HibeeStopper

Euro 2012 (Keepers, Predictions etc.)

Think the obvious ones are:

- Tim Krul and Michel Vorm - they will be in tough competition for that dutch number 1 jersey, and i my opinion they both deserve it over Steklenberg.

- Wotjiech Szczesny - will impress a lot, seeing as he's also a local to the hosts. Always great to see a bright young talent.

- Igor Akinfeev - will also impress. Like watching the old Casillas in my opinion

- Rene Adler - I think he'll steal Neuer's place an show everyone how good he really is

I think the following will under perform:

- Petr Cech - He's hardly been the same since the head injury, shame really

- Joe Hart - Sorry Engerlish people, he is a good keeper but I just think he's over rated, I mean he's hardly top class.

- Iker Casillas - Same boat as Hart, good but not as good as he's made out to be. Mind you, I can't imagine him having much to do anyway.

- Gianluigi Buffon - I don't think he'll under perform as such, I think he'll get injured and be forced to leave early/not be able to go

My predicted winners - Germany or Spain have it in the bag, but I'll go for the Germans as they're basically playing at home, in fact in the 30's and 40's it was home to them! (Controversial? I know but what the hell)

My predicted under achievers - France, Italy and possibly England

My predicted over achievers - Ireland, Russia and Ukraine

Who am I supporting for it? - Mon The Paddies!!!!!

I'd put Poland in the over achievers too mate, with the mighty Szczesny behind them!

I'd put Poland in the over achievers too mate, with the mighty Szczesny behind them!

I was thinking them as well, will be an interesting tournament. I think Szczesny will defo be a stand out performer, and with Poland being at home they look to be in a good position for Euro.

I would have to agree with you on Joe Hart. He is a very good keeper but not world class. Behind him we have very little top quality to put in between the sticks.

In the current squad behind Hart there is Scott Carson and David Stockdale. Carson i really don't rate, he seems unsure of himself all the time. As for Stockdale he looks promising but definitely not someone you would want to bring on in say a Euro Semi-Final for his first cap.

Apart from those three there is Paul Robinson who would be in my squad but who has retired from international football (i think). Ruddy at Norwich is looking good this season so maybe he might sneak into the squad but who else do England have that has really any experience or the ability to play at that level?

For the future i would tip Jack Butland at Birmingham to possibly make the grade.

I do think your right about either Spain or Germany to win though. I prefer Valdes for the spanish personally. I also think the Dutch have a good shout aswell. As much as it pains me to say it being a Sunderland fan Krul has been performing fantastic at Newcastle and has won them points by himself on some occasions.

I'm expecting a Boruc-esque performance form Szczesny. Definitely think Shay Given will do well if he stays injury free. If he isn't playing, maybe Westwood will.

I would have to agree with you on Joe Hart. He is a very good keeper but not world class. Behind him we have very little top quality to put in between the sticks.

In the current squad behind Hart there is Scott Carson and David Stockdale. Carson i really don't rate, he seems unsure of himself all the time. As for Stockdale he looks promising but definitely not someone you would want to bring on in say a Euro Semi-Final for his first cap.

Apart from those three there is Paul Robinson who would be in my squad but who has retired from international football (i think). Ruddy at Norwich is looking good this season so maybe he might sneak into the squad but who else do England have that has really any experience or the ability to play at that level?

For the future i would tip Jack Butland at Birmingham to possibly make the grade.

I do think your right about either Spain or Germany to win though. I prefer Valdes for the spanish personally. I also think the Dutch have a good shout aswell. As much as it pains me to say it being a Sunderland fan Krul has been performing fantastic at Newcastle and has won them points by himself on some occasions.

That John Ruddy defo looks a talent, however I doubt he will put Hart under any serious pressure for his England position considering their reputation.

I prefer Valdes also, Casillas is certainly a better shot stopper than him. I also think Valdes makes less mistakes (the timing of this post is awful considering the last el classico) but the main point is, Valdes is hands down the best in the world for distribution which is Spains main priority rather than a good stopper, because imo Casillas' distribution is pretty poor.