Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

1 hour ago, The Dazzler99 said:

I had a pair of last seasons Sells Wrap Aqua gloves. They were amazing! They were so comfy and the latex took the sting out of any shot I faced, shame they are so expensive otherwise i'd buy and wear them more often. I'd like to try the total contact cut one day.

Be careful with the little black tab on the wrist band, it gets pulled of easy. 

Funny you say that as mine looks like the stitching is coming off the tab already. I have tried the Total Contact  before but 4 years ago and I didn't really rate it, shots bloody hurt as the latex seemed a lot thinner than the wraps.

I want to try their flat palms. These are decent, think the grip isn't at its optimum yet though, and I got these for £80 instead of £100.

Even on the Pro Direct website in the bio's of some of the gloves they even mention the black tab will come off. Guess it was a known issue with production. Not great for a brand that is consistently one of the most expensive out there. 

16 hours ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Even on the Pro Direct website in the bio's of some of the gloves they even mention the black tab will come off. Guess it was a known issue with production. Not great for a brand that is consistently one of the most expensive out there. 

Not seen that. Although I did buy mine from Great-Save as they were £80 and everywhere else was £100.

Got Alexandra United Irons two weeks running. Away in the Surrey Cup Fourth Round this coming Sunday and then Home in the League Charity Cup Second Round on the 20th January.

Funny team Alex Utd Irons. Unbeaten in the league so far this season, only loss is in the League Challenge Cup to SCR Reserves. When we played them Away in the League they were top and we drew 3-3 with them which should have been a 2-3 win to us but some diabolical refereeing cost us. I really don't get how they have only lost one game in 4 months as I really didn't think they were that good. They even beat the team who beat us 8-3 just before Christmas. Strange how football plays out sometimes.

League Table after Sunday. We are Erskine Rovers.

Screenshot-20190106-192738-Chrome.jpg

So our results have been:

AFC Ewell: W 5-2 Home, L 5-3 Away

Mondial: L 8-3 Away

AFC Rio: L 2-3 Home (and L 3-4 in League Challenge Cup at Home!)

Alex Utd Irons: D 3-3 Away

SCR Reserves: W 2-3 Away

Sporting Santos: L 5-2 Away

Thames Ditton: Not played yet

Kingston Boys: L 1-0 Away

Team H: Not played yet

AFC Cannons: D 2-2 Away

West Woking Wand Res: W 14-1 Home.

In my opinion we should be at least 4 points better off than we are right now, arguably 6 but that's football.

WWFC-2.png

Found this picture the other day from my Under 18 season for Wickham Wanderers in the Bexley & District League. The picture is from 2001/02, specifically 2002 as I didn't start wearing those Reusch gloves in the picture until the back end of the season after my Selsport Wrappa's couldn't grip the ball anymore. Oh and I got the White Predator boots for Christmas 01 too. 😁

Weird I just looked up the 2001 Reusch catalogue which has these two pairs of gloves. My gloves had the backhand and strap of the top pair, but a negative cut like the bottom pair. But no such glove in their 2001 or 2002 catalogues. 🤔

reusch-2001-orthotec.jpg
reusch-2001-proorthotec.jpg

I don't know why I never posted this up either but this was a picture of me playing at a Charity 5 a side tournament at Selhurst Park in May last year, which convinced me to take the plunge and go back to playing 11 a side again after 2 seasons out.

IMG-20180519-WA0005.jpg

What a game, what a team performance!!! Having spent most of the first half doing our usual we came from 3-1 down at half time to win 3-5 and book our place in the Surrey Cup quarter finals.

We started slow and an early long throw was headed at the far post that I got finger tips to to turn it around the post. Most of the early play was the opposition trapping us in and I had a couple of other smart stops to make, then of course a corner... Swung to the back post, I back peddled but it was just out of my reach and a free header saw them equalise after we had gone 1-0 up.

Then a rasping volley from 35 yards from their CM had me diving full stretch to claw it out, from the resulting corner our CB misjudged the flight got trapped under it and from 6 yards out their player powered a header into the roof of the net. One of those annoying ones where it was straight above me, if it had been to a side I'd have probably had a better chance to react. 2-1.

And then a break down our right their player crossed it low, Jay our CB cut it out, then proceeded to blast the ball straight at an opposition player who was stood about 3 yards away, off his shin and in, 3-1. Kind of summed up our half.

Second half we came out flying, the manager switched it up and it was soon 3-3. We were resolute in defence, we defended their corners, free kicks and long throws valiantly and held firm. To be honest second half I didn't really have any saves of note to make. Late on we managed to nip in front, 3-4, and with 2 minutes left a long punt clear from our RB was misjudged by their keeper and Lee our striker tapped in to the empty net for 3-5. 3 wins in a row now and you can tell the team have confidence now, and we have really gelled. Such a shame we have probably left it too late, but a Surrey Cup Quarter Final to look forward to and we face the same opposition again next Sunday in the League Charity Cup second round, this time at Home.

Kit: 2018/19 All Orange Crystal Palace kit.

1943-441.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

V3_1_Main_0293356.jpg?imwidth=768

Gloves Sells Elite Aqua Wrap Campione.

8011-182.jpg

16 hours ago, Schumacher86 said:

Keep this up Bucks, enjoy reading this. How are the Sells gloves performing? I wore Sells campione last year and they were excellent.

I'm not sure I have got them to their full potential yet. For years I have been wearing gloves in size 7 but over the last year I have noticed 7s seem to be getting smaller and smaller to a point where they don't really fit now. In truth I would say I am probably a 7.5, but as Sells do 7 or 8 I went with the 8.

They fit ok... I wouldn't say they are perfect but then Sells (including Adam himself - shameless name drop!) do say roll finger gloves should fit a bit loose so they are ok, just feels a little strange catching in them. As I say though the grip is decent and true, but I feel like I haven't got them at an optimum level yet. Durability wise they are superb, worn them twice so far on what I'd describe as damp but firm pitches and there's not a scratch on them so far.

Shock absorption is also very good, did hurt my wrist a bit yesterday but that was more my fault, the guy hit that volley from 35 yards and I dived full stretch for it but rather than open palm parry it away I punched it top of the first which probably wasn't the best idea but hey ho, it done the trick. Shame they scored from the resulting corner.

I've also been using what I now call my lucky ferret the last two games instead of a towel. I know Sells do one similar but it was sold out everywhere so I got the Kaliaaer one instead... Does a decent job of cleaning dirty off the palms and keeping them reasonably damp during games, I find with a towel often after a few wipes it gets dirty then you can't clean your gloves properly during the game.

aqua-charge-techni-towel-p97-481_medium.

Thanks for letting me know, these are on my list to get as always love wearing Sells, super gloves. Really like the new design, didn't think they would have improved on the Campione but they have matched it design wise. I have bothered the Sells and KA towels and they are excellent, really simple but effective towel...

1 hour ago, Schumacher86 said:

Great name for it!! The KA wash kit is handy for after games.

I did think about getting their glove wash, and actually warmed up before my game in a pair of Kaliaaer gloves. I do like the Wash from the people who make Glove Glu though, really does a decent job, had been struggling for a while since Great-Save stopped making their own glove wash.

I have also been using the just keepers own glove wash for years, excellent so it is. I have a pair of the kaliaaer gloves but haven't used them yet, good quality tho.

So we have drawn Sporting Santos Away in the Surrey Cup Quarters. We lost 5-2 to them on the opening day of the season and quite honestly we were absolutely abysmal, we have come a long way since then and I think they can expect a tougher match this time around.

The only shame is it is Away as their pitch is dire, it was like playing in a kiddies sand pit the last time.

I've got a couple of pairs of Seismics I have had and pre washed for months but never used them so I might try out the Salamandars on Sunday.

Did see these on their website earlier this week though so did have to buy a pair. 😲

15478069514151850652931829088813.jpg

3 hours ago, Schumacher86 said:

I bought a pair of those Seismic gloves a while back, really good gloves. Really like Seismic as a brand as the offer great service and excellent value.

How is the latex on them? It's the same on the Queltic Emeralds I have which I never used, mainly because I couldn't get my hands in them properly, but also because the latex never felt like it had much to it.

I prewashed them and wore them for ten mins of a warm up, washed again and let them dry, on second use the grip started to come through. Grip by third use was very good but it does need some washes as will be slick to start off with.

Too late to pre wash for tomorrow now so will give them a pre wash and use them in my warm up on the 3rd Feb. Not got a game next Sunday annoyingly.

Good morning gentlemen from a cold and wintry Surrey (-4°c as I type). I am very happy to report that we are into our second cup quarter final within two weeks, both by beating Alexandra United Irons, this time a fine 4-1 Victory at Home, rather annoyingly we came so close to a first clean sheet of the season but for a soft penalty.

Right from the off we hit them hard knowing after last week they didn't like being put on the back foot, racing into an unassailable 3 goal lead before they even really registered a meaningful attempt on goal. In fact first half apart from a couple of simple stops I didn't have a lot to do. There was a moment where my Centre Back played a back pass to me under pressure (I think at 2-0), as I came to kick it I could tell it was bobbling a long horribly so didn't try to put my full weight through it. Just as well as it skipped up over my foot, but luckily I was able to recover and scurry across to put it out for a corner. 😅 Phew!

The final nail was hammered in after a scramble from a long throw, we headed goalwards and the opposition player dived and handled it off the line... Down to 10 men and 4-0 to us at Half Time. To be honest I don't really know what happened second half, usually we come out at the start of the game slow and get better, this week we smashed them apart then second half somehow let 10 men run all over us, we were resolute in defence especially from their bombardment of set pieces and long throws, a few smart stops from me, a free kick from 35 yards I parried away from the top corner, a block and catch from a header 6 yards out, among a few others, then they got a penalty, a ball down our Right which clearly went out for our throw but the opposition lino claiming he couldn't see because one of our watchers was in the way on the line, the ball got played into the area and whilst it probably was a penalty, I would say their player was looking for it, he couldn't wait to throw himself on the floor. Needless to say their CM stepped up and went right, I dived left, 4-1. Annoying!!! I had a couple of late saves but we saw the game out to put us through in the League Charity Cup, bear in mind our opponents are still unbeaten in the League this season.

As an aside I decided to give a pair of Seismic Salamander gloves a run out yesterday having pre washed them in September, Lol! What a fantastic pair of gloves! Really impressed with the Quartz latex on them. If that is how they perform on wear one, then give me more!!! 😁

Kit: 2018/19 Orange Crystal Palace kit.

1943-441.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

V3_1_Main_0293356.jpg?imwidth=768

Gloves: Seismic Salamander's.

S-2.jpg

One of the opposition players asked if I was available Saturday's as his team need a decent keeper, unfortunately I had to respectfully decline due to work commitments.

No game this Sunday unfortunately, everyone else in our Division issued with a League game or Cup and we are the odd one out, which is really rather annoying.

We now face Mondial on the 3rd February who were really very good. Well going forward they are, defensively they are susceptible and we have been in great form recently, so hoping we might give them more of a match than the 8-3 loss in December.

I think myself, our Captain and Vice Captain are going on a scouting mission this Sunday though, Alexandra Utd Irons the team we have just played twice in a row are at Home against Sporting Santos who are our Surrey Cup Quarter Final opponents, so it would be handy to see what they are all about (we played them opening week but we were absolutely awful back then!), and see if there is anything we can plan for.