no1gloves

Baslke v Man Utd

Watched the Basle v Man Utd game tonight and couldnt help but think that perhaps Ferguson has chosen the wrong young goalkeeper. Sommer for Basle had a pretty much faultless perfomance.

What does everyone else think?

David

No.1 Gloves

Thought the Basel keeper played very well! Commanded his box well, can't really blame him for the goal as his vision was surely blocked by the 8 players around him. De Gea on the other hand is a big disappointment, he needs to bulk up badly. He has no idea how to command his box and his decision making is well to put it lightly, sub standard. He may become good in a season or 2 but right now I'd drop him for Lindegaard. Anyways get it right up you united, and nae joy to the shower of glory hunters that claim to follow them :D

I think De Gea's a good keeper, some of the saves he has made so far this year have been great, but he didn't play well last night. He looks a bit shaky in the air but his shot stopping is good, he's still young and developing so I think people need to give him time.

I remember watching his first few games at Atletico and thinking he'd end up being the worlds best at some point and I still think he will be. He's already a Europa League winner and a Euro Under 21's winner. He's had a nervous start.. but come on, he's just a kid and playing for Man United with the pressure of the world on his shoulders. He's kept Man United in games at times this season, its just as it goes that a goalkeeping error is blown out of all proportion in the media. Over the moon he was on the losing side last night though! Basel :heart:

Let's not Moan about Mamoane ;)

Seriously though, that was a mistake and we should probably feel sorry for him after ridiculing him, he's quite decent.