Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

Peak Solar

Glove Make & Model : Peak Solar

Cut : Full negative

Latex : 4mm Touch Latex with 4mm backing to allow comfort on impact without losing control. AQA-EVAP Technology helps channel moisture away from the surface to give maximum grip even in the wettest conditions.

Internal Latex : No

Wrist Strap : 9cm full elastic infused wristband with double wrap elasticated strap for additional wrist support.

Wrist Entry : Neoprene

Glove Body : Full body sublimation on J-Guard mesh to combine design with performance to give the hand the most comfortable of fits

Finger Protection : None

Price : £49.99 plus postage & packaging

Where from : https://store.peakelite.co.uk/collections/gloves/products/solar-pro

First Impressions

Well what can you say about these apart from they are stunning, the sublimation on the mesh is outstanding coupled with the striking orange and black colour way they truly are one of the best looking gloves around at the moment in my opinion. They are quite generous in size so I would say if you normally take a half size go down not up in these. They feel extremely well made with a lovely neoprene wrist entry and couple with the stretch type strap give a secure fit on the wrist. Out the bag they felt ready just to be dampened and used but I opted to give them my usual pre wash. After the pre wash when still damp you could really feel how grippy these are, they are not mega tacky like some gloves but the grip is really good.

Use

I have used these gloves about 8 times in total on a mixture of indoor astro in the dry(obviously) and outdoor astro in the wet. They have also been used on the good old Scottish mud bath pitches we have at this time of year (you’ll see in the pictures). Wearing these gloves has been confidence inspiring in all conditions, the grip is superb in all conditions and as good as any aqua latex I have used (including Aquasoft) The 4mm latex coupled with the 4mm backing gives great shock absorption yet doesn’t sacrifice any feel on the ball. I was expecting these to tear up quite easily being a soft latex but the durability has been unreal, the only way I can fault them is the printed back latex on the backhand has faded due to washing, something Scott at Peak is aware of and is taking steps to ensure it doesn’t happen on the next range.

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks- 10

Fit- 8

Build Quality- 8 purely due to the colour fade on the backhand

Dry Grip - 9

Wet Grip- 9

Durability - 8

Overall 8.67

Conclusion

One of the best gloves I have used in a long time, so refreshing to see a new brand offering new things as well as a quality product. This range was actually put together quite hurriedly and I can’t wait to see what Scott comes out with next when he has more time, whatever he does this glove will take some beating in my opinion. I highly recommend these gloves and sure there are other gloves out there that are cheaper but the durability and quality means that they represent fantastic value in my eyes and do justify the price tag. If anyone has any questions please ask.

Pictures

I’ve added the link to my photobucket album of these as it’s far easier than trying to add the 24 pictures into this file (yes I am a lazy bugger)

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/superstar_tradesmanp100/library/peak%20Solar

I used my pair of these for the first time tonight. I agree that they look cool, fit well and are something different but i wasn't quite as impressed by the wet grip, it was solid enough but not amazing. Will report back when i have used them a few more times though.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:55 PM, Colmster said:

I used my pair of these for the first time tonight. I agree that they look cool, fit well and are something different but i wasn't quite as impressed by the wet grip, it was solid enough but not amazing. Will report back when i have used them a few more times though.

I found these excellent even when caked with mud, I'm sure they'll come good for you