Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

ONEGLOVE GEO MCG REVIEW

ONEGLOVE GEO MCG REVIEW

Glove Make & Model : Oneglove Geo McG

Cut : Hybrid Flatpalm

Latex : 4mm Contact

Internal Latex : No but they do have a silicon inner grip stabiliser

Wrist Strap : Latex with an elastic infused section with window for personalization

Wrist Entry : Bandage

Glove Body : Micromesh, 3D embossed backhand with Liquiproof coating

Finger Protection : None

Price : £39.99 plus postage & packaging

Where from : https://www.theoneglove.com/goalkeeper-gloves-c3/geo-mcg-goalkeeper-gloves-p64

First Impressions

From the moment I saw the new Oneglove range I was impressed, they have really pushed the boundaries with the 3D embossing on the backhand, something that I know they spent a huge amount of time getting right. Oneglove were one of if not the first independent brands that I can think of and if I’m honest their original range didn’t do it for me but then they stepped it up with the range previous to this one before absolutely smashing it out the park with these. They are quite a snug glove this pair were sent to me in an 11 and they fit really well, out the packet and once the film is peeled they are really tacky and good to go without a pre wash. Well worth the rrp.

Use

I have used these around a dozen times now, they have been used on dry astro, wet astro, muddy grass in matches & training. Using these I felt very confident even in the worst of weather/ conditions which once again for me debunks the myth that contact is poor in the wet, a good contact foam in my opinion is up there with the best of them.The 4mm foam gives excellent shock absorption without sacrificing feel and the silicon inner stabilizer is in my opinion better than the nodes on the nike SGT as it’s not as pronounced and annoying as the nike, very similar to the IGS used on the DBX pro range from Sondico. Durabilty has been very good, I got a very very slight bit of rubber crumb rash from the astro but it is barely noticeable. All in all a very comfortable glove that has been great to wear.

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks = 8.5

Fit - 8

Build Quality - 9

Dry Grip - 9

Wet Grip - 8

Durability – 9

Overall - 8.58

Conclusion

A true top level glove which gives great grip, great durability, great comfort along with great looks, what’s not to like. Highly recommend these.

Pictures

Link to my photobucket album of the pictures of these

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/superstar_tradesmanp100/library/Oneglove%20Geo%20MCG

Just a question.

Finally got around to buying a pair of these. Are they ok to pre wash in the machine? I only ask because of the water repellent lining?

Cheers.

Wont be doing that again.

Washed them 30c in a mesh bag on a light wash. And now they aren't waterproof. :-(

On 27/09/2017 at 9:59 AM, Bucks13 said:

Wont be doing that again.

Washed them 30c in a mesh bag on a light wash. And now they aren't waterproof. :-(

Strange, I don't know of anyone thats had any issues with that

8 hours ago, fraserb said:

Strange, I don't know of anyone thats had any issues with that

I am a little surprised I must say.

Wore them for the first time last night. Got my usual size 7. I have to say I find them SLIGHTLY big. If they made a 6.5 they would probably be more ideal. I found my fingers moved around a bit and the silicon strips didn't really help as they were damp from wetting the gloves so actually my fingers felt like they moved around more than normal.

I do have to say though. I am really impressed with the latex on these. I was a little dubious about trying them because I found the Contact Latex on The Nova Type 1s I had awful. Maybe I just got unlucky with a dodgy pair as the latex on these gloves is phenomenal. I have been holding some real screamers and even a few I have gone for one handed I have managed to claw out of the air / stop going towards goal because the latex is so good.

Still find them a little bit big for size and have to wear tubi grip on my wrists otherwise they wouldn't fit properly but really impressed with the grip, shock absorption and durability of the latex on them so far. Think I will try the GEO Zeus as my regular glove.

Taken from my thread, these are my current match gloves... The One Glove Geo McG.

The tackiness has waned slightly but they still grip phenomenally and the padding and shock absorption is second to none. I have used these now in 5 games, all on Goals 4G pitches in mainly dry conditions but last night was a bit slick as it rained yesterday.

As you all can see baring in mind I play on just artificial turf the durability is amazing. Barely a scratch on them.

20171204_120120.jpg

20171204_120112.jpg

20171204_120908.jpg

14 minutes ago, fraserb said:

Great stuff, glad to see I'm not the only one that loves these

I still think they fit slightly big though. :shy: My fingers move around in them even with the silicone strips in the fingers.

1 minute ago, Bucks13 said:

I still think they fit slightly big though. :shy: My fingers move around in them even with the silicone strips in the fingers.

Always a danger with that with a flat palm, I have to say though that these are hands down the best flat palm I've used.

Just now, fraserb said:

Always a danger with that with a flat palm, I have to say though that these are hands down the best flat palm I've used.

I actually really like Flatpalms and it was THE glove you could get when I was a kid. Roll Finger started to come out more when I was sort of 13-14 in the mid to late 90s.

Used a few negative cuts But I have to be honest I don't see all the fuss with them. Give me a roll finger or flat palm over negative cut anyway of the week.

I prefer a negative cut over them all but to be honest I can use any cut, as you say when we were young all you got was a flat palm, now the choice is unreal lol