Internal Latex : NO

Wrist Strap : ELASTIC STRETCH STRAP WITH WINDOW FOR PERSONALISATION

Wrist Entry : BANDAGE

Glove Body :  3D MESH

Finger Protection : NONE

Price : £32 plus postage & packaging

Where from : http://www.j19goalkeeping.com

First Impressions

I wasn’t a big fan of the first offering from J19 but these have really stepped it up a level, a striking design with a simple yet stylish logo on the backhand along with the 3D mesh really makes these gloves pop in my opinion. Fit wise they are quite a loose fitting glove, if getting again I would be tempted to drop a size, certainly if you are normally a half size in other gloves definitely go down not up in size. They feel extremely well made and the stretch strap is the perfect length and gives a nice secure fit, I never felt myself having to re adjust these when on. Out the packet the latex feels good to go, not powdery like you get with some latex’s but never the less they got my usual quite run through the machine to give them a pre wash.

Use

I have used these 10 times in all now, they have been used on dry astro, wet astro, muddy grass in matches & training. I have to say that when I first heard they were mega grip I wasn’t expecting great things in all honesty but how wrong was I?? They have given great grip no matter the conditions, this definitely confirms to me that sometimes in the past some factories/ brands maybe haven’t been quite truthful about the latex on their gloves. The 4mm foam gives excellent shock absorption without sacrificing feel.  Durabilty has been very good, for having had 10 uses on mainly astro they are holding up very well. Can’t fault the build quality of these at all, no popped stitches or fading etc. As I have said before they are extremely comfortable on the hand and are a lovely glove to use.

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks = 8

Fit – 7.5 just due to being slightly roomy

Build Quality -  9

Dry Grip – 8.5

Wet Grip - 8

Durability – 8.5

Overall  -  8.25

Conclusion

Really happy with these and glad to see a brand run by a genuine good guy in Jamie Ewings improving and evolving. As I say these have been a lot better than I expected them to be so I would highly recommend giving them a go.

Pictures

Link to my photobucket album of the pictures of these

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/superstar_tradesmanp100/library/j19 hybrids

I quite like the look of these gloves. Only down sides are 1. They don't do my size (7) and 2. All the fingers aren't tipped.

Anyone who knows me knows I love the Adidas Fingertips. Only trouble is Adidas sizing is VERY big for size in the Fingertip model now. And they are £85. :-D

I don't know if Adidas hold a patent for full Fingertips as seen a few brands with 2 fingers but never a full 4 finger.

3 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

I quite like the look of these gloves. Only down sides are 1. They don't do my size (7) and 2. All the fingers aren't tipped.

Anyone who knows me knows I love the Adidas Fingertips. Only trouble is Adidas sizing is VERY big for size in the Fingertip model now. And they are £85. :-D

I don't know if Adidas hold a patent for full Fingertips as seen a few brands with 2 fingers but never a full 4 finger.

I believe adidas do hold a patent on the 4 fingers being tipped hence why the others don't do it.