Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

What a gutting game today... Even if I do say so myself I was quite outstanding and kept my score in the game with 6 or 7 very good saves. If we could finish we would have been out of sight after 15 minutes but wasteful in front of goal and trying to walk the ball into the net meant that in the end we fell 1-0 to a goal around the 75 minute mark. A ball through much like the two late goals last match and the defence stopped calling offside... I had a decision to make, come or hold off, in the end I went out to meet the forward after a heavy touch, I slid for the ball and he just nicked it past me as I was virtually there and that was that. So annoying!

Apart from he saves I still need to work on communication with the defence but it would help if I didn't have a back 4 every game so far. Kicking was decent despite my hip / groin playing up. Add to that my neck is still not right and my thumb took 2 shots in the warm up before I realised it hadn't healed from last week. So I'm a bit walking wounded at the moment but I hold my own head high despite the crappy result. I did change my technique a bit this week though after a video I watched that got me thinking and I felt a lot more comfortable with it.

Kit: All Black Nike Kit.

7746-1181.jpg

7752-1181.jpg

7755-1181.jpg

Boots: White Adidas Predator 18.1 SGs.

170247.jpg?imwidth=768

Gloves: Pope's Captor Pure.

IMG_20180922_WA0018.jpg

Thankfully I had a couple of late saves to make today otherwise Id have been thoroughly pissed off. We ended up winning 14-1 But until right near the end they had scored from their only shot on target from a complete balls up by our midfield. A quick short throw resulted in us kicking the ball out, they took their throw and our central mids both went for the ball and go in each other's way, the ball fell to the opposition player who took a touch and was in on goal, which he bent in from about 16 yards out. Other than that I had only a few gathers to make. Late on I had one one on one  save then a shot across me which I saved with my right hand.

Kicking was a bit hit and miss today but my hip is so fucked at the moment and then I hurt my thumb again late on catching a "shot" from long range. I'm the walking wounded at the moment. You can tell the opposition were playing their first game ever today, they were absolutely awful. I'll  be surprised if they do not finish bottom this season by an absolute mile.

Kit: All Orange Nike Kit.

csm_N919771-817_D1_253740ab6c.jpg

csm_N919785-817-D2_56aea316f7.jpg

csm_NPSK084-817_4352bf2457.jpg

Boots: White Adidas Predator 18.1 SGs.

170247.jpg?imwidth=768

IMG_20180922_WA0018.jpg

Do you rate the preds Bucks? Looking at grabbing the new flashy Pink ones. But I'm sceptical of the weird looking toe box.

4 hours ago, GKJacob said:

Do you rate the preds Bucks? Looking at grabbing the new flashy Pink ones. But I'm sceptical of the weird looking toe box.

I'd say I am still not quite sure of them. I have been getting on a bit better with the SG version of them with the PU studs, but the FG version I have struggled with. Seem to kick better in my old Ace 15s.

Probably doesn't help though I have aggravated my old hip / groin injury too.

What a strange game today, playing Alexandra United Irons who were top of the league. I have to say despite our slow start really there isn't many teams in our league so far we should really fear. We ended up drawing 3-3, the ref was absolutely useless and even though it swung one way then the other at times I think we can feel hard done by not to have got the 3 points.

First half started well and we were on top, I didn't have much to do early doors. Then I pulled out a top corner save. Luckily though as it was a cross cum shot and I was going to leave it as I thought it was going wide, then last second I thought what if someone is coming round the back to head in so I dived full stretch and clawed it out for a corner. Luckily I did as it was going about a food inside the post... Lol.

Oppo went 1-0 up, Centre Back played the ball back to me, I had loads of time, went to play the ball out to the right wing but completely shanked it to their Centre mid, who played it through, trouble was the position of the sun as the forward, my CB and the ball came towards me they all just looked like silhouettes. I came out and the guy dinked it just past my right foot into the bottom corner. Afterwards one of my players said the CB could have cut it out but let thr ball run behind him. That was it first half.

Second half we started fast, a goal kick from me flicked on by the AMC, then the striker played in our left mid who rolled it past their keeper, 1-1.

End to end action then our striker got the ball, surrounded by 4 of their players he held it up, managed to wriggle free into a bit of space, then from 35 yards smashed it straight over the keeper to make it 1-2 to us. They came straight back and their left mid hit a shot across me that I saved with my left arm and leg and my Left Back cleared. In the end we got trapped in under a barrage of corners and long throws. Eventually pressure told and a very long throw I went for and must have missed by centimetres was smashed in with his head by their CB at the back post. 2-2.

Again end to end then we got a free kick 35 yards out, our striker lined it up and hit it high straight over their keeper again top corner... 2-3.

Then controversy... One of our CBs got cramp and had to go off. A CM dropped back, ball down our left by line, no idea where our Left Back was but CB tried to see it out, their played went sliding straight through the back of him... Should have been a free kick and a card, player got up, ref waved play on, HOW?! Squared the ball, their forward took a touch which wrong footed the other CB, shot, I dived away to my right and parried it away, unfortunately everyone was so incensed by the "foul" that no one was concentrating or following up and one of their players came in to tap into the empty net. I tried desperately to get up and across but in truth I wasn't even close. 3-3.

In the ensuing arguments I ended up booked. No idea how, 6 or 7 of our players surrounded the ref, swearingat him, in his face, I went over and said "ref you don't know what you are doing!", after it calmed down he called me over and booked me. WTF?!?!?!

In the end the game died out, still time for one of our players to get sent off... Arguing with the ref then as he went to book him Harry walked away muttering, "What a wanker!", and got a straight red.

The ref was useless though, he failed to give us a blatant penalty after their keeper spilled one first half, our forward took it past him and he brought him down. Then one of their players was running with our RB, fell over his own foot, ref gave a free kick, the player got up and said no ref it wasn't a foul I fell over my own foot... Still have them a free kick... And this guy was being assessed by the League Refs assessor today! Wow!

Anyway onwards and upwards and the Surrey Cup for us away next week to Sanderstead Reserves.

Kit: All Black Nike Kit.

Boots: Adidas Ace 15.1 SGs.

No game Sunday. Turns out the team we were supposed to be playing in the Surrey Cup have folded, so we have a Bye into Round 2. And the only team in our Division without a game won't play as they have told their players last week they wouldn't have a game. A bit annoying and hoping there is some sort of training or something going on to tide us over rather than just taking a week off.

So frustrating not having a game today. Hopefully we can start picking up a few results now and drag ourselves back into the title race. We are 7 points off top with a game in hand right now.