Sign in to follow this  
V.V.1

a goalkeeper's nightmare

so guys i made a pretty nice match today .. made a fingertip save today .. and saved a one on one .

but i had lots of long balls :( .. i left my defense to deal with every single one * except one where i punched it and it was punted backwards and got behind the goal . *

so any ideas , single-man drills for long balls /

so guys i made a pretty nice match today .. made a fingertip save today .. and saved a one on one .

but i had lots of long balls :( .. i left my defense to deal with every single one * except one where i punched it and it was punted backwards and got behind the goal . *

so any ideas , single-man drills for long balls /

Long balls are a tough one. One thing you must remember is that if you decide to go YOU HAVE TO GO AT IT 100% DO NOT HESITATE

Just make sure you can get to it before anyone else and analyse the situation.

Id recommend getting someone to kick or throw the ball towards the box and getting someone to chase after it. This will teach you to assess the situation quicker and youll get better at knowing if you're gonna get to it first or not

Like Shaba said, if you mean crosses it's just a case of practice catching them... then add another person in after a while to add in decision making.

There are 2 kinds of long ball situataions that scare me the most, the on where it drops inside the 18 yard box and you have to go out to it with all knees and elbows raging, then the one thats a long shot on target, and your'e backtrackin' and cackin' it i usually tip those over the bar as it saves me looking stooopid if once slips through.

You can't prepare for these in a training point of view on your own, and you need someone to keep pumping balls into the box (:unsure: ;) wheyy) and deal with each different type of ball in.

long shots are my favs .. a couple of moves and an explosion and bang ..

i am talking about long balls .. specially Goalkicks .. this stupidly crazy goalkicks which land in my area and re bounds .. all i can do is to hold my line and tip it away from my goal :s