Sign in to follow this  
DrewScot

Keeping fit over the winter

Hi just wandering dose anyone have any tips over keeping fit over the winter as I'm still at school no more trains for my club until after new year and still at school that its to dark to do anything after school any helps appreciated

Hi just wandering dose anyone have any tips over keeping fit over the winter as I'm still at school no more trains for my club until after new year and still at school that its to dark to do anything after school any helps appreciated

If you're lucky enough to have a grassy back garden, and a light, use that for some drills, with a rebound net or something.

But in the more likely event, maybe look into a gym - the right kind of set of exercises there will help (moderate weights, plyometrics) and there's plenty (myself included) here who'll give advice on what to do.

Apart from that, maybe see if a mate plays on floodlit astro, play with them (i trained with my gf's dad once), or jst go for a jog!

It is tempting to lounge around this christmas,

But let me ask you something: Do you have a routine you stick do day in day out? If so give yourself a break over christmas - spend time with the family, friends etc.

But your best bet is probably going for a little jog - no one in the world who is mobile can have any excuses against that (i just cba lol - i go to the gym, that does me).

Hope i helped

If you're lucky enough to have a grassy back garden, and a light, use that for some drills, with a rebound net or something.

But in the more likely event, maybe look into a gym - the right kind of set of exercises there will help (moderate weights, plyometrics) and there's plenty (myself included) here who'll give advice on what to do.

Apart from that, maybe see if a mate plays on floodlit astro, play with them (i trained with my gf's dad once), or jst go for a jog!

It is tempting to lounge around this christmas,

But let me ask you something: Do you have a routine you stick do day in day out? If so give yourself a break over christmas - spend time with the family, friends etc.

But your best bet is probably going for a little jog - no one in the world who is mobile can have any excuses against that (i just cba lol - i go to the gym, that does me).

Hope i helped

Cheers I generally play football at school for all of lunch and break come home do my homework (during the summer I'll do the same thing but play football after school but because there's no floodlit Astros around me where you can just go and play I normally am limited to my plaing time no more matches no more training ugh torture) I'm to young to go to my local gym next year I'll be Able to I was thinking of trying to go swimming (I'm quite wary over my match fitness because last year I was limited to the Amount of sport I did because I strained my achillis tendon) cheers your avice has been very helpful

P.S. building on what you were saying about lounging around I find that difficult todo because I get bored quickly of being stuck indoors

Cheers I generally play football at school for all of lunch and break come home do my homework (during the summer I'll do the same thing but play football after school but because there's no floodlit Astros around me where you can just go and play I normally am limited to my plaing time no more matches no more training ugh torture) I'm to young to go to my local gym next year I'll be Able to I was thinking of trying to go swimming (I'm quite wary over my match fitness because last year I was limited to the Amount of sport I did because I strained my achillis tendon) cheers your avice has been very helpful

P.S. building on what you were saying about lounging around I find that difficult todo because I get bored quickly of being stuck indoors

Swimming's great, it's good cardio, and it doesn't let your muscles go to mush!

I havn't' been swimming for years! haha