Sign in to follow this  
Number1

Shaky De Gea?

The fact is, he's not in Spain any more and you can only play the "it's not easy moving away" card for so long.

He needs a bigger frame, or he'll be battered like against West Brom... that part wasn't down to confidence.

He's 20 years old. goalkeepers hit their primei n the area of 30 years old. He'll do just fine.

Unless he's 30 and frail... you can't hide behind the fact that he got battered. That'll keep happening if he doesn't sort his size out

I seem to recall the same story for another ManU goalkeeper who moved from where he was born, was pretty young, and took the reins and played pretty well from the get go... but then fell out of graces and left the team. Now he is shinning for his new club and hasn't looked back... anyone care to take a guess?

Maybe ManU wishes they hadn't given up on him?

I seem to recall the same story for another ManU goalkeeper who moved from where he was born, was pretty young, and took the reins and played pretty well from the get go... but then fell out of graces and left the team. Now he is shinning for his new club and hasn't looked back... anyone care to take a guess?

Maybe ManU wishes they hadn't given up on him?

howler howard ? thats what they used to call him when he was in man u . .but believe me .. he only left because van der sar came down the club .. and we all know .. that van der sar .. is better than howler howy * or howy howler i dont exactly recall *

I also seem to remember a Euro and World Champion come to the club and look completely out of his depth, be one of the most dodgy keepers in the Prem.

I'm just saying this because he needs to stop making mistakes and get into it

He looked nervous to me. I think an early save would of helped him, don't think he touched the ball for a good half hour, think that would of settled his nerves. His first game for United at wembley infront of 80,000 and against City, i dont blame him for bein nervous. He was alot better 2nd half. Fergie knows what hes doing, he knows how good he is. Hes only 20, in a few yrs he'll be class.

Absolutely spot on there i would say! Not easy to play your first match in front of that many and also the fact it was a Manchester derby. I think the fact he can't really speak a word of English doesn't help but he has a great team to help build his confidence and the backroom staff are all doing their bit to help his troubles regarding his language.

Is he too young?... Only time will tell but like the commentator said during the game against West Brom, Peter Schmeichel was the same when he was 21 and had to face the likes of the dreaded AFC Wimbledon.

There's nothing wrong with nervous energy, he will be fine.

Joe.