Ibz

First game back after fitness program

Hello All,

So ive been on this fitness program to cut down my weight as i have joined a new club and was put on this program by the goalkeeper coach.

Im 6ft, started the program a month ago now was at 102kg and now i am at 92kg....Wont be stopping i got around 7 more kg to go!

So during this time ive had running in the morning and goalkeeper training in the afternoon daily! However i havent played a match....

This past weekend my friends who play for an academy were a keeper short for their match and so i offered my services(for the sake of seeing how i perform now with the weight loss)

I felt great during the match, i was faster than ever, flying around, and my reflexes were real sharp!

Just felt like sharing my results!

Thanks for reading,

Cheers!!

Well done mate, glad to see you had a good match, but even better to see that you're doing well with weight loss.

You'll have to update us in future matches, and I imagine the goalkeeper training is doing you alot of good if you're doing it daily!

Well the goalkeeper coach at the new club is the national team's goalkeeper coach, so he trains me with the national team keepers and that experience is doing me alot of good!!

Im planning to break through the under 21 national team and i think with the attention he gives me and the progress i have done i will be able to do that!

Great to hear mate!!

Im currently battling unfitness as well! Alot worse than you though!! (132KG)

But still at this weight im representing my state in futsal and getting ready for a training program with Melbourne Victory goalkeeper coach

Keep me updated mate

Good luck!

Ah, awesome! Sounds like you're getting on really well, he obviously sees something in you to pay you this attention ahead of all the other goalkeepers there.