Sign in to follow this  
hotballs

Today I miss-kick a goal kick that then resulted in a goal, let a ball go in on my near, and was totally and utterly defeated on a one-on-one.

its okay .. shit happens .. you just need to gather your parts up and get set for your next match

i had a football free day 2 day . 2 matches and a training session 2mrw !

Mate, don't worry, I mean you pick yourself up and next time impress when you don't make a mistake, see it as a positive.

Atleast you got to play bro, I missed a game because I had work....

Don't worry. Keep working on this in training before your next game and use the mistake as a learning curve. Do you know what you did wrong? Why did you do it wrong? How can you correct it? etc etc.

Even the best keepers make the simplest mistakes, it takes courage to pick yourself from it and it shows that you are a good keeper if you are able to do that. Look at De Gea's shakey start for Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, on 90 grand a week playing in the best league and even he makes mistakes. I bet you he has the determination to bounce back though!

Watched a match from the sideline and got signed for one of the teams after the match :cool:

Then organised a game with my mates, pulled of a fair few good saves and won the match 6-2 :P

Casual games are much harder on the goalkeeper than they are on everyone else, kudos for only conceding a couple ;)

I even almost scored a header in the last minutes leading to half time, corner came in and tried for it, was going top corner too, dissapointed their keeper got it :sleepy:

A header from a goalkeeper?... I occasionally come out of my box and use my head to clear up but was this from a corner?... How bizarre!? :D

Aye mate, thought I would show the team how it was done haha, a couple of weeks ago I scored from a kick from my hands, one side to the other, bounced over the keeper, and that was in the 1st 5 minutes of my return match with my mates after 4 weeks out with a leg injury :cool:

I've always wanted to do that in a real match, but I'm more amazed you kept it on target mate, most keepers aren't too accurate, just use their head to bulldoze the ball away ;)

I always scream to take the free kicks as I am pretty good at them too, don't know how as I have always been a keeper.

Ah, sounds good, I've been playing for about a year so my kicks are still improving every time :)

Been playing goalkeeper for about 14 years now, nothing major, just daft matches with my mates. Played 2nd half of a friendly last weekend for the team I just signed for and made 2 mess ups, one I went to kick the ball clear and sliced it, skimmed the side of my boot and went behind me, luckily a defender was there to clear it and the other was the grip on my gloves failed and I should of had hold of it, it slipped out my hands and out for a corner, still kept the few shots out tho to concede none <_<

Hey, it's a clean sheet on the record books, so you did a good job ;)

I suppose, but not good enough to get starting 11 for next thursdays league match <_<

Then use it as something to work towards, it'll keep you more motivated :)

It does, just gonna take some time to get back to the whole playing on that level again, hopefully won't take long.

I wouldn't have thought so, once you've learned it you never forget :)

I'll never forget, just getting my game play back to how it was, quit me smoking when I got back into playing 5 months ago, few naughty pints here and there but not full piss ups (unless a VERY GOOD VALID REASON :lol:) and a few jogs with my house mate every now and then to get my fitness and stamina back up

That I do, and it helps been a postman with all the walking I do during the day, always on the go :cool:

I like seeing topics like this, obviously not because I love seeing people having a bad performance but because its happened to me in the past meaning I know I'm not the only keeper to make errors as such. Just take it on the chin and focus on training and upcoming games; it happens to everyone- even the best!