Sign in to follow this  
Chris W

Who is the best GK in the Prem?

Haha, I was only mucking about with the "high" thing mate.

Arsenal started with Almunia as #1, who got injured (thank Christ). Then Fabianski, who was looking very good, who then injured his shoulder in a pre-match warmup vs. Man City (where neither keeper conceded), then in came Szczesny who only conceded one against United and had a great match, then he injured his finger vs. Barca for Almunia to come back, before he would get injured and have Lehmann come in for the game. Then Almunia came back once more, kept making mistakes for Szczesny to finish the season. While all these injuries were going on, Mannone was injured too.

So Arsenal managed to have all 4 keepers injured last season, thank god for Lehmann.

Anyway, Szczesny is the Number 1, and Fabianski certainly isn't bad, just give them next season and you'll see the best out of them, I have very high hopes for them

Personally, I think Arsenal can do much better. Arsenal need a top class keeper, Given would have fit perfect for them.

Right now in the prem which i watch every weekend in and out I would have to say is Shay Given. I am a United supporter but Shay Given by far is top class in the prem. The only reason Joe Hart took his place is he is because he is Englands number one and it would look pretty silly Hart sitting on the bench. You rarely see stupid mistakes from Given. I see him helping Villa into a Europa League spot even though they lost the majority of their threats.

Top 5 in the Prem

1. Shay Given

2. Joe Hart

3. Petr Cech

4. Pepe Reina

5. Jussi Jaiskillainen

The top 5 World

1. Casillas

2. Neuer

3. Cesar

4. Buffon

5. Steklenberg

Iker Casillas is no way overrated. Just look what he's achieved in the game at the very highest level and he's under 6ft!! 4 la liga titles, 1 copa del rey, 2 champions leagues, a european championship, a world cup and 121 spain caps and he's just turned 30! Also captain of real madrid and spain. What more can he do?? Best keeper in the world.

Arsenal need alot more than a new keeper, a new manager perhaps????

Didnt chech get golden gloves again last season? Also chelsea fans player of the year.

I think chec is the most complete out of the contenders in terms of coming for crosses and shot stoping.

Pepe, is probably the best shot stopper and a very good one on one keeper but I always get the impreshion there is a chink in there, seen him beaten on the near post to easily and not 100 percent under the high ball in. (reminds me of me)

Harts potential is immence a couple of silly mistakes last year but can see him eclipsing both.

All that said, there will never be another peter smichel

Okay, Arsenal do not need another manager. It sickens me the way managers always get sacked, they're the easy ones to blame, but I mean Chelsea sack a manager as yearly routine, which is ridiculous, no many things can go wrong with the club, to use the manager as a scapegoat is like using Green as a reason England didn't win the World Cup. Preposterous.

Goalkeepers, world class, aren't coming think and fast these days. Given is top class, better than Hart, Szczesny, well he had his breakout season and all of you are gonna see better from him when he has to do more competition for the Number 1 spot. You people haven't seen much of him, nor have I, he has loads more in his locker and lots of attributes that some of you clearly don't appreciate

well he should get sacked at the end of this season when Arsenal finish 5th in league and end up without a trophy again. Watched em last weekend in emirates cup. Both matches where typical Arsenal performances. i know they where only friendlies but look at united's, city's and chelsea's pre-season....

well he should get sacked at the end of this season when Arsenal finish 5th in league and end up without a trophy again. Watched em last weekend in emirates cup. Both matches where typical Arsenal performances. i know they where only friendlies but look at united's, city's and chelsea's pre-season....

That's not gonna happen and I'm not having this discussion any more.

Pre-season friendlies aren't to be taken seriously, we're not gonna finish 5th, stop being so presumptuous, you can't predict what will happen in a whole season because madder things have happened.

julio cesar !! in the top 10 !! COME ON !! and where is valdes. . cesar is a complete Ahole .. he makes a good save or two.. but he's truly not that good !

Neuer??? One good season and hes considered 2nd best in the world. anyone see him against Man U in the champions league? yes great first leg, woeful second leg and i thought he was ropey in the world cup.

Neuer??? One good season and hes considered 2nd best in the world. anyone see him against Man U in the champions league? yes great first leg, woeful second leg and i thought he was ropey in the world cup.

Yeah! I mean he only conceded one goal against England right...

Jack, England were a poor team in that world cup. Thats is the worst performing England team i have seen in a world cup.

I don't have much hope for England in general, doesn't worry me as I was born and lived in Holland, I lived right next to the Ajax stadium where alot of matches were played.

Even so, I have hope for England. I did think that if that goal stood, England could have won, they would have been favourites to win the match if it happened

Well they did clean up every other opponent and beat them every week! I loved going there, great atmosphere, Edwin van der Sar was lucky enough to gain my respect there too ;)

Not a fan of the EPL, but I watch enough MOTDs to make my judgement. Joe Hart is the one for me, incredible reflexes, great shot-stopper. One for the future is Wayne Hennessy.

Personally, id say Steve Harper is up there with Shay Given!!

No way, Harper is a good keeper, Given is a world class keeper.

Not a fan of the EPL, but I watch enough MOTDs to make my judgement. Joe Hart is the one for me, incredible reflexes, great shot-stopper. One for the future is Wayne Hennessy.

where you from and which league do you like?

where you from and which league do you like?

Scotland, I'm a Celtic fan, but I don't particularly enjoy watching games that aren't Celtic. I prefer to watch the Championship, because the last 8 or 9 games is just tense, and by that time, theres generally a winner in the PL.

I have to agree with Scott (that would be such a cool name for you). Premier League is much more boring to watch than League 1/League 2, I have to confess going to London Road and watching Peterborough every week entertains me way more than going to the Emirates, pre-match atmosphere is so much better.

Scotland, I'm a Celtic fan, but I don't particularly enjoy watching games that aren't Celtic. I prefer to watch the Championship, because the last 8 or 9 games is just tense, and by that time, theres generally a winner in the PL.

Ah yeah the championship is a great league to watch, its so tight. very entertaining.

Joe Hart has proved himself playing in the premiership so how can De Gea be as good as him??? De Gea will be a world class keeper. Can't wait to see him this season.

I'm also looking forward to watching Keiren Westwood for Sunderland, i'm sure he'll prove himself to be a top premier league keeper.

Top 5 in Premier league

1. Joe Hart

2. Shay Given

3.Pepe Reina

4.Petr Cech

5.Tim Howard

Top 5 in Europe

1. Iker Casillas (best in the world)

2.Manuel Neuer

3.Julio Cesar

4.Gigi Buffon

5.Joe Hart

I thought everyone was crazy leaving Howard out of the top 5, at least you got it! Love both your top 5 lists!!! Although, Chech has been playing worse and worse, could be out of the top 5 soon! Joe hart is amazing though

I thought everyone was crazy leaving Howard out of the top 5, at least you got it! Love both your top 5 lists!!! Although, Chech has been playing worse and worse, could be out of the top 5 soon! Joe hart is amazing though

I think Tim Howard is a talented goalkeeper. I just dont think he has what other goalkeepers do though. I think he's too hot-headed and not as composed as other top notch goalkeepers. I think thats why he didnt last at Manchester United. Mentality is one of the most important aspects of a goalkeeper and i dont think he has it up there.