Sign in to follow this  
slurp23

how tall are you guys?

i'm 5'8 or about 174cm tall. and at 22 i doubt im gonna grow anymore. does height matter to your game? if you're vertically challenged (like me ;)) how do you adapt your game?

I think you can make any save if your positioning is great, although let's face it, it's much better to be 6'3 than 5'8. Still, us midgets make great use of our height and can leap alot better ;)

I am 5'8 also.

I think you can make any save if your positioning is great, although let's face it, it's much better to be 6'3 than 5'8. Still, us midgets make great use of our height and can leap alot better ;)

I am 5'8 also.

jack you're only 16 you still have plenty of time to grow. don't worry you'll prolly hit 5'10 - 6' when you're about my age. haha gosh i sound old.

anyway positioning is really important for every keeper no matter what height you are. i think its more about the challenging for aerial balls. that's where my height disadvantage prove to be an achilles heel

So you'd be more than happy to swap heights with me? ;)

I'd rather swap weight with ya lol

Still trying to get fit. The season in Australia is almost over, only two games left. gotta hit it hard in the off season

True! And I'd like to be at 6 foot if possible, but I'm happy with my height if I have to work with that ;)

Don't show it off, or I'll cut you off at the knee caps so we're the same height ;)

knew a keeper who was so skinny and his height was 6ft5 but his jump was shizz .. i am around 5''9 or 5,10 not really sure .. i am just 15

Really if you are short like me I am 30 and at 5'9" I am short. Work on your leg muscles to compensate for the height difference. Be tough and adapt. I am not the tallest so my positioning is different than other keepers. Short guys have an easier time with low balls which i would say 75% of the shots are low.

I'm 5ft 11 and have a big jump, as long as your feet are quick you don't need to be massive to reach everything. It's rubbish what they say about 'have to be big' blah blah blah, total garbage.

I'm 6'5". balance can be a problem, but my reflexes for a big guy are very good. People don't expect me to get to half of the balls that I do :)

6'2" (187cm).

At my age, I no longer grow up but out.

i hear ya bud, put on 2 stone by being out injured last season, really need to lose the weight

Ray Newland who used to play for Everton and has retired now, he's sitting comfortably at 19 stone, true story, I hope I don't get injured this season!