself at the highest level. He should join a team in the premier league to really test himself. If shay given went for 3.5 million im sorry my mcgreggor is worth 1m tops. as for Craig Gordons 9m, there was a fiddle going on there. at least hes proved himself though, proved hes not worth 9m!

I was bewildered when Arsenal said they wanted him, I mean Craig Gordon? Yeah, keep Almunia as #1 while we're at it. Szczesny, Fabianski, Mannone and Almunia would all come above Gordon too were he to pop along.

McGregor I have never considered a really strong player, I mean the SPL isn't, as Zod says, where you cement yourself as a world class footballer.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. He has proved at European and international level he is a top keeper. If he was English or Italian you would all be raving about him. And as for given I'm sorry he's past it and was over rated when he was at his best

I can't believe what I'm reading here. He has proved at European and international level he is a top keeper. If he was English or Italian you would all be raving about him. And as for given I'm sorry he's past it and was over rated when he was at his best

im not knocking him so much, just saying he cant be considered the best when he plays in a weak league, needs to test himself at a better level. nationally has nothing to do with it. i could say the same about andy goram, would he been so invincible if he had played in a different league? he was born in england but im not biased towards him.

craig gordon, rab douglas and jim leighton. all played for scotland, latter two played in european cup finals but all got found out when playing in english football

mcgreggor may be great, just saying prove it. he cant do that in the spl playing for one of the old firm

I do rate McGregor, he does play well for Rangers week in week out but he ain't worth 10-15 million. He should move to Premier league and i'm sure he'd do well. He has proved he has ability in Europe especially on their way to the Europa league final a couple of yrs ago and in Champions league.I think Man Utd where interested in him wasn't they?? Shay Given is no way past it! He is just so consistant, never has a bad game whoever he plays for and he's Irish! not English or Italian. World class keeper.

I do rate McGregor, he does play well for Rangers week in week out but he ain't worth 10-15 million. He should move to Premier league and i'm sure he'd do well. He has proved he has ability in Europe especially on their way to the Europa league final a couple of yrs ago and in Champions league.I think Man Utd where interested in him wasn't they?? Shay Given is no way past it! He is just so consistant, never has a bad game whoever he plays for and he's Irish! not English or Italian. World class keeper.

So all of these clean sheets at International level, a clean sheet against Blackburn last night, his lightning reflexes, solid kicking and real partnership to rule any defence around is overrated?

If you're suggesting MacGregor is less overrated than Given, you've clearly been *given* alot of drugs!

International clean sheets? lol. I remember Tim Flowers playing for England, mainly in friendlies, never had anything to do.

I'd like to see an England side keep a clean sheet against Italy, whether the keeper had loads to do or not.

I'd like to see an England side keep a clean sheet against Italy, whether the keeper had loads to do or not.

England vs Italy 0-0 qualification match for the 1998 world cup. the game wa sin Italy too. David Seaman kept a clean sheet.

England vs Italy 0-0 qualification match for the 1998 world cup. the game wa sin Italy too. David Seaman kept a clean sheet.

David Seaman is an absolute hero, I'm talking post-2002!

Besides, England were quite good in 1998

in 1998 England had not qualifed for a world cup for 8 years

The 94 World Cup, I don't know what went wrong, but the majority of England ended up playing for Ireland anyway, who didn't do too badly. 4 years is a long time for a team to go good to crap. Leeds United went from bad to worse inside 4 years.

The 94 World Cup, I don't know what went wrong, but the majority of England ended up playing for Ireland anyway, who didn't do too badly. 4 years is a long time for a team to go good to crap. Leeds United went from bad to worse inside 4 years.

Jack are you talking out your back door? England players did go and play for Ireland because England didnt qualify and Ireland did.

Jack are you talking out your back door? England players did go and play for Ireland because England didnt qualify and Ireland did.

That's what I'm saying. They didn't qualify, so went to Ireland who did fairly well, so the players can't be all that bad.

Besides, when you say "in 8 years", that just means having qualified for one World Cup and not the next.

In 6 years England got to the Semi Final before a glaring error knocked them out, then in 2008 England couldn't even qualify for the Euros

You cant change who you play for once you played at full international level. anyone who played for ireland who could of played for england chose to play for ireland.

McGregor is world class. He has it all and could handle himself in any league around the world. You can see he loves Rangers FC so why would he want to move?

I play for a team in a sunday league, im world class. im one of the best keepers in the world. im worth £20m easy! Sure its not the best league in the world but i love my team 'The Red Cow' FC. We have won many trophies, i dont need to go to any other team to prove im the best.........................................

Now unless your playing at the top u cant be considered the best. McGreggor included. Good keeper, seems to be. But as discussed earlier, many keepers who have looked great in scotland have looked poor in other leagues. The teams in the SPL besides the old firm are very poor in quality, hes not being tested at all.

It's true, lets be honest, when was the last time anyone saw a bigger than two-way title race. Hearts have come closest but they're no threat at all, it's basically a league where 18 teams helps two to win.

If you're playing at United and you can deal with Messi, that's alot better than being at Rangers and being able to deal with whoever the hell Hamilton have as a striker.

Well that's even worse then, 10 other teams helping one of two to win, that's awful.

and yeah, but last season I'm on about, why the need to be so pedantic?

i think alot of these comment's are harsh. Allan McGregor could walk into the premier league, maybe not play for any of the top four. but i would back him to keep 1# spot for 10 of the Premier league clubs.

Nope he couldnt. Rab Douglas, scotlands number 1 keeper struggled in the championship. He was playing for celtic. Jim leighton, scotlands number 1, joined manchester united and he struggled, lost his place to Les Sealey. Craig Gordon, scotlands number 1, record transfer to sunderland, he has and continues to struggle in englands top flight. McGregor would struggle, however if he took the chance to est himself and join the premier league i would respect him a lot more.