Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

What a gutting game today... Even if I do say so myself I was quite outstanding and kept my score in the game with 6 or 7 very good saves. If we could finish we would have been out of sight after 15 minutes but wasteful in front of goal and trying to walk the ball into the net meant that in the end we fell 1-0 to a goal around the 75 minute mark. A ball through much like the two late goals last match and the defence stopped calling offside... I had a decision to make, come or hold off, in the end I went out to meet the forward after a heavy touch, I slid for the ball and he just nicked it past me as I was virtually there and that was that. So annoying!

Apart from he saves I still need to work on communication with the defence but it would help if I didn't have a back 4 every game so far. Kicking was decent despite my hip / groin playing up. Add to that my neck is still not right and my thumb took 2 shots in the warm up before I realised it hadn't healed from last week. So I'm a bit walking wounded at the moment but I hold my own head high despite the crappy result. I did change my technique a bit this week though after a video I watched that got me thinking and I felt a lot more comfortable with it.

Kit: All Black Nike Kit.

7746-1181.jpg

7752-1181.jpg

7755-1181.jpg

Boots: White Adidas Predator 18.1 SGs.

170247.jpg?imwidth=768

Gloves: Pope's Captor Pure.

IMG_20180922_WA0018.jpg

Thankfully I had a couple of late saves to make today otherwise Id have been thoroughly pissed off. We ended up winning 14-1 But until right near the end they had scored from their only shot on target from a complete balls up by our midfield. A quick short throw resulted in us kicking the ball out, they took their throw and our central mids both went for the ball and go in each other's way, the ball fell to the opposition player who took a touch and was in on goal, which he bent in from about 16 yards out. Other than that I had only a few gathers to make. Late on I had one one on one  save then a shot across me which I saved with my right hand.

Kicking was a bit hit and miss today but my hip is so fucked at the moment and then I hurt my thumb again late on catching a "shot" from long range. I'm the walking wounded at the moment. You can tell the opposition were playing their first game ever today, they were absolutely awful. I'll  be surprised if they do not finish bottom this season by an absolute mile.

Kit: All Orange Nike Kit.

csm_N919771-817_D1_253740ab6c.jpg

csm_N919785-817-D2_56aea316f7.jpg

csm_NPSK084-817_4352bf2457.jpg

170247.jpg?imwidth=768

IMG_20180922_WA0018.jpg

Do you rate the preds Bucks? Looking at grabbing the new flashy Pink ones. But I'm sceptical of the weird looking toe box.

4 hours ago, GKJacob said:

Do you rate the preds Bucks? Looking at grabbing the new flashy Pink ones. But I'm sceptical of the weird looking toe box.

I'd say I am still not quite sure of them. I have been getting on a bit better with the SG version of them with the PU studs, but the FG version I have struggled with. Seem to kick better in my old Ace 15s.

Probably doesn't help though I have aggravated my old hip / groin injury too.

What a strange game today, playing Alexandra United Irons who were top of the league. I have to say despite our slow start really there isn't many teams in our league so far we should really fear. We ended up drawing 3-3, the ref was absolutely useless and even though it swung one way then the other at times I think we can feel hard done by not to have got the 3 points.

First half started well and we were on top, I didn't have much to do early doors. Then I pulled out a top corner save. Luckily though as it was a cross cum shot and I was going to leave it as I thought it was going wide, then last second I thought what if someone is coming round the back to head in so I dived full stretch and clawed it out for a corner. Luckily I did as it was going about a food inside the post... Lol.

Oppo went 1-0 up, Centre Back played the ball back to me, I had loads of time, went to play the ball out to the right wing but completely shanked it to their Centre mid, who played it through, trouble was the position of the sun as the forward, my CB and the ball came towards me they all just looked like silhouettes. I came out and the guy dinked it just past my right foot into the bottom corner. Afterwards one of my players said the CB could have cut it out but let thr ball run behind him. That was it first half.

Second half we started fast, a goal kick from me flicked on by the AMC, then the striker played in our left mid who rolled it past their keeper, 1-1.

End to end action then our striker got the ball, surrounded by 4 of their players he held it up, managed to wriggle free into a bit of space, then from 35 yards smashed it straight over the keeper to make it 1-2 to us. They came straight back and their left mid hit a shot across me that I saved with my left arm and leg and my Left Back cleared. In the end we got trapped in under a barrage of corners and long throws. Eventually pressure told and a very long throw I went for and must have missed by centimetres was smashed in with his head by their CB at the back post. 2-2.

Again end to end then we got a free kick 35 yards out, our striker lined it up and hit it high straight over their keeper again top corner... 2-3.

Then controversy... One of our CBs got cramp and had to go off. A CM dropped back, ball down our left by line, no idea where our Left Back was but CB tried to see it out, their played went sliding straight through the back of him... Should have been a free kick and a card, player got up, ref waved play on, HOW?! Squared the ball, their forward took a touch which wrong footed the other CB, shot, I dived away to my right and parried it away, unfortunately everyone was so incensed by the "foul" that no one was concentrating or following up and one of their players came in to tap into the empty net. I tried desperately to get up and across but in truth I wasn't even close. 3-3.

In the ensuing arguments I ended up booked. No idea how, 6 or 7 of our players surrounded the ref, swearingat him, in his face, I went over and said "ref you don't know what you are doing!", after it calmed down he called me over and booked me. WTF?!?!?!

In the end the game died out, still time for one of our players to get sent off... Arguing with the ref then as he went to book him Harry walked away muttering, "What a wanker!", and got a straight red.

The ref was useless though, he failed to give us a blatant penalty after their keeper spilled one first half, our forward took it past him and he brought him down. Then one of their players was running with our RB, fell over his own foot, ref gave a free kick, the player got up and said no ref it wasn't a foul I fell over my own foot... Still have them a free kick... And this guy was being assessed by the League Refs assessor today! Wow!

Anyway onwards and upwards and the Surrey Cup for us away next week to Sanderstead Reserves.

Kit: All Black Nike Kit.

Boots: Adidas Ace 15.1 SGs.

No game Sunday. Turns out the team we were supposed to be playing in the Surrey Cup have folded, so we have a Bye into Round 2. And the only team in our Division without a game won't play as they have told their players last week they wouldn't have a game. A bit annoying and hoping there is some sort of training or something going on to tide us over rather than just taking a week off.

So frustrating not having a game today. Hopefully we can start picking up a few results now and drag ourselves back into the title race. We are 7 points off top with a game in hand right now.

Played indoors last night. Wish I hadn't, was really average and we have a big game this Sunday.

A fine result today in what was an even affair for the most part we found ourselves 2-0 down to SCR Reserves with 20 minutes to play and came back to win 2-3. In a game I didn't have a lot to do really just clearing up balls. 0-0 at half time.

A few tip overs but as I say no major saves, first goal swung across from our left, Centre Mid should have hooked it clear but to mine and my RBs despair he left the ball and it went straight to their Right Mid who took a touch and drilled it low. It was one of those where I got an arm to it but not sure if I should have done better, or was just a bit unlucky.

Second goal the ball was switched across the pitch, our LB was caught out of position, he got back but the man back heeled it to a team mate unmarked who took a touch and again drilled it low past my dive.

Still as I say we got the win due to our set pieces. To be fair I claim part of it as I purposely told the captain to go Down hill and with the sun behind us second half. I'd like to think both played a part. Hip is still got great and kicks from the ground are really suffering at the moment.

Kit: All Black Nike Kit 

Gloves: Adidas Predator Hybrid's.

And back down to Earth with a resounding bump. We lost 3-4 after extra time... 3-2 up in injury time and our players tried to go for goal... Conceded with the last kick of the game to go to extra time and then our team were just gone. Most of extra time the opposition were all over us and in the end with 5 minutes to go they scored the winner.

I made a few decent saves today including tipping over a pile driver of a free kick I initially went the wrong way for. Although I seem to find one on one I'm not doing as well as I should. First goal we failed to clear a corner properly and their CB swept it bottom corner from the edge of the box through a crowd of players.

Second goal we lost possession, quick break found their striker in the box 12 yards out and he hit it past me, I can still feel the ball whistling under my hand, so annoying.

The equaliser we failed to deal with a long throw and their striker hit it on the turn and volley. One of those I was full stretch and as I was diving in the air I could just see the ball getting further and further away from my outstretched hands.

The winner the ball was played through the middle of our defence, Centre Back didn't chase as he was trying to play offside. I came out  ut the guy slotted it low to my left. I got a hand to it but it slithered under and in. Definitely think I could have got a stronger hand to it at least. Gutting really as we were our own undoing and the team we played we should be beating, I guess on the bright side being out of the cup means it's less likely we will have to play double headers as we are still in two other cups yet anyway.

Kit: All Green Nike kit.

Boots: Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

Lost 5-3 today against a team who only had ten men from the start. Fair to say we played awful, before they took the lead we should have scored about six. As it was we went in at half time 3-0 down. The team lacks discipline and players every week seem to have an excuse not to play. Only once in 8 games or so so far have I had the same back four in consecutive games.

First goal they got in behind our LB and played it across the six yard box, we should have cleared it but our RB made a hash of it. I've gone from front to back post and he fooled me a bit as I thought he was going to smash it back from where I was coming and he rolled it in at my near post.

Second goal they broke our offside trap, the whole backline stopped claiming offside, I've come out thinking I had to do something and ended up with the guy lifting it over me.

Third goal from a free kick their tall CB got a powerful header, not really too sure what happened but I dived across to it somehow missed it with my hands and it hit my chest. It was a save of sorts, only trouble is no one picked up on the loose ball and their player reacted first to tap into the empty net.

Fourth goal again they got in round behind our LB and a square ball to an unmarked player 8 yards out, he had practically the whole goal to aim at. And finally...

Fifth goal. A break when we were pushing to get back into the game I narrowed the angle down, player hit a shot but my RB had slid in to block and as I dived to my left the ball flicked up off of his boot and over my despairing right foot that I was trying to adjust to get something on it.

All in all not a great day at the office. Really frustrating especially when you consider 3-4 weeks ago we drew with top of the league and beat second, to turn out a performance like that was absolute garbage. And now the manager is thinking of jacking it in as he's had enough of being let down by players both on and off the pitch.

Kit: All Black Nike kit (different shorts and socks to usual though).

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

We have proper gone to crap now... Lost 2-3. Both our goals were down to fortune rather than good play.

First goal player got in behind CB who chose not to give away the foul, I came out to close him down and he squared it. Imagine my horror when their *ONE* player somehow scored when surrounded by *FOUR* of our players.

Second goal guy played a low cross, I tried to cut it out but the glare of the sun blinded me a bit, CB cleared but not well, I got up and ran across my goal as their RM was about to shoot and set myself and two of my defenders ran right in front of me. I literally saw the ball as it was going over my head. I'd have saved it if they hadn't blocked my view.

Third Goal was a penalty that I almost saved. Needlessly given away.

Hello chaps, so today was Surrey Cup week, and due to us pitch sharing we had to move as our pitch was being used by the other team, so we had to travel down to Reigate for the match and play at Reigate Priory. I must admit I thought the worst, with us having a bare 11 (our manager was a sub but the fella is like 50s/60s), and one of the 11 was playing with a pulled hamstring too.

We started well and were pretty solid, in truth I didn't have a lot to do in the first half, a few punches from crosses and corners, then having gone 2-0 up we gave away a soft penalty, I saw the guy change where he was looking as he started his run up and dived low and hard to my left, stuck out a strong right arm and saved the penalty... Into half time still 2-0 up.

Second half we started strong again with the slope and the wind in our favour this time and went 3-0 up. I dared to dream that at last I might keep my first clean sheet of the season, how wrong I was. a long throw into the box wasn't cleared properly and the ball fell to two of the opposition players 7 yards out with virtually their pick of where to shoot, I tried to get out but in truth I would have had to pull off a worldy to even come close to saving it... 3-1. Almost instantly we got down the other end and 4-1 it was. In my mind I even remember thinking even we cannot throw this one away now. Well... A stupid show boat corner from us trying to set up a volley on the edge of the area was easily intercepted, the ball was cleared down our end, realising my defenders were beaten I raced out, unfortunately both the forward and I fooled each other and we danced around the ball on the edge of the penalty area about 3 times each before he got the lucky of the bounce, he ran off with the ball and there were FOUR defenders between him and the goal and not one of them thought to close the goal down and he basically shot into the empty net from about 12 yards out. 4-2.

More back and forthing before a moment I am not proud of at all, a cross from deep came in, should have been my ball, for some reason I saw it was going to take an awkward bounce and hesitated, came, then hesitated again and in that time the opposition striker nipped in and headed the ball past me as I came to get my hand to it. 4-3.

Then after pushing to increase our lead with about 5 minutes left we lost possession, they played a ball straight through our defence, our Centre Back was easily held off and I came out to narrow the angle, but the guy managed to get it just wide enough of my hand to creep inside of the post... 4-4. Thankfully with minutes remaining a long throw from our striker found its way through their box and our Right Mid JUST tapped it in on the line... 5-4 and that was the final result.

I have to be honest I made a couple of saves, including the penalty but overall I wasn't happy with my own performance, I seem to be really struggling with 1 on 1s at the moment. I have always been quite a brave keeper but since I have come back after 2.5 years out I seem a little reluctant to come out for them and through balls, and I'm not really too sure why at the moment, it isn't helping my thigh is buggered so I am quite slow to get moving and I cannot run properly.

Anyway it was a nice win and was deserved, and shouldn't have been as close as it was in all honesty, but into the Third Round of the Surrey Cup we go, and much improved team spirit and morale today even when we were falling apart, hopefully we keep that up when we are back in League action next Sunday.

Kit: Green Adidas Shirt, Black Adidas Shorts and Socks.

20181117-210418.jpg

Another week and another disappointing performance. Against a team who had 1 point so far this season we struggled to a 2-2 draw, missing numerous chances, relying upon set pieces (particularly our centre forwards long throw) too much, and our own weakness to set pieces coming to the fore again. I didn't do much wrong and made a decent save or two in both halves.

First goal was a long throw from our right, it went beyond me, but two of our players lost their men and still their player jumped to nod in at the far post despite being surrounded by three of our players at this point.

Second goal again we failed to deal with a long throw properly and their guy shot from the edge of the area through a cluster of players which beat me and my Right Back on the line.

Can't help feeling we missed an opportunity here and I don't really know what the answer is right now. I tried out my Uhlsport Aerored Supergrips first half and I have to say I can tell why a lot of pros go with Absolutgrip. The Supergrip as soon as it gets a bit dusty or muddy loses its grip rapidly, to the point I changed gloves to my trusty Uhlsport Tensiongreen Absolutgrip HNs. Given the fact the Absolutes are cheaper I would definitely recommend to anyone not sure which to get, save yourself a few quid and get the cheaper model, they are also the better gloves in my opinion.

Kit: All Orange Nike kit.

Gloves: First Half - Uhlsport Aerored Supergrip Finger Surround's, Second Half - Uhlsport Tensiongreen Absolutgrip HN's.

csm_N919771-817_D1_253740ab6c.jpg

V3_1_Main_0293356.jpg?imwidth=768

csm_U1052-02_5fa50a0980.jpg

csm_U1055_7ce39a7016.jpg

What you think of those Predator SGs?  Wyatt decided this last weekend after being a Nike Tiempo kid for about 5 years that he wanted to switch.  Been breaking in a pair of Addidas Predator 19.1FG/AGs all week and likes them, so his mom ordered him a pair of the 19.1 SGs.  

31 minutes ago, panzerbug said:

What you think of those Predator SGs?  Wyatt decided this last weekend after being a Nike Tiempo kid for about 5 years that he wanted to switch.  Been breaking in a pair of Addidas Predator 19.1FG/AGs all week and likes them, so his mom ordered him a pair of the 19.1 SGs.  

I prefer the SG to the FG ones. I just couldn't seem to kick well in the Firms to the point I'd rather wear the SG with plastic studs instead even on hard ground.

I wish I could fix my Ace 15.1s though, I much prefer how a mid cut boot feels than one with the collar on to be honest but one of the stud threads on the boot its self has worn down that I can't screw anything in now annoyingly.

Please excuse the mess, the wife and I are in the process of throwing a few bits out. Finally got my hands on this full kit beauty today though.

IMG-20181130-WA0025.jpg

Funny old game today where the result doesn't really tell the whole story to be honest. Ok so get the worst part out of the way, we lost 8-3! However the team we played were very good, they train twice a week (we don't train at all), and generally going forward I would say they are the best team we have come up against so far this season. Don't get me wrong they are good but we did help them out a bit too. We went into the game with no fit or available Centre Backs today so started with our Striker partnered by a guy who has played one game this season who usually plays right or left back. Our Right Back returned today after 6 weeks out through injury and holiday and at Left Back we started a Centre Mid because our LB turned up at 10:25 for a 10:30 kick off.

Anyway we started well and went 0-1 up, then it all started, first spell we conceded 4 goals in 10 mins, their left mid got in behind, I closed the angle but he chipped it far post, our LB fell asleep and a simple header in at the far post. 1-1, then their left winger got in behind our RB and drilled a low hard shot across me, 2-1. Then we failed to clear a set piece properly, the ball fell to their Centre Mid who from 8 yards out smashed it, one of those where it was through me before I even had a chance to react. Then within minutes we failed to clear a set piece again and a high looping ball back into the box saw their player outjumped two of mine at the far post... 4-1.

However two goals from us in quick succession saw us go in 4-3 at Half Time. Then second half we started strong and almost equalised, our Left Mid tapping wide from yards out.  The first 20 minutes of the second half we started well and then another crazy 10 minute spell after I had made a few smart stops saw them put the game beyond us...

First their second half striker came in the box, I made the initial first one on one stop but it fell to their striker who scored despite 3 of our players between him and the goal (a recurring issue!), then same player got in round the back and smashed a shot low and hard at my near post, I anticipated the shot across me and couldn't keep it out with my foot, so 6-3 by this point. Another few saves from me then I made one which our CB made a hash of clearing and the guy hit it edge of the box looping over me, 7-3. And finally they got in behind again, a ball across beat everyone for a tap in from 6 yards out, 8-3.

They were a good team, but a right moany bunch of bitches, I think we can get at them next time. Annoying result but I actually felt like the score wasn't a reflection as a whole and I actually took some positives from the game.

Reusch gloves were decent, definitely will use them for now.

Gloves: Reusch Prisma Pro G3 Duo.

No game this coming Sunday :-/, already been postponed due to waterlogged pitches apparently. Wouldn't even say it has been raining that much to be honest.

One last game on the 16th, Surrey Cup third round then we are off for two weeks over Christmas.