Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

Grrr... Due to the snow we have no game again this Sunday. Not good!

Argh!!! I knew no good would come of having 2 weeks off. Not happy with how I played today, will post up a full report later, but so pissed off. Lost 4-3, probably should have done better on 2 goals, possibly 3. Grrr!

So yesterday we faced off against AFC Rio again for the third time this season, and again we lost... Apparently both teams have been in the same division for a few seasons now and they are a bit of a bogey team. Earlier in the season we lost 3-4 in Extra Time in the League cup when they equalised with the last kick of the game, then we lost 2-3 in our Home league game which we missed about 7 great chances.

After a good run recently we fancied our chances, but I just had a feeling two weeks "off" whilst on our decent run wasn't going to do us any favours. The game started pretty end to end, and I was disappointed to concede from the first shot on goal... We failed to clear the ball properly which fell to their Centre Back. For some reason both Midfield and Defence let him run with the ball like they wasn't there and from 25 yards he hit a low drive, I dived low to my right, and having gotten a good hand on it, I was disappointed to see it roll into the net 1-0.

We equalised after some good play around their box and Del our CM hit a hopeful shot from about 30 yards which hit a defender and looped over their keeper, 1-1.

We failed to clear a Free Kick properly soon after, the ball fell to their striker edge of the box, unmarked, unchallenged he took a touch, and I don't even know why but I anticipated him curling the ball to my left, he hit it to my right... If I hadn't taken that step I'd have caught it, instead all I could do was stick out my right arm, again I got a good hand to it but it bobbled in. I basically made his mind up for him before he hit the ball and I don't even know why, so disappointed in myself. 2-1.

I didn't have many saves first half mainly sweeping up and that was how it finished.

Second half was all us to begin with, we huffed and puffed and eventually the pressure told, a free kick was swung in, headed on to the bar and Jay our Centre Back nodded in from about 7 yards out, 2-2.

There was a bit more end to end play, then a break, the ball played to their Left Mid, as soon as I saw the ball going to him I thought if he hits this right I have no chance... He curled the ball right around my CB, into the top left corner. I was across full stretch but he had pretty much hit it perfect power, swerve... 3-2.

Again we went on the front foot, and kept them hemmed in, a few dodgy refs calls done us no favours and then with minutes to go, a penalty... Kieron another Centre Back stepped up and 3-3.

Then as per always we basically gave the ball up from the kick off, let them run through again, God knows where our Midfield was. The ball was played to our Right, I came out to close the angle, the player turned back and Kieron slipped over. Realising it was now 1 v 1 I charged out, and I don't know how but the guy somehow shot, it clipped my wrist, missed Kieron who was trying to head it whilst getting off the floor and went between Jay and Marcel who were running back to the line... 4-3.

I was just so disappointed with myself. One mistake and two goals I know I should have done much better with, and again a loss to a team who are not better than us.

Next Sunday we play Sporting Santos Away in the Surrey Cup Quarter Final. They are in our Division, we played them opening day and lost 5-2, but we were awful then and should give them a much tougher game this time.

My kicking was decent all game for once though. 😅🤷‍♂️

Kit: All Orange Crystal Palace keeper kit.

1943-441.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas 18.1 SG's.

d9f3cbcef721.jpg

Gloves: Seismic Ogma Rapit's.

rapit-2-e1539982286457.jpg

2 hours ago, Schumacher86 said:

How did you find the Seismic gloves?

They are ok. The grip is very good, but slightly different to what I was expecting. They don't really feel like a VG3 on hand, and they are quite a lot more padded than a VG3 to be honest. I guess it depends on preference, and to be honest I still prefer the fit and feel of the originals.

I think I am going to go with the Salamander gloves next Sunday. I was only meant to wear these in the warm up yesterday to wear them in, then couldn't be bothered to change before the match.

Kind of messing with my OCD now considering how poor I played. 🤣

Not to mention that I have washed my Orange kit FOUR times and still not all the stains have come out FFS! 😫

49 minutes ago, Bucks13 said:

I think I am going to go with the Salamander gloves next Sunday. I was only meant to wear these in the warm up yesterday to wear them in, then couldn't be bothered to change before the match.

Do you wear two different gloves on match-day? One for warm-up and one for the game? Wouldn't recommend that, especially if your switching into a different glove model.

58 minutes ago, GKJacob said:

Do you wear two different gloves on match-day? One for warm-up and one for the game? Wouldn't recommend that, especially if your switching into a different glove model.

No but I do like to give gloves a wear or two in a warm up sometimes rather than go straight into a match with them.

22 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

No but I do like to give gloves a wear or two in a warm up sometimes rather than go straight into a match with them.

Why not training?

9 hours ago, GKJacob said:

Why not training?

Training... What's that? 🤣 The last team I played for who trained was probably 2011/12. No joke!

I'd struggle to make training most weeks if there was any as I work shifts.

15 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

Training... What's that? 🤣 The last team I played for who trained was probably 2011/12. No joke!

I'd struggle to make training most weeks if there was any as I work shifts.

Oh haha, couldn't imagine football without training!

Lost 8-0. We were awful from the off. :-( Conceded 8 from like 10 shots on goal. Pissed off ain't the word right now.

Today was doomed from the off. Players turning up 10 mins before kick off in a Cup Quarter Final, our captain and top scorer went on the piss last night and didn't turn up, the referee called five minutes before the game to say he wasn't coming, both teams spoke to the Surrey FA as neither wanted to play without a proper ref, to be told the game has to be played today.

We were awful from the off, no composure, passes going astray, second to every 50/50, not reading the play and letting them play their game. I can't be arsed to go into great detail about it so here is a brief run down of their goals...

Goals:
1. Penalty, which never was. Their player headed it at our players hand from a yard away and our player had his back to him.

2. Ball over the top player flicked it over and  past our CB and volleyed top corner.

3. Ball over the top player beat CB and rolled it across me in off the far post.

4. Ball over the top, beat our CB, controlled with his arm so shouldn't have been allowed, fired it past me.

5. Shit defending ball fell to their CM edge of the box who curled it top corner.

Half Time...

6. Foul on our CB not given, player ran through slotted it past me 1 on 1.

7. Corner no one tracked the man who ran near post and side footed it in.

8. LM ran at us, knocked it to the forward about 12 yards out, took a touch and stuck it bottom corner.

So yeah. We pretty much embarrassed ourselves, and I basically conceded every shot they had. Pffff! So fucking annoying!

Kit: Black Leverkusen Shirt, Red Shorts & Socks.

Boots: White Adidas 18.1 SG's.

Gloves: Seismic Salamander's.

Thinking of getting new boots... Can't decide what though. Always had a thing for Red boots. And love the Nike VNM Elite. But then I do like the Black / Red Adidas X18s.

Not so keen on the Red X18s. Hmmm! But then the Black ones look too much like the Predator 18s I already have?

20190218-145811.jpg

20190218-145747.jpg
20190218-145726.jpg