Sign in to follow this  
GK evans

any tips

You just have to believe in yourself mate, I go into every game and training telling myself im not going to concede and that anything that comes at me I will save :D

firstly try to find something to do before hand. Not too practicle when i play early in the morning, but before training i play the bass for a bit. Nothing like rocking out to get you pumped for training.

And that's the word. Pumped. IMO that's what you want to feel, pumped. Go for a run, work out a little (though be careful with this as it may be counter productive).

Or, the simplist: listen to music. put some tunes on that will pump you up.

Think of your best saves, and those that got through (imagine savin those).

Also massively important is a warm up. a little jog, stretches, then some soft excersixes and drills. Get a mate to throw the ball to you, simple catches, then to theside for collapsing saves, so on and so forth.

To gain confidence just think to yourself, I have made good (or even amazing) saves before, so I'm definitely capable of doing them again, and come into the game or training with goals, like if people are having target practice on you or something and they are expected to score, set a goal of only allowing like 3 goals the entire training, or in a game set a goal to have no goals scored against, and record a shut out. Also before a training or game, watch some goalkeeper clips and when you start your training or your game, think of yourself as your favorite goalkeeper, watch some clips on him and just go out there and perform to your expectations (as your favorite goalkeeper)