Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Bucks Returns

One week down since the season ended and already I am bored... HELP!!!

Matching gloves to go with my Silver boots. Anyone thinking of picking these up, a word of warning, I didn't know this when I bought them and it's not a massive issue for me as I have had similar Puma gloves before, but these come with a removable strap that velcros on / off at the wrist so you can wear them with or without a wrist strap. Also it seems a bit flimsy and the velcro will probably stop sticking after a while I imagine.

20190524-125939.jpg

They look really nice.

I dont get this trend with new gloves having detachable straps. I dont know any keeper who doesn't like a secure wrist section of a glove. 

Has to be a gimmick. Puma tried this years back and I dont think they sold well at all. 

32 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

They look really nice.

I dont get this trend with new gloves having detachable straps. I dont know any keeper who doesn't like a secure wrist section of a glove. 

Has to be a gimmick. Puma tried this years back and I dont think they sold well at all. 

The Puma one was alright as it zipped on and was secure. I still have those gloves actually in my wardrobe. Like I say I don't hold out much hope if the Adidas velcro is anything to go by normally that the wrist strap will stay attached to the glove much beyond a month or so use so we will see on that score.

As for the rest of the glove, since the Team Mode pair I got in October which was the first pair of Hybrid's they released, they seem to have refined the fit a bit better. They feel sleeker and fit better as they were quite pinchy on the ends of the fingers before, so they have obviously taken feedback from their pros over the last 6 months or so.

It's a shame that it has effectively killed off the Fingertip model now though, all the previous FT pros like Ter Stegen and Trapp have been using these so I guess that's the end of them, certainly as far as a roll finger glove goes anyway.

Can't wait to spend 40 minutes peeling the plastic off though. 🙄 Hopefully as these are URG 2.0 not 1.0 it won't be such an arse ache this time.

I haven't got a clue what gloves I might wear next season. 🤣🤷‍♂️

IMG-20190527-WA0007.jpg

56 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Some serious investment on the pope gloves. Hope the owner is giving you a special discount lol 

To be fair they messed up an order and sent me the wrong size gloves (size 7 instead of 7.5), which they replaced for free without me having to send the small gloves back. So I will probably use them for kick abouts / training.