Sign in to follow this  
JakeAllingan

Hi There!

Hey, I'm Jake, I've been browsing the forums and thought I might as well sign up and be a part of the discussion!

I currently play at under 16 level in a local league and used to be on the books of both Huddersfield and Leeds - I actually started off as a striker but I'm so happy I made the transition to playing between the sticks, I just find it really satisfying to make a great save and also to have the opportunity to be like a second coach/captain on the pitch.

I'd say my weaknesses are coming out for crosses and kicking off the ground - the crosses I think is a confidence thing because I don't want to mess it up so I'd rather stay on my line and have an opportunity to make the save. With the kicking I struggle to get it particularly high, but if I do then it doesn't go very far because I'm focussing so much on getting it airbourne haha!

I wear Sells Wrap Axis gloves at the moment - I think they're a good glove, they're comfortable and fit well. However I've only worn them twice and the latex is coming away already, so they might get relegated to training gloves soon... I'm looking at getting some gloves from some of the newer brands.

So that's me!

Welcome to the forum it's really good here don't worry about the goal kicks most people struggle with them (me included) have a look around on the forums and hopefully you'll find some help with the corners and goalkicks

Drewscot

Welcome to the forum, if your looking for advice you've come to the right place. Just ask away and there are plenty of us willing to help if we can.