Off-topic from Goalkeepers, but Craig Mackail-Smith, the man who I've watched on countless occasions at London Road last season. I don't know how well he'll get on at Brighton, he's moved for money (so my respect for him has gone down), but I think he didn't go to the Premier League because there's no way he'd be the player he was in League 1. This is relative cause Macca has played 15 minutes and had 1 touch for Scotland ;)

McGergor at fault for denmarks goal tonight

That was poor goalkeeping, didnt get anything on it, you would expect a 'world class' keeper to come and catch that. You would expect a very good keeper to get something on it, i mean a punch or to tip it behind. But to take a few steps forward and miss it completely didnt look good at all.

MOS said that hes world class in an earlier post. He may look it against the poor teams in the SPL. But even against Denmark he looked way out of his depth.

If he was to move to the premier league (if anyone wanted him) he would improve. Well he would have too.

That is poor goalkeeping, no sense of anything there, don't know what was up with his positioning, his collection of the ball was non-existent, I could have saved the second one?! Not the first one were I in his positioning, but then, his position was terrible

Coming from Scotland and watching SPL every week I have to say McGregor is by far the best keeper up here. I also watch the EPL every week and have to say he would hold his own down there. World class? I dont think so. I think his level would be at a club like Bolton or Wigan or Newcastle. He would need to prove himself with one of them clubs before any of the top 5 would touch him

Coming from Scotland and watching SPL every week I have to say McGregor is by far the best keeper up here. I also watch the EPL every week and have to say he would hold his own down there. World class? I dont think so. I think his level would be at a club like Bolton or Wigan or Newcastle. He would need to prove himself with one of them clubs before any of the top 5 would touch him

See Sev thats what i like, an honest resonable opinion. Others claimed he was world class, but he needs to test himself at a higher level with more competition if he wants to improve. But i can understand why he would want to stay at rangers, succeesful team in scotland.

I don't see why Scottish teams couldn't be allowed in England, Welsh ones are, unless it's a case of whether they don't want to cause they love mauling little teams every season...

If celtic and rangers left the spl it would kill off the scottish league. The welsh league is part time. I think cardiff, swansea and wrexham its a little different. all to do with when the leagues were formed i think. I think the league cup (to keep interest in it) should include the top teams from scotland, maybe invire some from n.ireland. just to make it more interesting

It would be interesting to see how Championship teams would do against these other teams.

Peterborough United beat Stevenage in the first round, after a win at Crystal Palace, you know what this means? Last time took us till March to get an away win, we have one this season already, and our first home win where last time it took us 8 games. Just thought I'd share that ;)

If celtic and rangers left the spl it would kill off the scottish league. The welsh league is part time. I think cardiff, swansea and wrexham its a little different. all to do with when the leagues were formed i think. I think the league cup (to keep interest in it) should include the top teams from scotland, maybe invire some from n.ireland. just to make it more interesting

Funny you guys are talking about this. Celtic and Rangers want to move to England but England dont want them. Simple as that. They dont need them.

If the Old Firm did leave Scottish football, i dont think it would kill off scottish football as all the other teams pretty much run on low budgets just like Northern Irish leagues etc. They would survive on what they have and the league proabably would be a bit more competitive( although i wouldnt say entertaining). These teams depend on the old firms gate receipts etc to compete as much as they can and are running up so much dect they will probably kill themselves off before celtic and rangers leave. With no old firm it would mean smaller budgets, smaller ticket prices etc and i think that would help them because up at the moment the state of the scotiish game is dire

All keepers make mistakes. He made two good stops after the goal. Show's he can pick himself up after a mistake and not let it affect him. He aint world class but i think he would do well in England.

There's no way Rangers and Celtic shud play in England. Remember Uefa cup final in 2008 when ranger's fans attacked manchester?? There'd be too much trouble.

All keepers make mistakes. He made two good stops after the goal. Show's he can pick himself up after a mistake and not let it affect him. He aint world class but i think he would do well in England.

There's no way Rangers and Celtic shud play in England. Remember Uefa cup final in 2008 when ranger's fans attacked manchester?? There'd be too much trouble.

ah yes thats a good point about the violent scottish. wouldnt want them coming into england, say manachester or london and giving the peaceful english a bad name by causing trouple ;)

I'm sensing a tiny amount of sarcasm in that comment ;)

England are so peaceful, when Posh beat Palace and Palace were on their way back home, I made a 2-1 sign at them and they were screaming "WANKER!" and doing that naughty sign at me... not the most peaceful crowd.

From watching the news and reading the newspapers, most of the thugs aint English, probably born in England but not English.

I don't think it's a racial issue, however those with different ethnic backgrounds seem more prone to join in with it, which doesn't surprise me at all (without sounding racist)

I'm sure there are many nationalities including English involved in the current riots. These people are just hell bent on causing mayhem

You can see that by looking at their donnay tracksuits, I bet the only other time they wore them was on Jeremy Kyle ;)

You can see that by looking at their donnay tracksuits, I bet the only other time they wore them was on Jeremy Kyle ;)

Actually had a wee chuckle to myself there :lol: . Scotland is full of them <_<

Believe me, England is too! Ever looked at a Man U home crowd?

Allan mcgregor is a Top player in europe. Although he doesnt play in a very good league he does fantasticly well in the continental cups and internationaly for scotland like aghainst spain for example. He is a rangers fan through and through so he would never leave rangers but i can see why youse say he cant be considerd the best in europe because of his league. Moan the SHAGGER !!!

Allan mcgregor is a Top player in europe. Although he doesnt play in a very good league he does fantasticly well in the continental cups and internationaly for scotland like aghainst spain for example. He is a rangers fan through and through so he would never leave rangers but i can see why youse say he cant be considerd the best in europe because of his league. Moan the SHAGGER !!!

Calvin I like your style

Until he's regularly tested at the top level, you can't consider him World Class. 90 minutes here and there doesn't make you top quality.

Don't consider him to be as good as others claim. Sure he's the best in the league, but that's like being the best looking person in tynecastle ;)

I've never been a big fan of Allan McGregor. To say he's a world class Keeper is a bit of an overstatement. He is a good Goalkeeper but not world class. He has had quite a few howlers this season though. Scotland v Denmark, Rangers v Celtic and Spain v Scotland. I know Goalkeepers make mistakes, but almost the same mistake 3 times early on in the season?