Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

Well done on the last game before Xmas, I played Monday night and managed to get injured after a wee scrote stamped my ankle late. It's up like a balloon now.

54 minutes ago, fraserb said:

Well done on the last game before Xmas, I played Monday night and managed to get injured after a wee scrote stamped my ankle late. It's up like a balloon now.

My shin is so sore at the moment. I have stopped wearing shin pads in recent weeks as I just don't like wearing them for 5 a side.

One of their players laid it across the box and another came charging in to shoot. I just went full spread arms and legs everywhere and straight through him shin on shin. To be fair we got the FK as the contact was inside the box. He also went flying miles! Lol.

Still bloody hurt though.

So there it is chaps... An 8-6 victory means that we clinch the League with 3 games left to play. It's fair to say you could tell we hadn't played in 3 weeks as we were a bit slow off the mark. Personally I thought I done alright and didn't really have a chance with any of their goals apart from maybe a bit of positioning but that's probably down again to not playing for 3 weeks.

Wore my Adidas Ace Trans Fingertips tonight. I have to say wow! I have used Adidas for years but this latex is something else. Not even just holding the ball. There were a couple of saves I made where I stopped the ball dead or rolled my hand over the top of the ball and it stopped it going under all due to the latex. Wouldn't get that with other gloves that's for sure. I hope everyone had a great New Year.

Kit: Red Crystal Palace Shirt and Socks, with Black West Coast Goalkeeping padded 3/4 length trousers.

Gloves: Adidas Ace Trans Fingertips (Aqua).

Boots: Adidas Predator 18.3 AFs.

No game this week. We were due to play a friendly at 6pm but our opposition pulled out about 3:30.

A game tonight and we made real hard work of it. However a 4-2 Win and the three points is all that matters. For me personally I was getting wound up in the warm up until I decided on a new tact. I am only 5'7" so thought getting low wasnt an issue. But I find if I stand up like I would in 11 a side I struggle to get down to low shots in 5s. So I decided to get lower... And guess what... I saved more shots. It seems that playing 5s really is completely different to 11 a side from a Goalkeeping situation. I find getting lower I can watch the ball and react better. Is that normal? Feeling still I should be doing better from a standard set position.

Their two goals... First one was a ball across the box. My player should have cut it out but left it and their player had a tap in at the far post.

Second goal was a classic shutting off just after we scored to go 2-1 Up, their player lost his man and drilled it low into the far bottom corner.

Kit: Orange Bayer Leverkusen Goalkeeper Kit.

Last game of the season against Newman FC. Having played them once in a friendly and once in a league game in the last 4 months we knew we could beat them but we had struggled to contain a young team from scoring against us before. However we ran out 13-1 winners, although they did have quite a few chances and I made some decent saves, but I must admit I was gutted to concede especially as it was a typically us goal to concede, one player failed to pick up a run around the back and their guy got loose and shot across me into the far bottom corner.

So we finish the season with 10 wins from 10 games... And we ended up with the best Defence across both divisions conceding 24 goals, which for me is a great personal achievement.

On to the new season and it is looking like we will be in one big division of 10 teams rather than two divisions of 5 which for me works better, and I have set the team the aim of finishing top 3 whether it is one division or two. Realistically we should be pushing to win the League but it all depends on what team we get out and who the opposition field. Either way a great end to a successfully first season as the newly formed Cheam Royale.

Kit: Blue Bayer Leverkusen Fourth Kit.

So first game of the new season in the Premier Division. We started against a team called The Mighty Ducks. I knew nothing about them but apparently we played them when I was on hiatus. Anyway the result probably says all you need to know, a 1-20 victory for us to stamp our authority from the off. Their goal was a ball across and our player didn't track their man and it was a little toe punt almost between my legs as I closed the guy on the edge of the area.

I didn't have a lot to do but I did make one very good full stretch save in the second half and a couple of decent one on one's, I made some low stops but parried them only half clear. I think I just need to get used to the different gloves. The cut and latex are different to the Adidas I have been using and I reckon I would have held them had I been wearing those gloves. Anyway no issues I am sure it will come together with a couple more uses.

Kit: Orange Bayer Leverkusen Goalkeeper Kit.

Gloves: Nike VG3 Promo Fire Pack (Red).

Boots: Nike Hypervenom Phelon FG Fire Pack (Red).

20180203_111716.jpg

Sooooo yesterday was interesting, we played DM FC a team we have never played as their first season they got promoted as we got relegated. Anyway it was a tough game to begin with but one of their players is also a ref at Goals and he seemed to think he had a sense of entitlement. Anyway the game was 1-1 at half time... We took the lead but conceded to that guy who fooled me with a little dummy and shot to my left as I moved right and couldn't adjust.

At half time I made rhe point of telling our boys not to try to force it and to play our natural game. Within seconds of the kick off a couple of swift passes and we were 2-1 up. Then 3 and 4... Anyway we went 6-1 up then had a mad 3 minutes where we gifted them 3 goals... Second goal the guy shot and again I seemed to double guess myself and dived too early, got a hand on it as I was going the wrong way but it went in. Then almost straight away we gifted the ball one on one I came to close but could only got a hand to it. Fourth goal I conceded was a shot through a crowd of players, got a toe to it but not enough. I did make a few decent saves including one on one's and in the end it was in vain. We went on to lead 9-4 when it all started getting a bit first, their div of a guy was sin binned then he came on and started trying to start on our player again, and it all got a little unsavoury and ended up in a mass brawl (after he had tried fighting two of our subs when sin binned), needless to say when the ref tried to restore order and it calmed down a bit the guy tried to start a fight again and the ref abandoned the game and awarded us a 5-0 victory. :-D Lol. Oh and the guy who works for Goals now has a 6 week ban from playing there. What an idiot!!!

I don't think I played too badly considering I didn't even land back from Leverkusen, Germany until 15:40 yesterday afternoon.

Kit: Blue Bayer Leverkusen Fourth Kit.

Gloves: Nike VG3 Promo Fire Pack (Red).

Boots: Nike Hypervenom Phelon FG Fire Pack (Red).

FB_IMG_1518479479367.jpg
image hosting api

Decided to return to 11 a side after 2.5 years out. Had a couple of offers bit decided to join Erskine Rovers in the Leatherhead and District league rather than return to Rosehill Athletic who I have played for in two previous spells.

Pretty happy with my decision, the team seem like a great bunch and decent standard too. Only had a couple of training sessions so far but the manager seems impressed with what I have to offer and that's in spite of struggling with a wrist injury for the best part of 6 weeks now. Can save shots but it hurts when trying to get back off the floor.

Of course I have got yet another kit to use when the season starts, the rather natty Green one a lot of teams wore at the World Cup, as well as the new Red Adidas one. Got a pair of the Uhlsport AeroRed Supergrips in the Finger Surround cut as my main match gloves but been using the Uhlsport Tensiongreen HN Absolutgrips for training, which I had been using in 5 a side at Goals. Got to say I am impressed with them. I know the Absolutgrip is a top end but I guess they are kind of a take down model but still excellent.

Boots wise I picked up a couple of pairs of the Cold Blooded Adidas Predator 18.1s in the sale so I'm all ready and raring to go.

• Like 1

Great stuff mate, for me though absolutgrip is better than supergrip as the super is not great in the wet so I wouldn’t say they are a take down mate lol 

55 minutes ago, fraserb said:

Great stuff mate, for me though absolutgrip is better than supergrip as the super is not great in the wet so I wouldn’t say they are a take down mate lol 

I have Supergrip for Dry and Aquagrip for when it's wet. ;-)

I have enjoyed using the Absoluts though. I can't remember the last time I used a pair of gloves so much that the latex actually starts flaking off. Usually I end up changing gloves after a couple of uses.

Actually saying that, probably my 2009 and 2014 Nike VG3s I used that much.

• Like 1

The manager was away today so we had another "training session" which was just a 3 touch match again. I don't mind but today I felt a little off the pace, not sure if it was just because of the heat or what.

Would be nice at some point to get to work with my back line as we have done none of that yet. In fact I had to ask my mate who was the one who invited me down who actually plays as the back 4 as I had no idea to be honest.

Season starts 16th September so we only have 5 more Sunday's... Guessing we will play at least 3 pre season friendlies although that doesn't seem enough to me.

The main thing for me I want to work on is positioning etc. Bit hard when playing on a short pitch with no markings. Shot stopping, one on ones and kicking all seem to be where they need to be, but it's hard to judge starting position and coming out for balls over the top and that could cause a few problems especially as I say I haven't done any work with my back 4 as yet either. I have no idea how they play, or what they expect of me.

Getting really frustrated with myself in training at the moment. I feel like the last two weeks I have been reacting half a second too late and letting in a load of shots I should be saving. Also keep getting nutmegged which has literally never been a problem before. So frustrating!

Don't worry so much about it. I find the more I think about what i'm doing wrong i end up making more mistakes. 

No keeper is on form week in week out, especially at training. 

When i suffered from a spat of nutmegs in games (Mainly 5-7 aside) I looked at keeper videos of de gea, he almost plays like a ice hockey keeper when guys shoot from close and at my legs. That has helped me immensely and has the added affect of keeping you on your feet ready for any other shot that comes in. 

Yeah I did think about watching other keepers. Might give it a try.