Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

19 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

Probably because one of my team mates was moaning at me afterwards. Lol.

Tell them to away and concentrate on their own game

Grrr... No game tonight. Called off as the opposition cannot field a side. Seriously getting fed up with this 5 a side nonsense, also considering trying to persuade the wife to let me go back playing 11 a side to be honest.

We played Newman FC this week. A team we had played 4 weeks previously in a friendly. We ran out comfortable 12-6 winners and to be honest that scoreline flattered them. It could easily have been about 25-0 in all honesty but we took our foot off the peddle and gifted them a couple of soft late goals.

Overall I didn't have a lot to do. A couple of one on one's but I did gift them a couple with some poor roll outs and one which was virtually hit straight at me and it hit my hand and went in. A bit annoying and again annoyed with myself. I keep telling myself it will be ok with games and to be fair to myself in 14 weeks I have been back playing we have played 6 games so its not even been a game every two weeks thus far. So it's probably not helping me get a rhythm or consistency. Also I am at least a stone over weight at the momentso I really need to put some effort in as I feel slow and sluggish and not reacting anywhere near fast enough right now.

Next Sunday we face Struggling Albion who look like our chief title rivals. Both teams on 9 points with third place back on 3. It would be nice to gain the advantage and go 3 ahead with one more game until the league halfway stage the week after.

As an aside I don't like to blame equipment, but fair to say I won't be using the One Glove Stealth Invictus I wore again (had them about 2 years now). I literally couldn't keep hold of anything, even really basic shots in the warm up I was spilling.

Kit: All Black 2016/17 Bayer Leverkusen kit.

Gloves: The One Glove Stealth Invictus (Original Model).

Boots: Puma Evopower 4.3s Red / Black.

I agree with the Invictus. Great shot stopping gloves as they are padded really well. But the grip isn't great at all, cant catch a whole lot. 

I found mine improved when dirty or wet. Seemed to bring them to life a bit more. 

Great looking glove though, goes well with the black kits I like to wear.  

Looking for some inspiration for Sunda. Not exactly been a great come back so far and we have arguably our biggest game of this season coming up against the team most likely to be our rivals for winning the division. What kit do you guys think I should go for on Sunday?

Photobucket not letting me upload pics. Either All Red kit or Black Shirt with White Shorts and Socks.

Both to be worn with Adidas Copa Mundials and One Glove Pulse NGTs. 

5 hours ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Out of interest. Where do you buy all these different kits from? That Bilbao one is really nice. 

It's Sevilla. ;-) Lol.

And funnily enough from the Sevilla / Bayer Leverkusen online shops. Haha.

Won 8-3 tonight against Struggling Albion. Arguably one of the finest team performances we have had since I set the team up as well. We were 5-0 up then slipped to 5-3 late on but two quick goals settled the nerves and we scored with the last kick of the game to round off the result against our closest rivals and move 3 points clear. Also good news is GOALS is shut over Xmas and New Year so we won't miss any games and thus won't forfeit games.

Personally I done ok. A few smart stops and I didn't really have a chance with any of their goals either which made a nice change. I can still feel in the warm up I am reacting slowly to the point I start diving too early to try and anticipate the shot. Distribution was massively better today, mainly because I wasn't trying to force the play and actually thought about where I was putting the ball first.

Kit: Blue Bayer Leverkusen Fourth Kit.

Gloves: The One Glove Geo McG's.

Boots: Puma Evopower 4.3s Red / Black.

Screenshot_20171203_170238.jpg

Not going to crash your review thread Fraser but these are my current match gloves... The One Glove Geo McG.

The tackiness has waned slightly but they still grip phenomenally and the padding and shock absorption is second to none. I have used these now in 5 games, all on Goals 4G pitches in mainly dry conditions but last night was a bit slick as it rained yesterday.

As you all can see baring in mind I play on just artificial turf the durability is amazing. Barely a scratch on them.

20171204_120120.jpg

20171204_120112.jpg

20171204_120908.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bucks13 said:

Not going to crash your review thread Fraser but these are my current match gloves... The One Glove Geo McG.

The tackiness has waned slightly but they still grip phenomenally and the padding and shock absorption is second to none. I have used these now in 5 games, all on Goals 4G pitches in mainly dry conditions but last night was a bit slick as it rained yesterday.

As you all can see baring in mind I play on just artificial turf the durability is amazing. Barely a scratch on them.

20171204_120120.jpg

20171204_120112.jpg

20171204_120908.jpg

Mate could you please add that to my review thread, it's easier and better for others to see feedback from more than one person. Would be most appreciated mate

2 hours ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Sorry lol Thought it was Bilbao. They have exactly the same GK kit. 

Looks like Bilbao sell a blue version of that shirt. Can only find pictures of Arrizabalaga in the Blue shirt or a Grey one.

Saying that Sevilla have the Black one and I also have the Pinky  / Orange Sevilla one. But Sergio Rico has also worn a Grey keeper kit and a Blue one too.

Just ordered these Gloves and Boots to start wearing from 2018, the new Adidas Predator Range. Fingertip gloves and 18.3 AF boots. Also got them embroidered (both!) with I.J.B my Dad's initials.

Unfortunately my Dad passed away in April 2017 after a short illness. He was my biggest fan and always supported me throughout my "career" and always bigger me up about my Goalkeeping ability to anyone and everyone he ever met. :-D

As for the boots / gloves. I have worn Predators practically every year until they stopped making them in 2015. And Fingertips are my favourite glove model of all time.

166810.jpg

170141.jpg

A couple of sneak peaks as I don't plan to use and thus review them until 2018. I do have to say VERY briefly though if I was still playing 11 a side these would probably be near on unwearable they are that BIG for size. Funny the gloves are so big yet I could barely get my hand through the wrist entry. Lol.

20171209_094846.jpg

20171209_100526.jpg

20171209_100538.jpg

20171209_100546.jpg

29 minutes ago, Bucks13 said:

A couple of sneak peaks as I don't plan to use and thus review them until 2018. I do have to say VERY briefly though if I was still playing 11 a side these would probably be near on unwearable they are that BIG for size. Funny the gloves are so big yet I could barely get my hand through the wrist entry. Lol.

20171209_094846.jpg

20171209_100526.jpg

20171209_100538.jpg

20171209_100546.jpg

So drop a size in these then? 

9 minutes ago, fraserb said:

So drop a size in these then? 

This is a size 7. The smallest they do. Although if you are an 8 or bigger I do highly suggest dropping a full size.

• Like 1

Oh my word what a frustrating evening... So at one point we were down to 5 players then I managed to get 1. Then just before kick off we had 9 players (only allowed 8 for a 5 a side team). 6:45 kick off the manager gets a text at 6:42 from the opposition saying they aren't turning up. 5-0 white wash to us... Half way through the season 5 Wins from 5.

So we found one extra man and played 5 v 5. I have to say I don't know if it was the lack.of a warm up or just the fact it was a friendly but I was absolutely appalling! I am so glad we didn't have a league game with the way I played. I was actually embarrassed with how I performed and let in probably 8 goals I should have saved in an 11-10 win for the team I was on. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!

In some better news Struggling Albion the team who are second only drew tonight so we are now 5 points clear with 5 games to play. Sutton on Tour next week.

Last game before Christmas tonight. Hoping to end the year on a decent performance. Got a strong team out tonight so here's hoping. :)

Already decided I will be going with the Red Palace kit, One Glove McG's and Adidas Copas.

Will break in my new Adidas Predator gloves and boots in 2018. The boots are a bit tight at the moment so I need to wear them in a bit.

A 10-4 victory for us last night and well deserved really. 6-1 up at half time we did make it difficult for ourselves at one point going to 7-4 in a crazy 5 minute spell where everyone seemed to lose their composure a bit.

Still personally it was one of my better games. Made a few smart stops including one full stretch that I have been told was going top corner. And some decent one on one saves too. Three of their four goals were shots that came from behind defenders. Still frustrating to concede so many but a better performance even if some of my distribution was lacklustre tonight, but I put some of that down to the fact my players weren't moving or looking for the ball.

We now sit top of the league (still!) and 8 points clear as Struggling Albion lost again. 4 games left to play we need one more win to Guarantee Promotion. Beat Struggling Albion in our next game (weird Goals way of sorting fixtures!) and we win the League too as we will be 11 points ahead with 3 games to play. We are virtually promoted anyway as BooNK gANG who we were supposed to play last week pulled out so our game on 14th January is a 5-0 Walkover unless suddenly a new team joins. Next game now is the 7th January so I need to find a way to keep myself fit and in shape over the next 3 weeks really.

Kit: Red 2017/18 Crystal Palace Goalkeeper Shirt and Socks with Black padded West Coast Goalkeeping 3/4 length trousers.

Boots: Adidas Copa Mundials.

7 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

t some of that down to the fact my players weren't moving or looking for the ball.

We now sit top of the league (still!) and 8 points clear as Struggling Albion lost again. 4 games left to play we need one more win to Guarantee Promotion. Beat Struggling Albion in our next game (weird Goals way of sorting fixtures!) and we win the League too as we will be 11 points ahead with 3 games to play. We are virtually promoted anyway as BooNK gANG who we were

7 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

A 10-4 victory for us last night and well deserved really. 6-1 up at half time we did make it difficult for ourselves at one point going to 7-4 in a crazy 5 minute spell where everyone seemed to lose their composure a bit.

Still personally it was one of my better games. Made a few smart stops including one full stretch that I have been told was going top corner. And some decent one on one saves too. Three of their four goals were shots that came from behind defenders. Still frustrating to concede so many but a better performance even if some of my distribution was lacklustre tonight, but I put some of that down to the fact my players weren't moving or looking for the ball.

We now sit top of the league (still!) and 8 points clear as Struggling Albion lost again. 4 games left to play we need one more win to Guarantee Promotion. Beat Struggling Albion in our next game (weird Goals way of sorting fixtures!) and we win the League too as we will be 11 points ahead with 3 games to play. We are virtually promoted anyway as BooNK gANG who we were supposed to play last week pulled out so our game on 14th January is a 5-0 Walkover unless suddenly a new team joins. Next game now is the 7th January so I need to find a way to keep myself fit and in shape over the next 3 weeks really.

Kit: Red 2017/18 Crystal Palace Goalkeeper Shirt and Socks with Black padded West Coast Goalkeeping 3/4 length trousers.

Boots: Adidas Copa Mundials.

Sounds like a good game. Only conceding 4 is a good effort in 5 aside!

On a side note, used my new GEO MCG for the first time last week. Great glove, the grip is amazing but I was most impressed with how secure and padded they were! I felt so confident using them, especially for a flat palm which I sometimes struggle with.