Sign in to follow this  
General Zod

General Zod's Top 5 - Great Players, rubbish Managers!

you know the rules, no particular order....

1. Bryan Robson

2. Gazza

3. Graeme Souness

4. Sammy Lee

5. Tony Adams

John Barnes, John Barnes, John Barnes, John Barnes, John Barnes.

Sir Bobby Charlton

Peter Shilton

Gianfranco Zola

Lother Mattahaus

Zico

Charlton? Obviously Brad is a little older than most of us youngsters on here ;)

Now i thought about Peter Shilton, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. He thinks he did a good job with the resources available to him at the time. He only tried with plymouth and that was it, would have been intersting if he had tried somewhere else. Zola? hmmmm, can anyone make it work at west ham?

Jack, John Barnes? that is a very good shout. What an incredible player. he tanked at celtic and tranmere. managed jamacia too.

Well I'm alot younger than you, so I'm in a generation where the players haven't retired and turned into managers that I knew of... yet.

I just knew about John Barnes, didn't have the best run in the world with Tranmere, but he was absolutely incredible for England and Liverpool.

not so incredible for England. but he was a great player. its a shame he missed out on his chance really at cracking europe with liverpool because of the ban.

Yeah, it is a shame. He is before my generation really, but I've seen old things about him and he's certainly good.

Zod im 28 mate, just read a lot of old autobiographies as they are far more interesting then the generec premier league footballer ones we have now adays.

also Walter Zenga was also terrible as a manager but a fantastic keeper.

Never heard of him, but his last name sounds like Jenga... my mum kept making me play that with the little kid who came round, I never wanna look at another Jenga brick again mellow.gif

Walter Zenga! The spider! what a fantastic goalkeeper, not only was he brilliant, he had a swagger of coolness about him. Jack he played mainly for Inter Milian, then Sampdoria and moved to Major League Soccer. He won the Serie A and a couple of Uefa cups or maybe won 1 lost 1. He was also Italy's keeper at the 1990 world cup. i actually rated him better than pagulicua when he took over Zengas place.

28 years old? can i ask a Brad, do you play as a goalkeeper at all, or is your goalkeeper interest more business based because of the gloves?

Wasn't Dino Zoff in goal for Italia 90?

1982! when they won it. Was also in the 1968 european championship winning squad.

Come on Jack, do your home work. England got to the semi finals, so close..........so close. i can still remember watching it.......if only....

Hey, I am studying... although I know any World Cup we had a penalty shootout in, well, let's not go there!

Walter Zenga! The spider! what a fantastic goalkeeper, not only was he brilliant, he had a swagger of coolness about him. Jack he played mainly for Inter Milian, then Sampdoria and moved to Major League Soccer. He won the Serie A and a couple of Uefa cups or maybe won 1 lost 1. He was also Italy's keeper at the 1990 world cup. i actually rated him better than pagulicua when he took over Zengas place.

28 years old? can i ask a Brad, do you play as a goalkeeper at all, or is your goalkeeper interest more business based because of the gloves?

I was at Charlton for about a second before they realised what they had lol then kicked me out. i play sunday league with some mates that put a team together, i also write for the Goalkeeper Magazine. Just have an interest in football that is rather unhealthy thats why i read about all the old players. far more interesting then reading about what colour boots rooney is wearing and which footballer has cheated on his wife.