Sign in to follow this  
Shuyin

Can Arsenal turn it around?

12 members have voted

1. 1. Can they still stay a top 5 team? Will they win any trophies?

• Yes, they will stay a top 5 team
    • No, they're screwed worse than the wives of John Terry's teammates.
    • Yes, although they won't be winning any trophies.

One point from three games, many injured players, just scraping into the Champion's league, and a devastating 8-2 loss to Man U.

This begs the question, what is to happen to Arsenal's future?

What do you think will happen to the Gunners this season, will they be a top of the table team, will they win trophies, or have they run out of ammo?

No, you can't lose players like Fabregas and Nasri and not replace them and expect to compete. I reckon Wenger could be out a job soon

I don't think we're that bad!

We'll muller Swansea in a few weeks ;)

They need to get rid of Wenger. The man has lost the plot. How can you play like that at old trafford with an under strength team?? He has no plan B, he should of set his players out to make that game as hard for united as possible. Put men behind the ball and first and foremost keep it tight at the back. It was like watching a sunday league team! alot lesser teams will go to old trafford this season and get better results because they have managers who aint stubborn and who can 'park the bus' when they have too. Wenger Out!!!

Are you for real? If he played all defensive then they'd have lost anyway, having a pop was the best thing he could have done. He had players injured, he lost the two best, what was he actually supposed to do? He's actually doing a really good job given that he has to work on a wage structure where very few players get paid more then £100k a week, whereas the teams he's rivaling to sign the players for will offer them like £300k a week. Sacking Wenger would be the most stupid thing Arsenal could possibly do

Plus his whole summer has been taken up with Fabregas and Nasri, admittedly he should have put them to bed sooner but he wanted to try and keep them. His summer was made up of that, giving him less time to sign players, something he's now doing

How do you know they'd of lost??? dont think they'd of lost 8-2! Mate you must be like all the other Arsenal fans out there who are quite happy to win nothing at all and buy 16 yr olds every yr. He needs to buy exprienced players ie Jose enrique, lassana diarra, gary cahill who where available but no he buys players 'for the future'. Sorry but he aint got a clue. They'll be lucky to finish 5th! and 6million for gary cahill.. what a joke!! Their a selling club now.

So buying Brazilian and German international defenders is buying young players is it? No it's not, we have a good youth set up so we'll be great in future, and our defence is sorted out. You know why we kept losing? Poor defending. Santos, Mertesacker and Vermaelen at the back will be allowing to keep more clean sheets to drop less silly points. Also, I think everyone was expecting Arsenal to lose, 5 players who hadn't played for Arsenal on the bench, and one on the pitch, it was always looking bleak. These things happen for a reason, and our defence is now top-notch.

Panic buys if you ask me. They where obviously not his first choice players. It's his own fault for leaving it so late. I wouldn't say it was top notch, we'll av to wait an see.Yeah, everyone was expecting arsenal to lose, most teams going to united are expected to lose just not 8-2!

Clichy, Fabregas and Nasri are big losses and i thought they would struggle to get out of the bottom half if they didn't spend any money. Well done tWenger and the staff at Arsenal for the signings off Mertesacker, Arteta and Benayoun. These three will boost the team with their experience and i think the club will go forward now just like there badge says! :)

Santos, don't forget Santos, easily as good as Clichy ;)

If not better, Santos is absolutely fantastic at getting forward he's a better kind of leighton baines; fast dribbling, tricky and very skilful. Personally, vermalaen for me isn't the right player to be paired with mertesacker, i think his positioning isn't great and that could be costly if any balls come over mertesacker because they won't be picked up which could be costly in some situations. I think they should be giving koscielny a chance, hes quick, can provide that sweeper cover and he has proven himself in some important ties last season; at home to barcelona i can remember him being specifically good.

I'm a United fan, but in the past couple of years i've loved watching Arsenal at their best, when on form they play amazing football. After that thrashing last week I thought Wenger was an idiot for what he was doing but after the transfer deadline he's opened his eyes and brought in some players to fill the likes of Fabregas and Nasri AND MORE- the defence is a lot stronger now!

They'll definately be in the top 5 without a doubt..

Very mature opinion mate, it's good to hear!

We'll see, but I think Vermaelen is great. I suppose it depends on how they work together, if they have good chemistry we're sorted! The RB may be the weak link when you consider these world class defenders, but I think competition will bring the best out of all of them.

Szczesny isn't the best in the prem but he's improving every game, has outstanding confidence among his other assets which I'm surprised haven't earned more recognition by now. Fabianski will be a good back up. I'm so happy with Arteta, he is a quality midfielder and better than Nasri I think, practically made £13m profit out of that position! Benayoun doesn't match up to Fabregas, but he is something we're all greatful for!

Better than Nasri?? U arsenal fans r totally deluded! They where without a doubt panic buys. Gary Cahill and Phil Jagielka where his first and second choice players and he easliy could of bought 1 of them. Its prob coz their English, wenger doesn't buy many english players does he. I dont rate benayoun at all. They'll win nothing, prob get to mickey mouse cup final (carling cup) and lose to a championship team but thats an achievement for arsenal of late.

If not better, Santos is absolutely fantastic at getting forward he's a better kind of leighton baines; fast dribbling, tricky and very skilful.

Personally i've never heard of Santos, could be a good player, could be fantastic also could be garbage.

28 year old Bazilian defender, 22 caps ( i Think) playing in turkey. Doesnt sound like a fantastic player to me. If he was any good he would be playing in spain, germany, italy, england or even france at a push not turkey.

Arteta is a player i like, very much. now saying he is as good as sami is push the boat a little, but still a very good player.

Arteta's only draw back is pace, he isn't as quick as the rest of the midfield and could end up having the beckham effect on aresnal i.e. everytime the ball goes to him it will slow the pace of aresnals attack abit ( which is there major strenght).

Again just my opinion.

Phil, seriously, with the Mickey Mouse cup and English comment I don't take your argument seriously, you are clearly stuck up yourself to think that Arsenal are screwed when we're not - Nasri wasn't nearly as good in the second half of the season whereas Arteta is more consistent. You're the only one that thinks the way you do, doesn't that tell you something? It's quite stubborn to think that Wenger should be out looking at the job he's done.

I think it's a player's choice to be in Turkey, it seems like he doesn't want to be a part of a big club or wants to remain loyal to a club, I mean Henry was still good when he moved to MLS, Robbie Keane is good, not seen Beckham play though.

What job has he done?? Done nothing since 2005. I just think Arsenal need a change. Most of the players are average, Diaby, koscielny, rosicky, song, squillaci, djourou, fabianski, chamakh, benayoun. No way they'll finish in top 4. Man u, City, Chelsea and liverpool av far superior squads.

28 year old Bazilian defender, 22 caps ( i Think) playing in turkey. Doesnt sound like a fantastic player to me. If he was any good he would be playing in spain, germany, italy, england or even france at a push not turkey.

I said fantastic at getting forward! I haven't seen him enough to say whether he's got the full package but hes particularly good at getting forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5TbBk12u0

Does little 1 2's with his CM occasionally which suits Arteta and Wilshere. Just offers more threat offensively for Arsenal down that left side with Gervinho as well they could create something good between the two of them. But as you say, we shall not know if he's capable in the EPL until he's playing!

I think they will turn it around. They are good team, but clearly had an awful start to the season. I think the best they can hope for is 5th though