Sign in to follow this  
Chris W

Who is the best GK in the Prem?

I got to go with Shay Given even as a Man Utd fan due to the fact as stated De Gea isn't proven.

I do feel that Lindegaard needs more time on the pitch though. He saved us losing to Benfica.

Has to be Reina for me, with given a close second.

All time best has to be schmeichel though and i'm a Liverpool Fan! best 600k ish spent in the premiership ever!

There are quite a lot of great Keepers in the Premier League this season. Some of my favourite ones are:

Ali Al-Habsi

Shay Given

Petr Cech

John Ruddy

I have liked John Ruddy for a while. I first seen him a couple of seasons ago when he played up here for Motherwell FC and I thought he was a fantastic Keeper.

Personally, i think Cech is the best keeper in the prem league. Although De Gea could become the best if he keeps improving. My American side makes me wanna say Howard lol.

I think Szezsncy is the best young keeper in the league, he may become the best. Basing it on form over the past 2 seasons I'd personally say Tim Howard has got to be up there B)

Joe Hart is overrated in my opinion, hasn't got great handling, parries too many shots. I personally rate Wayne Henessey, think he is fast becoming a top keeper

folks, I was in Prague 11.11.2011 when Czech Republic played vs MONTENEGRO, and trust me Petr Cech is great... some peoples from Chelsea team talking about Petrs leaving from Chelsea, because some new, young, great keepers in team... but I think he will be on Chelseas goal longer.. also Szczesny is very good goalkeeper, he is promising :)

At the moment it has to be Tim Krul, yes i'm a Newcastle fan but theres no bias in it. Ever since his debut in the Uefa Cup away to Palermo he's improved game after game.. and credit has to go the club. There was immense pressure from the fans up here to put him in the first team as soon as possible but they kept him in the reserves playing the odd League Cup game and he's turned into an amazing goalkeeper. He commands the air (anyone see him at Stoke this year?!), he's a fantastic shot stopper and our defence has never looked more solid, it was an absolute shambles with Shay Given in goal. I'll honestly be amazed if Krul is here at the end of next season, he's destined for the top.

Ok so looking back over this old thread has been quite interesting, who do we all think is the current best of the best in the English Premier League? Is De Gea the number one? Courtois?