Mattie280702

Best ground you've ever played at?

Just a quick one! What is the best ground you've ever played at?

Mine is the hallowed turf of Edgeley Park - played there 3 times and won twice - good performance everytime i've played there too!

Almondvale Stadium - Lost in the Scottish Cup quarter final with East Stirling to Celtic there

Tynecastle - Penalty shoot out at a half time show during the Edinburgh derby

Been on the Easter road pitch twice, as a fan mind you though ;)

Also played on various semi pro parks, including meadow bank.

Played at Burys ground Gigg Lane for Northumberland when i represented my county.

Played at Gatesheads international stadium while studying at the college there and playing for the college team who were national champions at the time.

Also played three times at Croft Park, Blyth Spartans. Also scored a penalty there in a shoot-out which we won 5-3.

Strathslyde Homes stadium, Dumbarton's ground. Played a final against the older year's finalists because the other team got disqualified. It was really a friendly, but we won 3-1.

Haha, yeah, he was alright, he is progressing and one day he may be good enough to be a pro ;)

Seriously though, it was an awesome experience and he's a great person to learn from, technically sound although sometimes prone to the odd mistake

The best ground I've ever played at was the Esther Shiner Stadium in Canada for the Ontario Cup semi finals. Unfortunately we lost the game 0-2

On 07/09/2017 at 2:43 PM, Del Keoper said:

I played a charity game at Ibrox. Team of my boyhood heroes so has to be that for me.

I've played in front of 45,000 at ibrox mate. What a buzz 

16 hours ago, fraserb said:

I've played in front of 45,000 at ibrox mate. What a buzz 

Nice, can't compete with that unfortunately. Next best thing to that was playing on the 1st teams training pitch at Real Madrid training camp against the Real Madrid Legends team.