Sign in to follow this  
keldo

Joe Lewis

I speak to a Posh fan on another forum and his opinion is Lewis is destined to be a top class keeper. Linked with a few moves but never any concrete offers in for him.

What's the opinions on the lad? Found his level in the Championship or could he step up?

No, not in my opinion. He's been playing for a good while and he's decent, but he's learning from Jones who is far better. At Posh, he'll be nothing but an understudy to Jones, so I don't know what he intends to do, and I think they plan on selling him in January if anyone will take him. Jonesy for England!

I'm travelling down to London Road for the cup game on the 8th of Jan as i'm a Sunderland fan. From what i had heard Lewis was a top keeper in the making but i had wondered why no one had come in for him. Will be interesting to see him up close if he plays.

I'm interested in seeing whoever plays in goal for Sunderland, hope it's one of the top three as all are wonderful keepers. Look forward to the match too, no McCann which will not be easy!

Yeah that is one department we are really blessed in.

Craig Gordon is injured and has just started training after 10 months out with knee ligament damage so he won't be playing.

It will most likely be Keiren Westwood. If not then it will be Trevor Carson who is a northern irish U21 international and has been in the full squad aswell, was on loan at Bury earlier this year. Simon Mignolet is out with a broken nose at the minute so he won't be playing unless he recovers quickly. If he plays then look out for a young lad called Ryan Noble. He's a striker who has been scoring boat loads. 11 goals in his last 5 reserve games including 3 hat-tricks in his last 4 games. He has been pushing really hard for a first team place.

Yeah that is one department we are really blessed in.

Craig Gordon is injured and has just started training after 10 months out with knee ligament damage so he won't be playing.

It will most likely be Keiren Westwood. If not then it will be Trevor Carson who is a northern irish U21 international and has been in the full squad aswell, was on loan at Bury earlier this year. Simon Mignolet is out with a broken nose at the minute so he won't be playing unless he recovers quickly. If he plays then look out for a young lad called Ryan Noble. He's a striker who has been scoring boat loads. 11 goals in his last 5 reserve games including 3 hat-tricks in his last 4 games. He has been pushing really hard for a first team place.

Feel a bit sorry for Gordon, he is a decent keeper but his injury record has been shocking lately.

With Wibble taking charge though he has a chance if he ever gets fit again.

To be honest i prefer both Westwood and Mignolet before Gordon.

Gordon is a good shot stopper and thats about it. He flaps at crosses and doesn't command his area well. The defence in front of him never seem very confident when he is in goal and when he is, we always seem to sit very deep. He never looks confident.

That in comparison with Westwood who is very commanding and who comes and collects confidently very regularly. I would have Westwood as my first choice every time. Mignolet is also a very good keeper and has a lot of potential. I would cash in on Gordon while we can. We have Trevor Carson as well who is a very good young keeper so with those 3 there really is no need to have Gordon.