Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

Transfer News

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, fraserb said:

Game time

The point being is that he's more than happy to sit on the bench at Madrid (weird I know!) than move to England and play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bucks13 said:

The point being is that he's more than happy to sit on the bench at Madrid (weird I know!) than move to England and play.

Don’t understand folk like that, going to Newcastle he’d be busy so a chance to showcase himself whether that be for a move or to displace Navas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fraserb said:

Don’t understand folk like that, going to Newcastle he’d be busy so a chance to showcase himself whether that be for a move or to displace Navas 

Also the fact he has played for Spain before you'd think he might fancy a pop at least of being in the squad. Although I think De Gea, Reina and Kepa is looking pretty settled as their three now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unknown goalkeeper nobody realised had signed for Cardiff City this month

It's been a busy time for Cardiff City lately.

What with talk of the Premier League, injury bulletins and enormous games against promotion rivals, you'd be forgiven for missing one or two things.

Yet what many people have missed is the short-term transfer of a new goalkeeper at Cardiff City Stadium.

Chris Konopka is a name many Bluebirds fans won't be familiar with, but earlier this month he agreed a short-term deal as goalkeeping cover until the end of the season. He is available to play in Under-23 fixtures and in training, but isn't part of the first team Cardiff squad submitted to the Football League.

 

The 32-year-old gloveman, who has spent the majority of career in Major League Soccer, also lists Irish outfit Waterford United and Scottish club Ross County among his former sides. He actually won the 2016 Scottish League Cup with Ross County.

Konopka's first association with Cardiff City came back in the 2006/07 season when he had a trial at Ninian Park, before spells at Kansas City Wizards, New York Red Bulls and Toronto FC in American soccer.

 

The New Jersey-born keeper comes to the Welsh capital as goalkeeping back-up following Lee Camp's loan move to Sunderland. His previous club was FC Edmonton in the North American Soccer League (the second tier of US football).

Much like the short-term signing of Rolf Feltscher earlier in the season, it looks like Konopka has been brought in to allow some rest and competition in training for the regular first teamers.

 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-goalkeeper-chris-konopka-14460892

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salah swap deal?

Liverpool star Mohamed Salah could be heading to Barcelona in a stunning swap deal involving Jasper Cillessen, it’s claimed in Spain.

Salah, 25, has been heavily linked with a move to La Liga in recent months.

And according to Spanish news outlet Don Balon, Barca are willing to offer a mammoth swap deal to land Salah this summer.

They say Nou Camp transfer chiefs are willing to offer £88m (€100m) AND Barca goalkeeper Cillessen.

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/973492/Liverpool-transfer-news-LIVE-Salah-Real-Madrid-Fekir-Alisson-bid-rumours-gossip-news/amp

64A0D7E9-32A6-479A-BB44-A8FBB89466FC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool new goalkeeper search moves to Lazio keeper Thomas Strakosha 

Liverpool have been told Thomas Strakosha will cost £35million, according to reports in Italy.

The Reds have had to rethink their goalkeeping targets this summer after baulking at Roma’s asking price for Alisson. Liverpool had been hoping to seal a deal for Alisson, but the Brazil No.1 now seems set to join Real Madrid instead.

Jurgen Klopp has now moved on to other targets and Lazio stopper Strakosha has shot to the top of the list. Sport Italia claim Liverpool have made contract with Lazio and their interest in the Albanian is serious. Lazio has responded to Liverpool enquiry, and are demanding £35m.

The Italians hope such an asking price will scare Liverpool off as they do not want to sell Strakosha. However, if Liverpool were to return with an offer of £35m or higher, Lazio would be forced to accept.

 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/304878-liverpool-make-contact-with-new-goalkeeper-target

416B4D71-9956-4A6B-A1D4-C105C6E6FBBC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dicko said:

Liverpool new goalkeeper search moves to Lazio keeper Thomas Strakosha 

Liverpool have been told Thomas Strakosha will cost £35million, according to reports in Italy.

The Reds have had to rethink their goalkeeping targets this summer after baulking at Roma’s asking price for Alisson. Liverpool had been hoping to seal a deal for Alisson, but the Brazil No.1 now seems set to join Real Madrid instead.

Jurgen Klopp has now moved on to other targets and Lazio stopper Strakosha has shot to the top of the list. Sport Italia claim Liverpool have made contract with Lazio and their interest in the Albanian is serious. Lazio has responded to Liverpool enquiry, and are demanding £35m.

The Italians hope such an asking price will scare Liverpool off as they do not want to sell Strakosha. However, if Liverpool were to return with an offer of £35m or higher, Lazio would be forced to accept.

 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/304878-liverpool-make-contact-with-new-goalkeeper-target

416B4D71-9956-4A6B-A1D4-C105C6E6FBBC.jpeg

Ridiculous asking price, if Liverpool follow through with this, they need to fire the whole financial department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×