Sign in to follow this  
Pasha tehrani

Goalkeeper training for proper size goals

the goal proper to your age would be 1.50~1.60 meters high .. thats one

two .. its not just about the height . in smaller goals you never seem to need to come out of your line . in bigger goals you will need to do proper tactics. . join a club/football school around your area and get yourself a good keepin coach who can teach you more about this stuff

I would say the same, literally join a team on developmental terms and they will teach you all about dealing with any height issues.

I think its more important dealing with width not height. Getting your angles right is absolutely crucial.

Thats what makes the difference from a lousy goalkeeper to an amazingly awesome goalkeeper like myself

Ahhh, you remind me of a young me back when I only made about 117 posts ;)

It's about angles too, but if you're a midget you'll get lobbed every time, I think it's about mixing up the two.

Haha!

I was told if your footwork is alright you should get to the high balls unless of course your really THAT short and even when you jump you cant reach it

I'm 5'8, I can hit the crossbar with my fingers but only when I full on jump. Everyone thinks that's gonna be a problem, but I'm just 5 yards off my line and leap well, combine that with good positioning and it's not a problem

Okay, so give me a simple yes/no answer (Zod style Smilie_cool.gif) If you are two feet tall, can you get lobbed no matter how good your positioning is? :)

Yeah! Not just in goalkeeping terms, in terms of life. Everything you do, you do with justification, you can't go wrong... literally :D

Unless you're De Gea

Okay, so give me a simple yes/no answer (Zod style Smilie_cool.gif) If you are two feet tall, can you get lobbed no matter how good your positioning is? :)

If you were two foot tall... why would you want to be a goalkeeper?

i knew a keeper who was 3 50 ft .. he was not the best of the best but he had the speed of lightning .. lobbing him was almost impossible because he used to just turn around and run like a mfuker and get his hands to the ball !

i knew a keeper who was 3 50 ft .. he was not the best of the best but he had the speed of lightning .. lobbing him was almost impossible because he used to just turn around and run like a mfuker and get his hands to the ball !

I also know someone down there, over 3 feet long and boy is he fast!

Are you actually implying you didn't get my joke about a long thing with balls that is fast to get up?! What has happened to you?!

I think you'll find that he's not a midget, well, you won't find, cause that'd be slightly odd, but you know what I mean!

Midgets are legend, I used to be one before I towered up to the 5'8 stature I'm currently at ;)