Sign in to follow this  
Chris W

Who is the best GK in the Prem?

I rate Howard as a good keeper, but he's never been up there with the best of them for me, I don't see why people are considering him in Europe's top 5

I rate Howard as a good keeper, but he's never been up there with the best of them for me, I don't see why people are considering him in Europe's top 5

I don't consider him in the top 5 in Europe, just in the Premier league. In the world you have GK's Like Neuer, Casillas, Buffon, Hart... etc. Howard's not in it, but as far as Premier league I think he is top 5. He has the record for most career clean sheets with Everton, his first year at ManU won best goalkeeper award, only American to ever do that. I don't know how you can't put him top 5 in Premier league.

wrote a blog about top 5 goalkeepers.. I know some will disagree, so please comment if you think I am wrong.

Top 5 Premier League

And if anyone wants to write another top 5 for a different league, please do so and I will post it to the blog for you and give you credit!

I'd say it's a bit early to call Vorm one of the best, but if he continues his recent form he'll be really recognised for helping a team that looks like they'll be in the relegation struggle.

My list

EPL:

1.Shay Given

2.Joe Hart

3.Pepe Reina

4.Brad Friedel

5.Tim Howard

ones for the future:

De Gea

Hennesey

Westwood

Vorm

wrote a blog about top 5 goalkeepers.. I know some will disagree, so please comment if you think I am wrong.

Top 5 Premier League

And if anyone wants to write another top 5 for a different league, please do so and I will post it to the blog for you and give you credit!

oh man you got it off. The only worse thing you could do is put gomez in there. but seriously reina and howard? no thank you

What about Jaskelianan ? Ok time isn't on his side anymore but has been very consistant for Bolscum and always stepped up to the mark....Big shoes to fill them.

This topic is just going around in circles, its very opinionated. To my eye, Petr Cech is extremely good. So my call would be Cech & Given.

This topic is just going around in circles, its very opinionated. To my eye, Petr Cech is extremely good. So my call would be Cech & Given.

You need glasses? haha just kidding Given I like. But Cech I dont

Do any of you remember in a champions league game a while back a free kick from like 45 yards out and they scored on cech low short side easy save? I cant remember and trying to find the video, although that is only one instance.

Similar thing happened to David Seaman, would you say he isn't a good keeper?

your making that name up right ;)

No but I dont like him on more occasions too, that was just one I clearly remembered

reina is best in premiership and in my opionion best in world. Listened to a Xabi Alonso interview were he said reina has the best touch in the spain squad is one of the quickest and most athletic. Alonso also went to state that the reason reina does not start for spain is because cassillas plays for madrid interesting views..................

I think you're overrating Reina a bit by calling him the best in the world

If I was building a team in the Prem I would take in the following order:

1) Asmir Begovic

2) Ali Al Habsi

3) That Danish Bloke from Man United ;) Lindegaard

4) Tim Howard

5) John Ruddy

Sick of seeing the same names Reina, Cech, Hart ...

I also rate Matthew Gilks as the best in the Championship.

EPL

1. Shay Given

2. Joe Hart

3. Pepe Reina

4. Brad Friedel

5. Tim Howard/Ben Foster

De gea is one to watch after his recent performances, most saves in the EPL so far and some of them have been incredible; he's stepping up his game in my opinion.