Sign in to follow this  
V.V.1

how to look cool as a keeper

i have once been told .. you can keep spectators eyes on you even if you dont get to make a save .. i said how .. the guy said . look cool !

i mean how do i *look cool * ?

should i just stand straight all the time ? should i wear 3/4s ? should i do a special move when doin a dive.. i dont know .. but keepers like howard and valdes just dont seem to look cool to me !

To be honest. I hate those douchebag goalies with a passion. Theres one I know who spikes up his hair so he looks like a bird, rolls up his goalie sleeves (whats the point of wearing long sleeve expensive gk jersey if you ALWAYS roll up the sleeves?), and he tries some pretty shit rather then going in hard and working hard. I suggest that you just do you job. Keep the ball out of the net. Everyones prone to make some unnecessary hollywood saves (I do too), but dont over do it. Goalkeepers shouldnt be too flashy like ronaldo they should just do their job and as long as they make the save its all good. Sorry for the rant Smilie_angel.gif

haha i love rantings anyway :P but believe me .. being stylish adds this little bit specially when *media* is included .. you know when you are on papers and stuff you just wanna look cool !

Luckily for you im the coolest goalkeeper here :)

Seriously though its not about being "cool" but being and looking confident!

The main thing is constantly talking to your team WITH AUTHORITY this will make you look like you're in charge (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE)

Shoulders up, chest out and all the attention will be on you

Acting confident will in turn actually really make you confident while giving the opponent and the ladies watching something to think about

Luckily for you im the coolest goalkeeper here :)

Seriously though its not about being "cool" but being and looking confident!

The main thing is constantly talking to your team WITH AUTHORITY this will make you look like you're in charge (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE)

Shoulders up, chest out and all the attention will be on you

Acting confident will in turn actually really make you confident while giving the opponent and the ladies watching something to think about

Thats true I forgot to add that to my rant. Couldnt of said it better though

Don't make him follow your example, we all know you're about as cool as the sun ;)

Snakeskin patterned gloves with a matching snakeskin thong should keep people looking bud :cool:

thats an awesome idea. . ONLY IF I WAS A CHICK AND WAS CALLED HOPE SOLO

when the balls up the other end of the pich, like in the opposition's defensive quarter/third, just lean against the post with your arms crossed.

Obviously don't do it when you're defending!

I've seen keepers sit down and I've always invisioned a keeper leaning on the post reading the sports pages of a newpaper...

I'd get an earful from my manager, I'm supposed to be on the end of my box shouting at my players ;)

I'd get an earful from my manager, I'm supposed to be on the end of my box shouting at my players ;)

I was half joking :P

I actually do lean against the post at training sometimes. I'm not very vocal and only am when we're defending.

I think it's silly that a keeper should have to yell at his players from the other end of the pitch... so I just stand and watch, it's entertaining ;)

I, like you am only vocal when defending. I've never leaned on the post but may give it a go ;)

How you look has a small part, obviously if you look scruffy in the goal, people watching are going to automatically judge. But i think the main thing is how you perform, look cool, but are a shocking goalie, theres no point.

I think you can look scruffy then surprise, that has a bigger impact.

Anyway, I have a green Nike shirt, long sleeve with the sleeves rolled up, looks more casual as I think people care far too much about looking the part.

I think if you look scruffy and make that all-important save you'll make them second guess themselves anyway, so the former in my opinion.

Get your ballsack out, stand on the edge of the D and scream "These shorts are the bollocks!" It'll take people a while to register though ;)

Dropped mate, many times ;) Unlike you, every time i was dropped my looks were improved. you on the other hand? Ever concidered a mask? ;)

Mate, you were clearly dropped on your head and had all your brain cells destroyed, I mean one brain cells is all good, but it must get lonely!

I'm a bit of a pretty boy & I know it. I try to look good, but at the end of the day it's keeping the ball out of the back of the net that counts and not how you look. You SHOULD look as professional & presentable as possible IMO.

i played in a game where i only made 1 save we dominated so much i sat on the post having a chat with our subs, 1 of whom gave me a fag (i smoke unfortunatly) so i smoked it, my boss saw the funny side and just laughed

i played in a game where i only made 1 save we dominated so much i sat on the post having a chat with our subs, 1 of whom gave me a fag (i smoke unfortunatly) so i smoked it, my boss saw the funny side and just laughed

do you smoke faggots >?

Fag=Cigarette, haha VV1

Its all about sleeves rolled and shirt untucked ;)