Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

Hi Y'All

Ok so thought I better do one of these again.

I am 36 years old so definitely in the veteran category now. I am married with 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. Im an electrician to trade but now work as a training officer.

Football wise I have played in goal since I was about 5, it's all I've ever really wanted to do despite a few appearances as a striker for my school team.

Youth football wise I played for one of the best juvenile teams at the time in Scotland, North broomage colts. I can count Steven & Gary Caldwell and James Fowler as former team mates. I made my under 11 debut aged 8 and played all the way up to under 16 with them getting to the semi final of the Scottish Cup 3 times, winning numerous leagues and regional cups along the way. I had trials and was on the books of various pro clubs including, Rangers, Hearts, & Falkirk as a youngster.

Always played in the school teams too and my favourite memory with them was winning a national schools tournament playing the final at my favourite stadium (Ibrox) in front of 45,000 people.

I played in numerous county teams and things were going well when I broke my wrist in 2 places at 16 years old.

Relased from Falkirk I got an apprenticeship and then work, women and nights out got in the way of football, I did have a brief spell with Stenhousemuir & then East Stirling but being totally honest my head nor attitude were right.

Made the odd cameo appearance for amateur teams and my dads work team (ringer) but then totally stopped playing until I was 28, made a comeback for a Sunday team, then went Saturdays again playing with mates in division 1 and 2 in our local association.

Currently club captain for my Saturday side and play the odd Sunday's to help a mates team out too although the old body doesn't really appreciate games 2 days in a row now lol

Forum wise I got involved with it in 2010 as a member then moderator and now admin along with the two Brian's and I set up the facebook group page too, it can be found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507034926224958/, it really means a lot to me and hope you guys enjoy it and the FB page as much as i do. Always around and happy to offer advice or an opinion if you want it.

I am an insane glove addict with currently more pairs in my collection than I care to say in case the wife sees, lol

Interests outside football are my kids, swimming, cars and music.

Yours in goalkeeping

Fraserb