GoalTender

Being marked during a corner

I like to try and palm the attacker off if they are backing into me with a gentle push in the back, which touch wood hasnt got me into any trouble so far, also i find putting both arms up into the air and basically putting my arm in the face, no hitting them or anything like that but just to let them know that im there if that makes sense?

I move about and if they nudge me I nudge them without giving away a penalty though

Heres a situation that happened last season

There defender is pushing me and my defence about I tell me defender not to let himpush him around when he then hearing this says

Shut up you c**t at which point I go shut up and raise my hand to signal to the ref that something's not right he takes one look at me and say

You can't raise your fist to him

Obviously I returned by saying

He called me a c**t

The ref didn't really care and just told him to calm down

No much but it was my debut

So if you can understand what I mean is just don't let them push you around be strong move about and don't let anyone get in your way tea ate or opposition

Hands raised straight up, call one of my defenders to try and get him away. If when I go to claim the ball I barge him, not my problem, I've also been known to give a swift knee to the back in these kind of situations, keepers can play dirty to ;)

• Upvote 1

Usually I just let them know in no uncertain terms that they will not be stopping me from moving, (hint hint wink wink nod nod). I will also use one of my defenders to set a "pick" or "screen" for me. More of a basketball term.

what i try to do is move about a bit as the corner taker is making his way to the corner flag.

hopefully the geezer trying to mark you will be keen as mustard so he'll do his best to track you, follow you around as you bounce back and forth covering the four to five yards in the middle of your goal mouth.

keep your eye on the corner taker, as he prepares to take the kick you walk backwards about three or four paces (from the position you would ideally position yourself)and hold your position as if you are pre paring yourself to deal with the corner and your marker should follow.(don't get at all physical with him , just concentrate on the ball. at this point he will devert his eyes to the corner being taken)

at the last possible opportunity before the kick is taken dart behind your goal line and return back to your preferred position which should now be infront of the marker instead of behind.

this won't work more than once or twice a game but i have found it a successful way of losing the assigned marker

do not over use!

In my debut i had a huge guy - taller then me and easily twice my body weight - marking me. I couldn't do anything. I can't remember the outcome of the corner (one of them was a goal i could do nothing about). Techincally it's obstruction, but refs at our level don't blow for that.

When the ref is looking else where i usually just give them a hard push and tell them to f**K off but failing that i elbow them in the back of the ribs which will wind them and they never come to you again. I am very dirty i know thats not how the game should be played but you've got to do what you've got to do lmao !!

When the ref is looking else where i usually just give them a hard push and tell them to f**K off but failing that i elbow them in the back of the ribs which will wind them and they never come to you again. I am very dirty i know thats not how the game should be played but you've got to do what you've got to do lmao !!

Knowing my luck i'd get knocked out for it. :( I try to evade them really.

Just stand strong and dont let anyone f*** with you. That area is yours and especially that 6yard area nobody should dare set foot in there to challenge you as far as im concerned. Im not bothered just make sure they know you are there. I am not the tallest of keepers but i make it damn sure im not one to get pushed around or intimidated etc. One of my faves was elbowing a guy while punching the ball from a corner as he had stood on my foot lol

Zaff