Sign in to follow this  
Del Keoper

Pulse P1 Review

The glove has a 4mm contact latex in negative cut with a single wrist strap and come either with or without finger protection. They come in at £25 plus £5 shipping. The gloves come with the usual plastic film on the palm as with most contact latex gloves. I found the film extremely easy to remove compared with some other brands I have used that come with the film attached. Out of the bag (and with the film removed) the gloves are very tacky. I opted for one pre-wash using only warm water and gently rubbing the palms.

Fit & feel:

I’d say the gloves are true to size. I opted for my usual size 10 and they feel nice and snug on my hand with no bagginess on the backhand. The gloves feel very natural on the hand. Being my first pair of negative cut gloves, initially I thought the negative stitching inside the fingers would irritate me, but this was not the case at all. The gloves are very comfortable with no movement when on the hand. Although the wrist strap is only a single, it provides a nice, secure fit around the wrist without having to overtighten or constantly adjust it during use and there is no excess strap hanging around once tightened.

Looks:

These gloves keep it plain and simple. Full white palm and backhand with the Pulse logo in black and a black personalisation strip on the wrist strap. Although I am a fan of gloves which come in different colours, I really liked the simple approach to these.

Performance:

So far I have used the gloves in one 11 a side game (which was in dry conditions on 4g) and I was impressed. The grip right away was extremely good with no time needed to wear them in. As normal, I dampened the palms with some water pre match and topped up as required throughout the game as it was quite a warm day. I found the grip was spot on throughout the match whether it was coming to claim crosses or dealing with shots I had complete confidence in the gloves. The 4mm latex provides good shock absorption for the more powerful shots, without taking away any of the feel of the ball.

I have also used these for one training session, which was in slightly wet conditions and again I have been impressed. The grip was great again and no movement on the hands when the gloves got wet and muddy. Again I found that the shock absorption was very good and I felt like I was getting good contact on the ball.

Durability:

As I have only used the gloves a couple of times, I cant provide much informaton on the durability. There are some slight marks around the fingertips, which is consistent with most gloves used when playing or training on astro. I will provide a further update on the durability once I have had more use out of them.

Value for money:

These gloves come in at £25 plus £5 shipping. Although it is a simple colourway/design, there has been a lot of work put in to making these gloves right. The grip, fit and comfort of these gloves are all very good, which in my opinion, is essential when buying a glove. My initial thoughts are that I think these gloves will compete well with some of the top brands and for £30 all in these are an absolute steal.

Looks: 4.5/5

Fit & Feel 4.5/5

Performance: 4.5/5

Durability: N/A – Will update when I have had more use from the gloves.

Value for money: 5/5

Overall: 4.75/5

Good review but as a rule you can't really do a full until you've used them atleast 5 times ideally in a mix of conditions and surfaces so you can give a full balanced opinion of them. Too many folk after one or two uses profess gloves to be the best things since sliced bread(not saying that's what you've done mate) 

On 7/18/2017 at 9:42 AM, fraserb said:

Good review but as a rule you can't really do a full until you've used them atleast 5 times ideally in a mix of conditions and surfaces so you can give a full balanced opinion of them. Too many folk after one or two uses profess gloves to be the best things since sliced bread(not saying that's what you've done mate) 

Yeah mate we spoke about this when I originally done it and done an update before the forum lost all the content. I hadn't saved the updated version so thought I'd post this anyway.