HibeeStopper

Supporting a club outside your country

Does anybody else hate this? Was on facebook and got bombarded by tonnes of status' saying 'well done Chelsea'. How some of these people can claim to be supporters when they don't go to games, not even in the same country and not from anywhere near that area is beyond me. In fact they are Scottish and all support one of the big 4, no wonder the SPL is on it's ease. I ****ing hate modern football and everything it stands for, my own team has more than a 20,000 seater stadium and are struggling with 10,000-12,000 attendances, and without a doubt there is a fair few failing to go to Easter Road because United, City, Chelsea etc. are on the telebox. ****ing pisses me off so much, rant over!

Pisses me off when people support Barcelona, not knowing where they are on a map of the world. People in my school too!

Yeah, know what you mean, bandwagon teams. 8 years ago I don't know anyone who owned a chelsea top or city top, soon as they get invested boom they're everywhere. I mean I appreciate the way Barca play, but when you watch games like El Classico as a neutral you can appreciate a good game more than a bias.

Going to have to agree with you on that even though I support Chelsea (and yes I've been to games live near Stanford bridge) but saying that I support rangers because I'm Scottish and do my best to go to games in the summer when I can follow them and I'm only 1 hour away from ibrox whenever I o up to Scotland here's something you should ask them ask them who would they play in their starting 11 and subs and why lol I once asked a man u fan (this season) and he said I'd have VDS in goal he didn't even relisea that VDS had retired lol

Typical United fan, I'm sure he'll put his Chelsea top back on if they don't win the league this season.

I know people who genuinely can't point Manchester on a map yet consider Wayne Rooney to be a future historical figure.

What hope is there for mankind?

Haha what a clown! I done a similar thing to a Rangers fan 2 years ago, asked him who the first choice keeper was and he said Stefan Klos! He knew absolutely nothing about Rangers but could tell you King Billys life story etc. It's the bigotry that matters to him which is another hate of mine. I grew up a catholic and people round here were shocked at some of the things I done ie. Sign for Hearts, hated Celtic. Has no part in football but the SFA are unwilling to do much about it because it's the only thing publicising our pathetic little league haha

i supports chelsea cos my family does and i live in essex is that a crime?

Not a crime just wouldn't really consider you a true supporter. I mean I've been a season ticket holder for hibs for 12 years now, and watched us play way below a size of our club should be the past 4 years, and I wouldn't consider myself a die-hard. (And I can't stress enough that this is just my opinion so try not to be offended)

Simple glory hunters speaking of Wayne Rooney some man u fans were like f*** off rooney we don't need you scum when there's was all that gaff aout his intractable and now there like " oh Rooney you legend come on" it amazes me how quickly a person can change their opinion about someone just because they think they might leave

Quick question

Do you ever consider players traitors ie tevez going for man u to man city?

I personally don't because if the clubs let the go then that's fine and at the end of the day it's a career and like in all career's you want to get the most out of it nd if that means moving to rivals moving down leagues to get more playing time and potentially more silver were and while ya some fans might get angry that a players left but that's life do you see arsenal fans hating Thierry Henry because he went to Barcelona no because they appreciate what he did for them saying that though I'm not pointing the finger at man u because they don't hate beckham for leaving no point is some players are victimised while some player make problems for themselfs

Haha what a clown! I done a similar thing to a Rangers fan 2 years ago, asked him who the first choice keeper was and he said Stefan Klos! He knew absolutely nothing about Rangers but could tell you King Billys life story etc. It's the bigotry that matters to him which is another hate of mine. I grew up a catholic and people round here were shocked at some of the things I done ie. Sign for Hearts, hated Celtic. Has no part in football but the SFA are unwilling to do much about it because it's the only thing publicising our pathetic little league haha

No offence but why dose religion have to be a issue in football I know why celtic traditionally catholic and rangers Protestant but in modern day football honestley what dose religion have to do with it I mean look at the old firm how many parents will take their kids to that and it's even things like getting the tube to the match and I'm appalled by what i hear coming out e mouth of rangers fans ( there was a little boy and his grandma getting the tube surrounded by these fans who have a serious case of verble diahea ( sorry for spelling)

No offence but why dose religion have to be a issue in football I know why celtic traditionally catholic and rangers Protestant but in modern day football honestley what dose religion have to do with it I mean look at the old firm how many parents will take their kids to that and it's even things like getting the tube to the match and I'm appalled by what i hear coming out e mouth of rangers fans ( there was a little boy and his grandma getting the tube surrounded by these fans who have a serious case of verble diahea ( sorry for spelling)

It is ridiculous, I couldn't tell you how many times I've been called a fenian off of mindless bigots who don't know the meaning of the word. There lies the problem itself, they believe they're told they are meant to be proddie or catholic and the clubs do nothing but support this mindset. Half them don't even know what they're singing about. Hearts are being drawn into it as well, they are often referred to as 'mini-huns' now, if hibs ever start to openly support the IRA like Celtic, well that's the day I give up on football.

In my opinion, I do not think that due to the fact you can not attend a match you should not be considered a supporter. I support an EPL team that is at the bottom of the table, I have a couple of tops and have never been to a match. Hell I have never been to any EPL match. I do not live in England and can't afford to fly over and watch a match (no matter how much I would love to). I am a huge supporter of a baseball team back home but do not go to games as I do not live in the states currently. Am I demoted because of this not matter how much financial support I give in the form of merchandise purchases?

Without outside supporters (those who do not go to matches) I believe that the level of the EPL would be no where near it's current status. Without investments from all over the world and TV rights for sale the quality of play would not be the same.

When it comes to bandwagoners, I totally understand. I never understood that, you stick with your team through thick and thin and you do not choose your team just because they are winning. That issue is easy, Bandwagoner = not a true fan

(Don't get me started on people who wear Yankee hats but can't tell me who their first baseman is)

ive suported liverpool since i was a little kid since i can remeber and i live in aus i watch everymatch live on tv and i do conder myself as a true supporter .

what i do hate is pepole who decide tht theu only support a club when there doing well . ohh and al the real big MANCHESTER CITY FANs WHO HAVE SEEMED TO HAVE JUST COME FROM KNOW WHERE GLORRY HUNTERS !!!!!!!!

Glasgow Celtic are the only team for me. Hate when people choose to watch an EPL game over going to a game. Almost everyone I know supports an English team as well, which isn't right when especially the weer teams in the spls attendances are suffering. You only have to look back 7 or 8 years to see near enough sell out crowds at every ground in the SPL.

Glasgow Celtic are the only team for me. Hate when people choose to watch an EPL game over going to a game. Almost everyone I know supports an English team as well, which isn't right when especially the weer teams in the spls attendances are suffering. You only have to look back 7 or 8 years to see near enough sell out crowds at every ground in the SPL.

It's such a shame that teams like Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are stuck in our shitey wee league because we are big clubs with potentially massive fan bases. The income we could generate from being in a decent standard of league could easily make Scotland a footballing power again. Which is why I would be totally up for a British premier league, although I can't imagine the Engerlish being up for it at all, and rightly so apparently it's greatly publicised down their that each club has a major religion, which is just total pash to be honest.

Its just totally pointless. People who support teams based on their league position or history are scum... as far as I'm concerned. They are absolute footballing idiots who know nothing about the game. If I could forefront some form of war on these people I would. Your local team is far more than a football team, its your identity, "Mes que un club." Their loss though, They'll never feel the pride of clapping your players off after travelling the length of the country to see them get beat 2-0. Or 4-2 as it was this weekend for me down Norwich.

Its just totally pointless. People who support teams based on their league position or history are scum... as far as I'm concerned. They are absolute footballing idiots who know nothing about the game. If I could forefront some form of war on these people I would. Your local team is far more than a football team, its your identity, "Mes que un club." Their loss though, They'll never feel the pride of clapping your players off after travelling the length of the country to see them get beat 2-0. Or 4-2 as it was this weekend for me down Norwich.

Correct! When you support a wee team the lows make the highs much better than they should be. Like if the old firm won the league cup most of their fans wouldn't bother their arse about it unless they beat their rivals in the final. This is when we won it in 2007, greatest moment of my life to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8

Imo its as simple as this, there's two types of scum - those who glory support, and those who support Millwall.

It's such a shame that teams like Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are stuck in our shitey wee league because we are big clubs with potentially massive fan bases. The income we could generate from being in a decent standard of league could easily make Scotland a footballing power again. Which is why I would be totally up for a British premier league, although I can't imagine the Engerlish being up for it at all, and rightly so apparently it's greatly publicised down their that each club has a major religion, which is just total pash to be honest.

I'd love Aberdeen to be stuck in another league, the 3rd division.

I'd love Aberdeen to be stuck in another league, the 3rd division.

As would I, but our leagues bad enough so I fear we can't really afford to lose any big clubs. If they finished bottom there'd probably be a league reconstruction so they didn't go down!

Scotland really needs some reconstruction anyway, especially when you compare the sums of money the SPL get and the EPL get.

a 16 team league wouldn't be wide of the mark for me. Sick of seeing the same 4 teams every season.

Even with a different number of teams etc, Celtic and Rangers will still top the table. Scottish football is dying, and something has to be done about it soon.

As would I, but our leagues bad enough so I fear we can't really afford to lose any big clubs. If they finished bottom there'd probably be a league reconstruction so they didn't go down!

If (please let it happen) they get relegated I'm going to throw a party.